shape
carat
color
clarity

3.11 ct cusion modified brilliant, vs2, I color - price!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CornishRex

Rough_Rock
wow - that pictures did not turn out - sassy cat again

xmas 023 v3.jpg

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/11/2009 12:26:59 PM
Author: CornishRex
Ellen, David,

Thanks for your differing views! This is what Pricescope is all about. I indeed have looked at many many cushions - white and yellow (and plan to see more today and tomorrow!) I have also seen many yellow sapphires (from my earlier thread here about going with a sapphire instead of a diamond). I work on 48th and madison - NEXT to the diamond district basically - and so have the ease of viewing many dealers'' diamonds. The shallow diamond i posted about looks really big next to a regular 3.0ct cushion. Materialistically I love that about this diamond for the price. The dimensions (for a cushion) are large 9.03 x 8.97!! I looked at the diamond next to an H color, $35k diamond, amongst others and it definitly was not as brilliant or sparkly at that stone or some of the more expensive, deeper stones. However for me, it was sparkly enough.

I will let this forum know what happens. Still nervous about what do with Whiteflash versus the dealer. We are consulting with the setting designer who ''brought'' us to the diamond dealer to see if what she says.
Thanks all!
You''re very welcome Cornish,
It seems that many people here get extremely upset when any opposing viewpoint is expressed. Kind of like intellectual intimidation. Express any different view, and you are liable to get attacked.

Cut is one if the most important aspects of a diamond. A lot of people here would like to make it seem they know the "right" answer about cut- but in many cases, the right answer is different for different individuals. This is especially true regarding cushions.

If Ellen wants to buy a stone that looks much smaller, but has more fire that she can see, that''s fine for her. But it does not mean you''re "wrong" if you choose to buy a spreadier stone that has other attributes you find attractive.

If Cornish loves the diamond after looking at it, and comparing to others, what would photos do? Allow people to further try and convince her she does not know what she loves?

There''s absolutely NOTHING wrong with selecting the stone you love- even if other consumers here are quick to knock it sight unseen.
It''s always a good idea to look at the stones in different lighting- not just the bright store lighting.

I am NOT posting here to argue with consumers- rather to add a tradesperson''s viewpoint. Cornish asked for expert opinions. Our company has sold many hundreds of cushions over the years- including many to members of this forum. We''ve learned that there''s a wide variety of taste, and options.

It would be a lot easier, and less risky just to let this go- let other consumers use their own personal preferences- stated as though they are law- to dictate what others should buy....but I honestly feel it''s doing Cornish a disservice to tell her she''s wrong to love a diamond she''s seen.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 1:51:51 PM
Author: Rockdiamond

Ellen, David,

Thanks for your differing views! This is what Pricescope is all about. I indeed have looked at many many cushions - white and yellow (and plan to see more today and tomorrow!) I have also seen many yellow sapphires (from my earlier thread here about going with a sapphire instead of a diamond). I work on 48th and madison - NEXT to the diamond district basically - and so have the ease of viewing many dealers'' diamonds. The shallow diamond i posted about looks really big next to a regular 3.0ct cushion. Materialistically I love that about this diamond for the price. The dimensions (for a cushion) are large 9.03 x 8.97!! I looked at the diamond next to an H color, $35k diamond, amongst others and it definitly was not as brilliant or sparkly at that stone or some of the more expensive, deeper stones. However for me, it was sparkly enough.

I will let this forum know what happens. Still nervous about what do with Whiteflash versus the dealer. We are consulting with the setting designer who ''brought'' us to the diamond dealer to see if what she says.
Thanks all!
It seems that many people here get extremely upset when any opposing viewpoint is expressed. Kind of like intellectual intimidation. Express any different view, and you are liable to get attacked.

Cut is one if the most important aspects of a diamond. A lot of people here would like to make it seem they know the ''right'' answer about cut- but in many cases, the right answer is different for different individuals. This is especially true regarding cushions.

If Ellen wants to buy a stone that looks much smaller, but has more fire that she can see, that''s fine for her. But it does not mean you''re ''wrong'' if you choose to buy a spreadier stone that has other attributes you find attractive.

If Cornish loves the diamond after looking at it, and comparing to others, what would photos do? Allow people to further try and convince her she does not know what she loves?

There''s absolutely NOTHING wrong with selecting the stone you love- even if other consumers here are quick to knock it sight unseen.
It''s always a good idea to look at the stones in different lighting- not just the bright store lighting.

I am NOT posting here to argue with consumers- rather to add a tradesperson''s viewpoint. Cornish asked for expert opinions. Our company has sold many hundreds of cushions over the years- including many to members of this forum. We''ve learned that there''s a wide variety of taste, and options.

It would be a lot easier, and less risky just to let this go- let other consumers use their own personal preferences- stated as though they are law- to dictate what others should buy....but I honestly feel it''s doing Cornish a disservice to tell her she''s wrong to love a diamond she''s seen.
I just wanted to agree with the previous post - my stone is an EGL Israel, which if I had listened to many PSers, I would not have even looked at simply because of the cert.

When I chose my stone, I was able to compare it to GIA and AGS stones, but this was the most beautiful one that I saw, and I loved it. So, I think it''s more important to go with the stone that you love when you see it in person that to just buy what a piece of paper says is better. Just buy the diamond that you loved the most. Some people would rather have spread over cut, some people would rather have clarity over color, that''s all personal opinion. If you think you''re getting a beautiful diamond for a good price, then go for it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, David,

Thanks all!
You''re quite welcome Cornish. I would echo Neat and Judah on looking at in in natural diffused daylight. If you still love it, then it may be the one! (I had not read your other thread, so I was unaware you had looked at diamonds before)

Good luck!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're very welcome Cornish,

Cut is one if the most important aspects of a diamond. A lot of people here would like to make it seem they know the 'right' answer about cut- but in many cases, the right answer is different for different individuals. This is especially true regarding cushions.

If Ellen wants to buy a stone that looks much smaller, but has more fire that she can see, that's fine for her. But it does not mean you're 'wrong' if you choose to buy a spreadier stone that has other attributes you find attractive.

There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with selecting the stone you love- even if other consumers here are quick to knock it sight unseen.
It's always a good idea to look at the stones in different lighting- not just the bright store lighting.

I am NOT posting here to argue with consumers- rather to add a tradesperson's viewpoint. Cornish asked for expert opinions. Our company has sold many hundreds of cushions over the years- including many to members of this forum. We've learned that there's a wide variety of taste, and options.

It would be a lot easier, and less risky just to let this go- let other consumers use their own personal preferences- stated as though they are law- to dictate what others should buy....but I honestly feel it's doing Cornish a disservice to tell her she's wrong to love a diamond she's seen.
No, you've come to the wrong conclusion here David. I'm not intimidated by you at all.

And for the record, Judah, a jeweler, along with neat, totally understood what I was getting at with this stone. Also, Cornish herself verified that the stone was somewhat lacking compared to others. That is what I was suggesting could be the case.

If she loves the size more than anything, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. To some, size is first, I get it. But I was unaware she'd seen diamonds before, hence my statements. Which I will keep on making, evey time I feel it warranted. Because I care about the people who post here, I want their money well spent, and I want them to end up with a stunning diamond.

And for the record, I didn't "attack" you.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/11/2009 2:23:02 PM
Author: Ellen

You're very welcome Cornish,

Cut is one if the most important aspects of a diamond. A lot of people here would like to make it seem they know the 'right' answer about cut- but in many cases, the right answer is different for different individuals. This is especially true regarding cushions.

If Ellen wants to buy a stone that looks much smaller, but has more fire that she can see, that's fine for her. But it does not mean you're 'wrong' if you choose to buy a spreadier stone that has other attributes you find attractive.

There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with selecting the stone you love- even if other consumers here are quick to knock it sight unseen.
It's always a good idea to look at the stones in different lighting- not just the bright store lighting.

I am NOT posting here to argue with consumers- rather to add a tradesperson's viewpoint. Cornish asked for expert opinions. Our company has sold many hundreds of cushions over the years- including many to members of this forum. We've learned that there's a wide variety of taste, and options.

It would be a lot easier, and less risky just to let this go- let other consumers use their own personal preferences- stated as though they are law- to dictate what others should buy....but I honestly feel it's doing Cornish a disservice to tell her she's wrong to love a diamond she's seen.
No, you've come to the wrong conclusion here David. I'm not intimidated by you at all.

And for the record, Judah, a jeweler, along with neat, totally understood what I was getting at with this stone. Also, Cornish herself verified that the stone was somewhat lacking compared to others. That is what I was suggesting could be the case.

If she loves the size more than anything, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. To some, size is first, I get it. But I was unaware she'd seen diamonds before, hence my statements. Which I will keep on making, evey time I feel it warranted. Because I care about the people who post here, I want their money well spent, and I want them to end up with a stunning diamond.

And for the record, I didn't 'attack' you.
Thanks Ellen- I really did need a laugh this afternoon.
I express an opinion, and get pounded for doing so, but you're not intimidated.....that's really funny.
I was referring to the fact that the statement I originally made- then subsequent ones - are attacked.
Here's what you told me

With all due respect, I really hope in the future that you will post your initial thoughts and leave it at that. I do not want to have to keep jacking up peoples threads.
Maybe "attack" is too strong a word. You just told me to leave my opinions to myself. Based on what's happened here in this thread, how would that serve Cornish? How would silencing an alternative viewpoint written by a diamond dealer who has NO involvement with this diamond or buyer enrich this conversation for Cornish? To say nothing of Vespergirl.

I also think you are incorrect to involve Judah as you have. We all agree it's smart to look at stones out of the bright lights to get a more balanced look.
But at no time did Judah agree with the assessment that the diamond was badly cut based on the evidence presented here.
If that's his opinion, of course he's entitled to it, but he never said that.

I do believe your apologies to Cornish are appropriate.
If she's decided to get the stone, wouldn't it be better to assist her- as I've been trying to do? Or just keep telling me I have no right to express an opinion instead of assisting the OP.

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 2:08:37 PM
Author: vespergirl

Ellen, David,

Thanks all!

Cut is one if the most important aspects of a diamond. A lot of people here would like to make it seem they know the ''right'' answer about cut- but in many cases, the right answer is different for different individuals. This is especially true regarding cushions.

If Ellen wants to buy a stone that looks much smaller, but has more fire that she can see, that''s fine for her. But it does not mean you''re ''wrong'' if you choose to buy a spreadier stone that has other attributes you find attractive.

I just wanted to agree with the previous post - my stone is an EGL Israel, which if I had listened to many PSers, I would not have even looked at simply because of the cert.

When I chose my stone, I was able to compare it to GIA and AGS stones, but this was the most beautiful one that I saw, and I loved it. So, I think it''s more important to go with the stone that you love when you see it in person that to just buy what a piece of paper says is better. Just buy the diamond that you loved the most. Some people would rather have spread over cut, some people would rather have clarity over color, that''s all personal opinion. If you think you''re getting a beautiful diamond for a good price, then go for it.
cornish, vespergirl and david bring up a good point which is the same reason i ended up with a diamond that most would say have poor numbers, i did not buy it for investment reasons, i am never going to sell it, so who cares about the numbers, if it is beautiful to you then it is a beautiful period. what others are trying to point out is when compared to a stone with certain measurments one will perform differently from the other, which is a fact. just please compare it to others and in different light scenarios to be sure you like it all the time, and do not let other people tell you what you think is a pretty rock

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 2:54:04 PM
Thanks Ellen- I really did need a laugh this afternoon.
I express an opinion, and get pounded for doing so, but you're not intimidated.....that's really funny.
I was referring to the fact that the statement I originally made- then subsequent ones - are attacked.
Here's what you told me

With all due respect, I really hope in the future that you will post your initial thoughts and leave it at that. I do not want to have to keep jacking up peoples threads.
Maybe 'attack' is too strong a word. You just told me to leave my opinions to myself. Based on what's happened here in this thread, how would that serve Cornish? How would silencing an alternative viewpoint written by a diamond dealer who has NO involvement with this diamond or buyer enrich this conversation for Cornish? To say nothing of Vespergirl.

I also think you are incorrect to involve Judah as you have. We all agree it's smart to look at stones out of the bright lights to get a more balanced look.
But at no time did Judah agree with the assessment that the diamond was badly cut based on the evidence presented here.
If that's his opinion, of course he's entitled to it, but he never said that.

I do believe your apologies to Cornish are appropriate.
If she's decided to get the stone, wouldn't it be better to assist her- as I've been trying to do? Or just keep telling me I have no right to express an opinion instead of assisting the OP.
Good. Grief.

No one "pounded" you David. We were just expressing viewpoints, right? However, I didn't address "your" initial post, like you did mine (and have on other occasions), I just posted my own thoughts. I did not mention you, at all. IF you just would have left it at that, Cornish could have taken this conversation anywhere she wanted, or nowhere. The problem is, YOU can't leave other peoples posts/views alone. That, is the whole problem. And I am far from the only one who is TIRED of it.

So that is why I said what I did, in highlights. You are more than welcome to post your view, but don't go arguing everyone elses who differs from yours. It just jacks up every thread. Let the poster read each initial thought, and then decide what follow up questions they may have. Let. them. decide.

I'm not even going to try and explain the rest, I'm utterly conviced you won't get it. And I'm done with this thread.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

David, I just wanted to address some of the points you made concerning the consumers ( including myself) who post here regularly. Don't get me wrong, keeping an open mind is important so that we can try to help everyone who asks for it in our consumer capacities. I have seen it happen that some offer advice which is extremely rigid and may not always serve the poster whom is asking in the best possible way, because they are too reliant on extremely narrow guidelines or 'facts' and cannot always see the big picture that a particular diamond might be actually quite suitable, even if it doesn't quite match up to the usual standards seen here. Also I have seen it happen that some believe that a certain set of proportions will result in particular behaviour of a diamond which is not always the case - many grey areas and variables, too many to often say with any certainty that a particular diamond will show certain negatives or visual effects and this too can be detrimental. I can understand that this can stem from a fear of being wrong perhaps especially when trying to offer advice which isn't always easy as a consumer with very real limitations, and it is important to know those limitations when offering advice and to try not to get in over one's head ( as can happen). I think that " one size doesn't fit all" as an approach can be very valuable here.

However the more experienced PSers such as Ellen are very careful to try to keep an open mind and help the best way that they can and she does an excellent job - and has done so for a long time now. It would appear especially going by the positive feedback we have had from very pleased newbies in RT that the work the more experienced PSers do here is very much appreciated and that we have achieved success in helping many. So our methods which we have been cultivating for some time now as the regulars try to work together as a team - are of benefit and the right approach. Ellen's advice in this case was cautious concerning a fancy shape and I believe it was responsible advice. That way without potentially overcomplicating things, the OP was aware that there could be trade offs and visual sacrifices to be made with this diamond, but in pointing these out that the OP could make an informed decision compared with the information given, and to make sure of her own preferences by viewing as many different cushions as she could. That way she would be sure of which type of diamond appealed the most to her and if this was indeed The One!

We have to walk a fine line here at times and it isn't always easy as consumers with some knowledge, but I believe the veteran PSers do a fantastic job and try very hard to avoid stating personal preferences as 'law.' No one is attacking a different viewpoint either or telling Cornish she is wrong to love a diamond which has less usual proportions, just trying their best to advise her that the particular diamond might not be the best cut and arm her with as much useful information as possible so she can end up with a gorgeous rock she will love for a lifetime!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those are great points Lorelei- there''s no question many people get the advice they come here for.
If I can, I''d like to compliment you , as your posts always seem to allow for differing viewpoints. PS in general does a great job. But there are areas where improvement in consumer advice is possible.

I have seen it happen that some offer advice which is extremely rigid and may not always serve the poster whom is asking in the best possible way, because they are too reliant on extremely narrow guidelines or ''facts'' and cannot always see the big picture that a particular diamond might be actually quite suitable, even if it doesn''t quite match up to the usual standards seen here.
I believe that is exactly what is happening here in this thread.

Just as many people derive benefit from your posts, and others who are more familiar with the "PS guidelines", there are others that gain benefit from the alternative.
As an example, let''s look at Vespagirl, and MikeRato1 right here in this very thread- this type of reaction has been seen before when I''ve entered a conversation and gone out on a limb to express a different way of looking at it.
I know it''s an emotional issue for people- but as a professional, who has dedicated himself to honest representation, and fine made diamonds, I take exception when people dismiss what I''m saying by implying- or saying straight out, that I don''t care about cut quality. Nothing could be further from the truth. Call this "attacking" "knocking" or whatever- but it does not feel as though some of the people here welcome a different way of looking at things.

Cornish- I am dedicated to assisting you if you wish. I do not feel the table depth combo you''re looking at guarantees there''s anything wrong with the diamond- and your reaction to this diamond seems to indicate exactly the opposite. If you want to bounce anything off me, I''ll be watching the thread.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2009 4:00:49 PM
Those are great points Lorelei- there's no question many people get the advice they come here for.
If I can, I'd like to compliment you , as your posts always seem to allow for differing viewpoints. PS in general does a great job. But there are areas where improvement in consumer advice is possible.

I have seen it happen that some offer advice which is extremely rigid and may not always serve the poster whom is asking in the best possible way, because they are too reliant on extremely narrow guidelines or 'facts' and cannot always see the big picture that a particular diamond might be actually quite suitable, even if it doesn't quite match up to the usual standards seen here.
I believe that is exactly what is happening here in this thread.

Just as many people derive benefit from your posts, and others who are more familiar with the 'PS guidelines', there are others that gain benefit from the alternative.
As an example, let's look at Vespagirl, and MikeRato1 right here in this very thread- this type of reaction has been seen before when I've entered a conversation and gone out on a limb to express a different way of looking at it.
I know it's an emotional issue for people- but as a professional, who has dedicated himself to honest representation, and fine made diamonds, I take exception when people dismiss what I'm saying by implying- or saying straight out, that I don't care about cut quality. Nothing could be further from the truth. Call this 'attacking' 'knocking' or whatever- but it does not feel as though some of the people here welcome a different way of looking at things.

Cornish- I am dedicated to assisting you if you wish. I do not feel the table depth combo you're looking at guarantees there's anything wrong with the diamond- and your reaction to this diamond seems to indicate exactly the opposite. If you want to bounce anything off me, I'll be watching the thread.
David, thanks.

I just wanted to add that I truly believe Ellen is one of the most fair minded, knowledgeable and balanced posters here and my quoted statement above was a general one, that I was in no way alluding that she in particular in any way offers unsuitable advice based on any abovementioned narrow guidelines, she does and has always done a superb job of advising here and has gained the respect and admiration of many. The advice she gave in this thread is exactly the same as I would have offered.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
It seems that many people here get extremely upset when any opposing viewpoint is expressed. Kind of like intellectual intimidation. Express any different view, and you are liable to get attacked. Usualy only if they act like a jerk while doing so.... case in point you. This is not DT where vendors can push people around here , it is not tolerated so knock it off.

The OP agrees that the downside pointed out is the case, doesnt care still loves it.
That is kewl, as that is making an informed decision.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 8:17:19 PM

LOL! If you don''t want to threadjack, then don''t threadjack. It isn''t anyone else''s fault if you do.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 11:41:13 PM
Author: Imdanny

LOL! If you don't want to threadjack, then don't threadjack. It isn't anyone else's fault if you do.
Ellen is not threadjacking. David is overstepping his boundaries, on yet another thread, as a vendor. Vendors who participate in consumer threads generally make their comments and let the consumers move on with their conversations. Since David has returned, he has made a point of attempting to have the last word because of his belief that he is "right" and others are wrong. It has become quite tiresome.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 12:19:40 AM
Author: risingsun

LOL! If you don''t want to threadjack, then don''t threadjack. It isn''t anyone else''s fault if you do.
Ellen is not threadjacking. David is overstepping his boundaries, on yet another thread, as a vendor. Vendors who participate in consumer threads generally make their comments and let the consumers move on with their conversations. Since David has returned, he has made a point of attempting to have the last word because of his belief that he is ''right'' and others are wrong. It has become quite tiresome.
Spot on agree 100%. Ellen did not do any threadjacking. David is really pushing the boundaries on here.. I am tired of it as well.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Well, to CornishRex: I would love to see pictures!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Do you ignore people when they pointedly speak to you and your posts?

There was really no need for you to jump in here, you obviously don''t know what''s going on.

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Have respect for CornishRex and the rest of the forum and stay on topic.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/12/2009 12:42:56 AM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
Well, to CornishRex: I would love to see pictures!!
ditto- If you do end up getting it, please share some photos!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I looked at the diamond next to an H color, $35k diamond, amongst others and it definitly was not as brilliant or sparkly at that stone or some of the more expensive, deeper stones. However for me, it was sparkly enough.

Then you have your answer. You are choosing size over cut--not uncommon.
1.gif

As for what to do about price, I'd heed the advice of the poster who stated to speak with the vendor, because it may be snapped up by a lurker.

Just to note--Ditto Ellen, Lorelei, Neat, and Strm. I have a shallow oval with great spread, but it still has a 57% table. It looks great in direct sunlight, under a shady tree, jewelry store lighting, and fluorescent, but in candlelight or dim light, it leaks light which bugs me, but we can't always have it all with a fancy. Even well cut rbs go dark in direct sunlight.

As long as you know what you want, go for it, but if you get it in certain lighting and it starts to bug you, because it's leaking light or doesn't have as much fire as you'd like, you may change your mind. If you're going to go for it, I'd thoroughly examine it in a myriad of lighting conditions during the review period. You may be surprised at what you find.

Good luck and please come back with pics!

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Good post, Coati.

Not everyone is into ''fireworks'' or optimal optics. That''s why different cuts were created.

Every diamond has it''s personality and this aspect of diamonds is impossible to measure. "Love at first sight'' do happen while diamond-hunting. I have looked at many gorgeous cushions incl. those shown in GoG. Eventually one much smaller and less sparkly won me over. Looking at it just warms my heart, more so than any others. How do you explain that?

Anyway, even the best cut diamond appears less sparkly under dim lighting. That''s just the way it is. Even diamonds need their beauty ''sleep''.
2.gif

CornishRex

Rough_Rock
Well, forum it has been an eventful couple of days. In the meantime I have seen around 25 diamonds white, light fancy, and yellow, cushion brilliant and cushion modified, sizes 2.6 to 4.5ct. Prices are ALL over the place. I think the diamond district is a lot of fun, especially when you can talk the talk. Tomorrow I am going back to see my original shallow stone and (heeding the advice of the forum) look at it in several different lighting scenes - especially outside. If i can snap any pictures I will!!
Thanks again!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great work!
I''m sure it must have shocked a lot of the salespeople when you knew things they did not.......
I imagine it must have been quite an interesting visit.
I''ll bet most of the places put on a full court press seeing a qualified buyer for a 3+ carat rock.....

I am eager to see the photos of the 3.22ct.

BTW -I''d never refer to it as a "shallow stone"- not that it''s not more shallow than the average well cut cushion- but I would look at it holistically.
If you do end up buying the diamond, and I had my way, you''d never be thinking that about what you lost, rather what you''d gained, and obtained.
When people ooh and ahh no need to ever mention the diamond''s depth.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 6:14:35 PM
Well, forum it has been an eventful couple of days. In the meantime I have seen around 25 diamonds white, light fancy, and yellow, cushion brilliant and cushion modified, sizes 2.6 to 4.5ct. Prices are ALL over the place. I think the diamond district is a lot of fun, especially when you can talk the talk. Tomorrow I am going back to see my original shallow stone and (heeding the advice of the forum) look at it in several different lighting scenes - especially outside. If i can snap any pictures I will!!
Thanks again!
That''s great!! Can''t wait to hear your thoughts after comparing to so many!!

Did you decide what to do about the price issue?? I would just be up front with the vendor and show them the price you saw and ask them why they cannot offer the same price. Seems the honest approach, no?

CornishRex

Rough_Rock
Hello forum!
Well I went back and saw the stone again - I went outside, I looked at in the dark, I saw it in three different types of lighting, and I love it! its so huge and sparkly. I love the cut. The dealer was also willing to come down on price so I was very happy with where I ended up. So now the stone will go to my setting designer. Should I have the stone appraised now or the entire ring appraised when I am done?
Can''t wait to send pictures.

BY the way I saw many dealers in the diamond district, I recomend
Louis Tavis & Sons
Big Apple
Runsdorf Incorporated

Roman Malakov had some GORGEOUS stones at very good prices but was too pushy for my taste

CornishRex

Rough_Rock
Also I saw some gorgeous Fancy Light yellow cushion and radiant stones from diamond.net
I found an SI 1, 3 ct light fancy for $24k! It was gorgeous

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 5:15:43 PM
Hello forum!
Well I went back and saw the stone again - I went outside, I looked at in the dark, I saw it in three different types of lighting, and I love it! its so huge and sparkly. I love the cut. The dealer was also willing to come down on price so I was very happy with where I ended up. So now the stone will go to my setting designer. Should I have the stone appraised now or the entire ring appraised when I am done?
Yay!! It must be the one.
5.gif
Congrats!
36.gif

If you can afford it, I would have the loose stone appraised first, because when it''s set, it can''t truly be judged/looked at properly. Then have the whole ring appraised again.

Can''t wait to see this set!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 5:15:43 PM
Hello forum!

BY the way I saw many dealers in the diamond district, I recomend
Louis Tavis & Sons
Big Apple
Runsdorf Incorporated

Roman Malakov had some GORGEOUS stones at very good prices but was too pushy for my taste
Im really happy for you. My stone is sort of in your category also where the specs may not be good enough to get a free pass out of jail and go straight to home collect $200 etc..... but I cant state enough how my ring wows people over every day. And it is bright and sparkly..... and huge!!!

Im glad your story ended well and many of us at PS got another insite into how there are different tastes and agendas when it comes to diamonds. It was particularly interesting to me that you spent alot of time and looked at many stones to make your descision, which means you really did choose your rock with full knowledge of what you were doing.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats...

I have been reading this thread and happy to see that beauty won the numbers yet once again...
1.gif

of course you could have a gorgeous cushion cut at these (and even lower) depths...

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations - I''m so glad you found the stone that spoke to you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results