Which Style Halo Setting

• Halo with 2 small side stone

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • Halo with no side stone

Votes: 23 46.0%

• Total voters

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys for helping me decide on a single row pave halo setting. However when I looked through what some site have to offer, I ran over this one that I remember saw a pic. from here before and really liked. (I haven't tried it in person but I will)
So here is the two setting (one of them is last poll's winner!) And I need your help and honest vote!!!
Thank you!!!

Halo with 2 small side stone
haloschemgeek.jpg

Halo with no side stone
DSC_6203_0.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the sidestones - they're adorable!

But I do think they push the overall Look into "cute"-pretty, away from classically elegant-ly pretty, if that makes sense? Still pretty - depends on what Look you want!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the look with the two small sidestones, it's a halo and a three stone in 1!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1324341521|3084937 said:
Love the sidestones - they're adorable!

But I do think they push the overall Look into "cute"-pretty, away from classically elegant-ly pretty, if that makes sense? Still pretty - depends on what Look you want!

yes I do know what you mean and that makes total sense. I am looking for a forever setting so it is something to consider.
Boy the vote is 50% 50% right now

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it with the side stones. I think it is more unusual and interesting looking. And prettier!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sidestones make it different than the ordinary halo. Love the extra bling!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
What size is the center diamond again? I guess for me it's is 1 carat on under, I like the sidestones. Michael b makes a halo with sidestones similar to the one you posted and in person it was stunning. But, the larger the center I think I'd prefer just the halo.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo|1324347995|3085001 said:
What size is the center diamond again? I guess for me it's is 1 carat on under, I like the sidestones. Michael b makes a halo with sidestones similar to the one you posted and in person it was stunning. But, the larger the center I think I'd prefer just the halo.

that's a pic. I found on PS post so I don't know what the center stone is. My center stone is going to be 1ct

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the tree stone halo center... I tried on one similar from eternitydiamond and took picture,,, unfortunately I cropped a colored stone and accidentally saved over it...otherwise I would post for you :(( ...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your cute kitty and the general tone of your posts make me think you're "cutesy" as well, so my vote is for the 3 stone halo. I don't see as many of those around as I do solitaire halos. Also, what will ultimately affect the "cuteness" factor of the 3 stone halo is the size of the sidestones. I think that the bigger the sidestones, the less "cute" the setting will be.

Any way you slice it, I think that you won't lose with either settings! :love: :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
One carat center on what sized finger? It depends on the proportionality of the center to your finger. I like both of them. It's just a matter of which will look the best on you.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1324348807|3085014 said:
Your cute kitty and the general tone of your posts make me think you're "cutesy" as well, so my vote is for the 3 stone halo. I don't see as many of those around as I do solitaire halos. Also, what will ultimately affect the "cuteness" factor of the 3 stone halo is the size of the sidestones. I think that the bigger the sidestones, the less "cute" the setting will be.

Any way you slice it, I think that you won't lose with either settings! :love: :appl:

haha, you are right. I do still act alot younger than my age. Still get carded for buy lottery and I'm almost 30... but I do want this to be my forever setting. So do you think this will still be a good ring to wear when I'm like 50?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1324348861|3085015 said:
One carat center on what sized finger? It depends on the proportionality of the center to your finger. I like both of them. It's just a matter of which will look the best on you.

I guess my finger has grown from 5.25 to 5.5 :(( thought cold weather makes your finger go smaller not the other way around... :blackeye: :blackeye:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like both, but voted for the one without sidestones.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm thinking single halo no sidestones then. Just seems like a better fit for your finger size and stone weight.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I think I need to go to a store find something like this and try it on! Mission tomorrow.. yay for Christmas vacation! :bigsmile:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minmin001|1324349134|3085018 said:

haha, you are right. I do still act alot younger than my age. Still get carded for buy lottery and I'm almost 30... but I do want this to be my forever setting. So do you think this will still be a good ring to wear when I'm like 50?

I think that it will be gorgeous, even when you are 50 and passing as 35 years old. A good vendor will work with you on proportions of the 3 stones for your enviable small finger size.

You know, I was begging for 2 and 2.5 pointers for my halo b/c I have a 8.25 sized ring finger. The halo would already have a bezel on the center and a bezel on the outside which also adds size to the halo, and ERD's Chris was like - check it, girlfriend! (no, not really - this is paraphrasing, very liberally). He recommended and I listened that the halo melee would be around 1-1.5 pointers, b/c any bigger would dwarf my 6.6mm diamond. He's right. (grumble grumble) :saint:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1324350589|3085042 said:

I think that it will be gorgeous, even when you are 50 and passing as 35 years old. A good vendor will work with you on proportions of the 3 stones for your enviable small finger size.

You know, I was begging for 2 and 2.5 pointers for my halo b/c I have a 8.25 sized ring finger. The halo would already have a bezel on the center and a bezel on the outside which also adds size to the halo, and ERD's Chris was like - check it, girlfriend! (no, not really - this is paraphrasing, very liberally). He recommended and I listened that the halo melee would be around 1-1.5 pointers, b/c any bigger would dwarf my 6.6mm diamond. He's right. (grumble grumble) :saint:

Thank you, this is such a hard decision! I think your ring looks gorgeous! :bigsmile:
Most of the Chinese friends I asked online voted for the 3 stone one too...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is such a dilemma! Go for the stunning halo or go for the stunning halo? ARgh - so hard to chose! LOL!

My vote was for the 3 stone - because it gives you the best of 2 options (3 stone ring and halo ring). It is different - not a normal halo design.

Either would look amazing, but my preference would be the side stone option.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minmin001|1324350971|3085054 said:
Thank you, this is such a hard decision! I think your ring looks gorgeous! :bigsmile:

Thanks minmin! That is so sweet of you to say!

What do most of your friends have? One approach is to do the opposite if you want to stand out, i.e., if they all have solitaires or solitaire halos, then I would go 3 stone. if they all tend to go 3-stone, then I'd go single halo.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1324353552|3085103 said:
minmin001|1324350971|3085054 said:

Thanks minmin! That is so sweet of you to say!

What do most of your friends have? One approach is to do the opposite if you want to stand out, i.e., if they all have solitaires or solitaire halos, then I would go 3 stone. if they all tend to go 3-stone, then I'd go single halo.

Most of my gf here in U.S. have solitaire

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1324353129|3085097 said:
This is such a dilemma! Go for the stunning halo or go for the stunning halo? ARgh - so hard to chose! LOL!

My vote was for the 3 stone - because it gives you the best of 2 options (3 stone ring and halo ring). It is different - not a normal halo design.

Either would look amazing, but my preference would be the side stone option.

Yes, I agree. Most of the halo I see pretty much have the same look =)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one with the sidestones because it seems to differentiate it from just the plain halo that everyone has. Not that what everyone has is bad, it's just nice to see something different. Also: more finger coverage!

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
I vote for the 3 stone w/ halo because that is the ring I have. :love: The stone in the first picture you posted is .70 which is the same size of stone that the in-store Ritani setting will likely have when you go try it on. My finger size is 5.25.

While my stone is an oval, here is a pic so you can see size. The center stone is 1.21 ct. I bet your 1 ct. round would look GORGEOUS in this setting!!!

Ring1.JPG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the three stone, hands down and without a doubt!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Spesh2011|1324363097|3085192 said:
I vote for the 3 stone w/ halo because that is the ring I have. :love: The stone in the first picture you posted is .70 which is the same size of stone that the in-store Ritani setting will likely have when you go try it on. My finger size is 5.25.

While my stone is an oval, here is a pic so you can see size. The center stone is 1.21 ct. I bet your 1 ct. round would look GORGEOUS in this setting!!!

wow, thank you for the pic.! do you mind I ask what size are your side stones?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1324350589|3085042 said:

:lol: :lol:

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
You know ... I actually don't know! I *think* they are .10 or .12. I think if you wanted to change the size of them, that would have to be a custom item they do to the ring.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Spesh2011|1324399831|3085326 said:
You know ... I actually don't know! I *think* they are .10 or .12. I think if you wanted to change the size of them, that would have to be a custom item they do to the ring.

That make sense! Thank you =)

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
minmin001|1324339807|3084917 said:
Thank you guys for helping me decide on a single row pave halo setting. However when I looked through what some site have to offer, I ran over this one that I remember saw a pic. from here before and really liked. (I haven't tried it in person but I will)
So here is the two setting (one of them is last poll's winner!) And I need your help and honest vote!!!
Thank you!!!

Halo with 2 small side stone
haloschemgeek.jpg

Halo with no side stone
DSC_6203_0.jpg

I really like the 3 stone, it's unique compared to all of the halo settings that you usually see.

Would you get the Ritani or the Zora from Eternity Diamonds?

Ritani Bella Vita (where you photo is from): [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-my-ritani-bella-vita.120533/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-my-ritani-bella-vita.120533/[/URL]

http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/eng...d-studded-band-by-Eternity-(.40-ctw.)-257.htm

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results