shape
carat
color
clarity

2nd Bridal Shop, Lots of Contenders!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
sarita: even though the pictures are a little out of focus, i think that this dress is beautiful. it is perfectly suited for the style wedding, carefree beach look you''re going for. i love it! and i think it''s extremely flattering on you.

You should try having someone else take the pics.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, sarita! From what I can tell, this dress looks fabulous on you! I like the ruffles & it looks like it fits you perfectly! It''s so lovely & romantic--I think I like it even better on you than on the model!
36.gif
And how wonderful that you won''t have to worry about a bra with this dress. (I love that I don''t have to deal with one with my dress either!)

Are you excited?
2.gif

regalada

Shiny_Rock
The dress looks gorgeous on you!
36.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you albicocca, lovelylulu, BrightSpot, and regalada. I''m so glad you guys like it and think it looks nice on me.

BrightSpot - Yes, I am excited!... but.... part of me is actually a little let-down that I found the dress so early. Trying on gowns is really fun, and I might still go to David''s again today to try on some different styles just to see. But this one is right up my alley and looks a lot like the 2bebride gown in the mag spread that looked so perfect.

albicocca - are these better?
1.gif

SeanFrontDay.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
blurry but to show the flirty sleeve

SeanSleeveDown.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
it was pretty hard to show the train/back view without assistance but you can get the idea

SeanTrainPeek.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Sarita,
You look GORGEOUS in that dress! What a perfect choice!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
This is the perfect dress for your wedding. Very pretty.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great on you! I love the ruffles too.
I have a small concern though - I can see through it.
In all the pics you posted I can see your undies and your bustier bra.
Maybe a slip would help this? A new liner?

Scintillating...

Faerievert

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 1:27:50 AM
Author: Scintillating
It looks great on you! I love the ruffles too.

I have a small concern though - I can see through it.

In all the pics you posted I can see your undies and your bustier bra.

Maybe a slip would help this? A new liner?

OMG - you''re totally right! I hadn''t even noticed when I saw these before, but now that you mention it...
you may have to use flesh toned undergarments - and seriously look into a slip- maybe one could be sewn into the dress as an extra lining layer?

sarita

Brilliant_Rock

6.gif
Eeep! You ladies are right.....
38.gif
sorry for the show. The funny thing is, I wasn''t even wearing a bra. The dress has a built-in bra kind of thing and I think the lining is just thicker there. But for the bottom I will definitely need a slip, bah. I didn''t want to add more layers because of the weather/heat factor but it is pretty light now so I guess the extra will not hurt.

On the plus side, my mom was over for Easter yesterday and she loved the dress, too. I would have shown future-MIL who was also there but she was being all weird and discouraging about the wedding aka "Isn''t it a bit early to get the dress?" (no), giving my FI a look like this was some horrible idea and asking him earlier in the day if the decision to marry next year was mutual. Uh, hello, he''s the one that wanted to start planning right after the engagement. She usually doesn''t do this in front of me, but was pretty obvious yesterday saying it to my FI but loud enough that I could hear - she wants him to get his Phd first and thinks if we get married I''ll get pregnant right away and ruin his future - we have been living together for 2 years already and no baby so far
20.gif
) so I didn''t even bother to show her....

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Sarita- I just saw your dress on the "Show Me YOUR dress" thread, and OMG it is SOOOOOOO Gorgeous!!!! Just beautiful!
30.gif
I love everything about it, and I agree with BrightSpot that you look better in it than the model! Congratulations on finding the perfect dress!
9.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Lizzie! I actually went out tonight to try on some more traditional style gowns at David''s Bridal just for fun with a friend and we both agreed this one was so much better on me - and more practical for my wedding, too, of course.

Your gown is very pretty too (as are you) - I am also very partial to Watters line. ;-)

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2006 11:14:26 PM
Author: sarita
Thank you Lizzie! I actually went out tonight to try on some more traditional style gowns at David''s Bridal just for fun with a friend and we both agreed this one was so much better on me - and more practical for my wedding, too, of course.

Your gown is very pretty too (as are you) - I am also very partial to Watters line. ;-)
Sarita, sometimes it helps to try on a few more dresses just to confirm that this one is "the one." (especially since the return policy on this one is so great--you''re not out anything if you find a dress you like better.) I too bought my dress earlier than I expected & was a bit disappointed to be finished dress shopping too.

I think you''d probably be ok wearing a full length slip with your gown. If you don''t want to bother with another unattached layer, you could probably have your seamstress add an additional lining to your gown. My seamstress totally reworked the skirt of my dress (removed 2 layers & added one lighter layer for opacity). It looks better now & is much lighter in weight. (I did have to ask several seamstresses before I found one who would do this alteration for me as it was pretty complicated.)

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Oops, I missed the new pictures the other day! These look incredible though!!!! It is soooo perfect on you!!!!! (or will be 100% once you get a lining!
3.gif
)

And I totally had the same feeling of being a little sad I found my dress so early (15 months before the wedding!
23.gif
) because I really was looking forward to going shopping with different friends and my mom etc, but I just KNEWWWWWW I had to get my dress (and I did go to several other stores that day and try on a ton more) so I went back a week or so later to snatch it up before it disappeared! Definitely better for peace of mind to get the exact one you want early, I think, than to keep it reserved in the back of your mind while you keep looking. But, since you didn''t like the David''s Bridal ones anyway, it sounds like you''re set!!!
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love you in your dress--fab choice!

cheers--Sharon

midorikiss

Rough_Rock
I think the third dress is the most flattering and the prettiest.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i was going through the thread thinking that none of those dresses really flattered your shape at all....but then i saw the one you chose and it looks great on you!!! so happy that you found the right dress for your body shape and it''s super cute with the little sleeve too. congrats!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies for your feedback. I am thinking I may look into getting a more opaque lining put in rather than wear slip underneath. I have plenty of time yet.

In other thoughts - anyone have any nice veil ideas or cool sites to direct me too? I''m gonna post Christine Baumgartner''s (Kevin Costner''s wife''s) - obviously my dream veil which would be too ornate for this dress but I just
30.gif
it.

I think I want something with light floral detail/embroidering etc to pick up the sequined flowers in the dress. I haven''t looked seriously for one yet, just browsed a bit online. I love the mantilla style, but again, too much for this dress I think.

ChristineVeil.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results