shape
carat
color
clarity

2nd Bridal Shop, Lots of Contenders!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I went to David's Bridal 1st about a month ago to try on dresses. We didn't get my gown, but found a dress for mom. Most of the bridal gowns were too formal (embellishment all over) for a destination wedding and most were strapless which is not my preferance. They did have a small section of more informal beach-appropriate gowns, but nothing was really special. The second, smaller boutique I went to on Saturday had several great options for me, and these are some I am considering. Just wanted to share and get some feedback. I love looking at everyone else's dresses on here!

I love that the bandeau halter is close to the one I saw at Watters.com and loved but I looked kind of pregnant/hippy in it (it was too big, and would be more form-fitting in my size, but still). But it has a great back detail unlike the other finalists.

The waterfall cascade one fit great and looked great on and was a white-white which I liked and thought looked best against my complexion. I thought it was kind of simple, but classic. Of the photos, I think I look best in this one.

The classic sheath halter was nice bust again very simple to me. I guess I was looking for more wow but I like how this one looked more wedding-y. I love the center embellishment, too.

The lace ivory halter had a shirred top and tiny little sequins that threw off lots of sparkles - always a plus! By the end, I think this was my #1. The lace was SO LIGHT and perfect for the beach and airy and delicate looking. It was clipped in the back (I'd need 1 size down) so maybe that's why the top looks funny to me in the pics (like the boob part looks too short to me - anyone see this?). I thought it looked nice on.

All were super comfortable and there were even a few more I was considering but these were the finalists here. In the pics I am thinking I like the cascade now but the back is so simple... I love the floaty ribbon on the back of the bandeau.

thanks for any feedback!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
sorry these will be one by one...

BandeauFull2.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock

BandeauFull.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock

BandeauBack.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Cascade... I think this one turned out the most photogenic

Cascade1.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock

Cascade2.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock

Cascade2View.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
here''s the next

SheathHalter2.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
this was also flattering on and I love the little beaded embellishment here

SheathHalterTopDetail.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
this one incorporated the same style as the previous gown, but I felt it was a little more unique

ShirredLaceFrontSMjpg.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock

ShirredLaceFull.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
look how pretty the detail is...

ShirredLaceDetail.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another I tried and we took pics of, but this is not my fav

CrisscrossTop1.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
we thought it was pretty too just not as nice as the others

CrisscrossTop2.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
and this is the last one... also looked nice on and my mom really loved it but it didn''t feel as bridal to me for some reason. It was ivory, too, and I liked the whiter versions best.

MomsFav3.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I liked the sheer top and the sleeves but this one felt kind of like a prom dress I had. Also the sequins were scratchy on the skin.

Ok, I think I am done for the night. I should be sleeping ''cause I have work at 8am but the time change threw me off! oh and maybe that nap I had earlier...

MomsFavTop.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh, I like the third one.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am not sure which one I like the best, but I do not like #1 I think it cuts you off in a weird way and makes you look stout, which you are not.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I actually really like the first one best and think it''s just the fit that''s throwing it off. I also love the third one with the embellishment. The fourth one is very pretty but it''s a bit more formal.

You look lovely in them all, though!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I like the halter oen with the v-neck and the lace skirt.. SOO pretty!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
halter top with lace here!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m going to break away from the pack and say that I like #2 the best. It fits you well and looks to me like the perfect dress for a beachy wedding. While I really llike the top of the first one, it''s doing something weird to your lower half. Maybe if it fit better that would be my top choice but something about that second one really appeals to me!

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
i like the cascading one...it seems to be the most flattering to your body. good luck!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I like the cascading one the best as well. I think it fits you beautifully & looks perfect for a beach wedding. Imagine how the light chiffon would look blowing in the breeze... :)

If you''re not sold on these dresses, you might want to check out Dessy''s new collection of destination wedding dresses. They have some very pretty dresses which would look great on the beach.
10.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I actually like the last one you posted the best, I love the top, but it''s not for you if you don''t feel comfortable in it.

This may be just me, but it doesn''t seem like your sold on ANY of these dresses~ in which case
I recommend that you KEEP ON LOOKING! There''s always the danger that you''ll settle for a dress that''s pretty darn good,
then you''ll find the dress that really speaks to your heart.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the one with the lace bottom the best!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
HI!

You have a lovely figure, so what about something a bit more fitted. (a bit more formal looking) The first few dresses looked very soft and casual, not like a wedding gown.

Blod

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i think that if the first dress fit properly, that would be my choice. i love the back!!!

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
The third one down looks breathtaking on you. That''s my favorite.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
halter with the lace!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results