shape
carat
color
clarity

2nd diamond- sizeand shape

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kmasciarelli

Rough_Rock
I am going to buy a second diamond which will be my last.Don''t intend on wearing it all the time because I work in healthcare but want another diamond for special occasions I have a small finger, 4 1/2. I am [email protected] carat round or oval. In your opinion which shape would look nicest?- Went to a jeweler who said that is big enough for my size finger. So far, have only seen the diamond not what it will look like on my finger and don''t want to feel it is too small later on. Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
That will look huge on your tiny finger!!!! Go with something smaller, like 1.5 ct. Unless, of course, you like people staring at your hand wondering how your finger is strong enough to carry such a big stone.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Wow, a 2.25 round would be wonderful! And if it gets too heavy for your hand, wear a sling.
9.gif
2.gif

Diamondlil

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I just went through the same thing. The hardest part of buying over the web was comparing sizes to know what would look best. I took the larger route (2.5c), and it ended up looking HUGE. It is set in a simple cathedral size 5 setting, and it looks much bigger now that it is set than when it was loose.

I love the stone and the ring. I have gotten used to the size
wink2.gif
and am very happy with it, but I know now that I could have gone with anything between 2 and 2.5 to achieve the look we were looking for. (The original stone was 1.25, so my better half wanted a visible increase from there, and was determined that this be "perfect" so that we never upgraded again.)

I had a hard time finding vendors who kept multiple loose stones in that size range to do a comparison. I ended up relying on the dimensions. I guess my only advise is in this size range, you don't have to keep edging up to the larger ones. They all will look BIG on your hand.

Have fun and good luck!
wavey.gif

kmasciarelli

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much. I currently have a 1.02 and it is the same situation as yours. Wanted big enough so as to not buy again but can't see many that size in jewelry store and if I buy over internet I was not sure how it will look. 2.25 sounds good then. Where did you buy yours? What quality?Thanks again

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I bought mine through USA Certed Diamonds. They had the diamond shipped to a local independent appraiser for his and our review so that we could see it in person before committing and paying. (I got several good references on the appraiser.) He then arranged to have a local jeweler who he trusts set it in my setting.

I would have liked to have had a couple of stones shipped to compare -- especially for the size question since the others I had narrowed in on were a little smaller. The shipping and timing made that difficult, so we finally decided that they were all very good stones, and we were probably splitting hairs. I'm super happy with how it all turned out, but in hindsight the smaller stones (2.25 - 2.35) would have been great also.

USA Certed Diamonds turned out to be very easy to deal with. In hindsight, I might have had it shipped to one of the appraisers on this board who do the full work ups, mostly because that would have been fun to have done after getting all educated about it. THe tradeoff was getting to see it in person before committing to it.

Good luck, and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions!
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results