shape
carat
color
clarity

3.11 fancy gray diamond. Setting ideas?!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Oh don’t worry this chain doesn’t fit over my very big head lol.

Because if the size I think it’d make for an awesome pin/pendant convertible. The trick is finding the right size balance that would work for both!

I found this example from Lang

BD76CF90-3ECC-4860-81FA-364316A37491.jpeg

I really like that example. I like multiple purpose jewellery especially in such a striking diamond. I also quite like the bezel it's already in, but it would be interesting if you could photograph it next to some different colour metals.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics of the pendant with rose gold, yellow, pave, black wire (to approx black rhodium) and black mother of pearl
9882D733-08D8-4132-AF91-276A95552E23.jpeg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE it next to rose gold! :love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting is fun because it’s so open I can thread wire through it.
So today I’m putzing around with it as a bracelet lol

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right now I’m tentatively thinking something like this with black mother of pearl and rose gold trimmings

727E0B10-423F-44A8-A721-60B463B40E7D.jpeg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I see it with a bright white diamond pavé and then something silver and black. Or maybe rose gold and black. (Rose gold looks terrible on my skin tone so I never imagine things with rose gold but it looks like it suits you very well!)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous! I love it in the bezel but I also think your design sounds amazing, unique and special. I can't wait to see the finished product. That diamond has some heft to it and I love the size. Is it just me or does it face up really large for a 3 carat stone?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous! I love it in the bezel but I also think your design sounds amazing, unique and special. I can't wait to see the finished product. That diamond has some heft to it and I love the size. Is it just me or does it face up really large for a 3 carat stone?

It’s 9.4mm which I think is about right for 3.11ct? And the bezel adds a bit of size. Might be that I am a human have small hands and wrists lol. I’m 5’4 with a 4.5-6 ring size and a 6in wrist so many things look big on me! In the case of diamonds I’m not complaining.

Reactions: AV_

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful stone!
How does it change in tint/tone in different lighting and any seeing of haze due to the clouds in any lighting?
Apologies if you’ve already mentioned this and I missed it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it in the wg bezel and with a rose gold chain! There are millions of setting options if you want something more ornate. But I honestly think it's more wearable like it is! I wear my most simple classic pieces daily and rarely wear the rest! I really want to eventually get a 2+ ct in a bezel!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful stone!
How does it change in tint/tone in different lighting and any seeing of haze due to the clouds in any lighting?
Apologies if you’ve already mentioned this and I missed it!

It goes from a steely white to darker gray depending on the type of lighting and angle.

If I shine at light directly into it it does look a little hazy but then again my other diamonds look darker and hazier that way too.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I love it! And actually, I love your current setting (but I'm a minimalist.) It think it looks very sexy as a simple pendent at just that length.

Oh God, now I want one!!! I had never seen a fancy grey before. Absolultly stunning!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ah man that's not too big for a ring!! It's perfect!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it in the wg bezel and with a rose gold chain! There are millions of setting options if you want something more ornate. But I honestly think it's more wearable like it is! I wear my most simple classic pieces daily and rarely wear the rest! I really want to eventually get a 2+ ct in a bezel!

I don’t necessarily want anything more ornate but I do like the idea of something more multipurpose that I can also wear as a pin and it’s tough to do that with just the bezel lol.

Right now I’m leaning heavily towards a rose gold and black mother of pearl design.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Is it worth setting with white diamonds for contrast? Yes, I do like it as it is.

(the above-mentioned style as bracellet www , there are quite a few versions)

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Do you think a halo of D/E/F melee would act like Shale's coat to bring out the colour? Or not even a halo necessarily. The black mother is pearl is also very nice.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought about white diamonds but I kind of like the shiftiness of how it looks. And I think a rose gold bezel and black pearl will look so romantic and warm and soft!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
(we were writing in the same time)

Then, www

over & out

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I thought about white diamonds but I kind of like the shiftiness of how it looks. And I think a rose gold bezel and black pearl will look so romantic and warm and soft!

Black pearls / mother of pearl would fit so well.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Black pearls / mother of pearl would fit so well.

I found an Etsy artist who works with MoP and says he can probably have it done in 2 weeks. Fast! We will see how this goes.

Even if I get it in the next 3 weeks I probably won’t be able to reset it until covid passes and my local jeweler is back. I didn’t feel comfortable shipping this diamond out to a small independent jeweler I don’t have any experience with ..

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I do not want to know how the post is doing, fair enough.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
How about a rose gold bezel? Your diamond looks so amazing!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results