shape
carat
color
clarity

2nd Bridal Shop, Lots of Contenders!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
#2 and #3 are my fav''s!

E B

Ideal_Rock
The second one, hands down...with the sort of "wave" going down the front. I think it fits you like a glove and really enhances your shape. It looks perfect on you!

I also like the halter top with the lace, but what is the line around your stomach? Is it a bustier, or the material at the top under the lace?

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 2:48:29 PM
Author: EBree
The second one, hands down...with the sort of ''wave'' going down the front. I think it fits you like a glove and really enhances your shape. It looks perfect on you!

I agree! I think the second one is PERFECT for you!

But I also agree with whoever said that maybe you''re still undecided because you don''t really LOVE any of these...so keep looking a bit more! (But keep that 2nd one in the back of your mind just in case...
31.gif
)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
The second one is by far the best IMO.
1.gif

I know that you said that the first one looked good in person, but in those pics, it really was not very flattering on you. I would just be concerned about how you look in your wedding pictures. That is why I would not purchase a dress that might look great in person but not in photos. Just my 2cents of course!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 4:47:14 PM
Author: Rascal49
The second one is by far the best IMO.
1.gif

I know that you said that the first one looked good in person, but in those pics, it really was not very flattering on you. I would just be concerned about how you look in your wedding pictures. That is why I would not purchase a dress that might look great in person but not in photos. Just my 2cents of course!
agreed- the second one looks amazing on you, and it''s perfect for a beach wedding, I think!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I third that opinion!!! ... The second one looks the best by FAR. I do like the first alot, but the way it hangs in the front from almost an empire waistline...doesn''t seem to look right, though I love the way it fits otherwise. I think the second looks the best of all.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 2:48:29 PM
Author: EBree
The second one, hands down...with the sort of ''wave'' going down the front. I think it fits you like a glove and really enhances your shape. It looks perfect on you!

I also like the halter top with the lace, but what is the line around your stomach? Is it a bustier, or the material at the top under the lace?
Yeah, it''s the bustier-type control bra underneath!

I definitely want to look around some more but this place had several I liked a lot, even a few more I did not post. The cascade ruffle one looks the best in the pics, and maybe the simpler halter next. But both of those don''t seem so unique to me and I feel like if I look around I could find very comparable styles. I have wide hips the bandeau one was 2 sizes too big and just sort of hung there with no contour to my shape which emphasized the hips even more. I wish it was a little more like the one at Watters Brides where it sort of shimmyed outward at the bottom w/ light ruffles vs the heavy draped effect. I think the lace one could be the one but I don''t want to find something I like better and be sorry I chose so early. That was 1 size too big so the halter part was hiked up high in the back and clipped just so I wouldn''t be exposed - it would be nice to see a more proper fit, but then I''d have to order (aka buy) the dress. Anyway, thanks to all for your feedback.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, back again. I went to a boutique today alone in a pinch that carries the entire Watters line. It was great! Since I was in a rush after work I forgot my camera but I think I will be getting a dress from there if only I could choose! I took some bad pics on my cell phone but I''m not sure where the adapter is right now. If I find it later, I''ll post them. Anyway, here were my 2 favs:

1) The orchid bandeau which I loved online and just thought was so appropriate

2) The lacy romantic closer to bridal looking gown (which I like!) with the sheer cap sleeves. I just felt like a princess in this... it reminded me of of being the "lady" in some old western. I just felt so graceful. The other lady trying on dresses in the boutique with me thought it looked older and liked the sexier #3 on me

3) I like white better for a wedding than ivory and thought it''d be better with my complexion but her ivory dress looked so pretty on her and we had similar complexions so I tried this one on and it was quite nice.

4) Looked nice on and I love the profile on the model but the fabric is stiff and therefore after alterations I would feel more binded (she pinned me and it looked great but I appreciate softer fabrics, and being comfortable)

I think I will have to go back with my mom or a friend and get some feedback. I have to say when I put #2 on I didn''t even want to try on #1 which was the one I was most looking forward to. But after I did, I liked that too. #2 just seems so perfect for the beach wedding and I think that is heavily affecting my judgment of it.

5) I''m also gonna post this other dress that Nordstom carries that I found on Brightspot''s dress thread. I would order it to try but they don''t have my size. It''s on eBay for even less but no returns.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock

7018BWat.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock

Do you guys like this one? I want to wear something others will think is pretty but I want to get what I want too.

BTW: This was the "heaviest" dress but the lace was very light - totally doable even for the beach.

7049B_2.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock

I have very little in the chest and it was just sunken there. Who knows what wonders I''d need in alteration...

6098B_2.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock

7008BWat.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Of the ones you posted of you in the dresses, I like the halter with lace most. The cascading ruffle fits your body best, but it looks like a dress you would wear on any sunny day.

Of the model pics you posted, I like #1 the most, but again it looks like an everyday dress to me.

I know you want an informal dress, but I think you should still find something that is special and wedding-ish. Just my opinion.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock

IvoryRuffles.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2006 6:29:07 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Of the ones you posted of you in the dresses, I like the halter with lace most. The cascading ruffle fits your body best, but it looks like a dress you would wear on any sunny day.

Of the model pics you posted, I like #1 the most, but again it looks like an everyday dress to me.

I know you want an informal dress, but I think you should still find something that is special and wedding-ish. Just my opinion.
No, qtekiki, you are absolutely right. I want informal only to the point that it fits the locale. It is a little sad that I won't get to wear that spectacular gown some lucky brides will. But I am not having a $20k + wedding with 100 guests so it just wouldn't fit. I do consider my wedding to be very special and it is what I would prefer but part of me longs for that special princess for a day experience that comes with a more traditional wedding. And trying on dress #2, I felt like a princess.

I want to preface my original post by saying that the cascading ruffles dress was the only dress my size. I wanted to get feedback and don't get me wrong, I really appreciate it, but I feel like people are only saying they prefer that dress for me because they think it's the only one I looked good in.
7.gif
(this is the vibe I got). The halter ones were pulled up very high and pinned because they were too large. I showed my FI the pics because I was feeling bummed thinking people really thought I looked bad in most of the ones I posted, and I really didn't think I did.... he didn't really like the lace one because he doesn't like old-fashioned or what he calls "grandma" styles (which that dress was so not, but that's how he sees it). I like the cascade one too, but as you said, qtiekiki, it just looks like any pretty white dress. I think it's too simple for one of the most special days of my life.

I think the Watters bandeau blows the other boutique's away and it felt lighter, airier (??), and I like how it fanned out at the bottom. In the pics I agree the one I posted is not so flattering, but I am not going for that tight, fitted look like most women seem to get either.

The halters I tried on today were also too big (all samples were size 10) so again the top looked funny but I wonder if even after alterations I'd still have that top-yanked-too-high-under-the-arms look. I remember reading one poster on here saying a halter was a hard style to carry and I think she's right.

Anyway, I am a dress size 4-6 but I do have wide hips. And a small chest. I am near proportional but the boobs are a smidge too small and the hips a bit too big. Gown-wise I have been a 4 smallest (at David's Bridal), 8 biggest, 6 overall... I'm 5'5' but look taller, I'm not sure if that helps anyone with their choices for me. I really appreciate the feedback and apologize if I am being ultra-sensitive....

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
oooooh, I really like #5. It''s beautiful. It''s more wedding-ish to me too.

I am about the same size as you but shorter (5''3") and most sample dresses are too big. You just don''t get to see how they look and feel in your size when the sample is oversized. Yeah they pin the dress up but it''s not the true fit of the dress. Totally feel your pain.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I think so too. My dream dress is this one, from 2bebride.com. I actually don''t really care for the back view (and that''s the only view they show) they have there but I saw this gown in the Feb/March issue of Brides in this island-wedding spread (perfect for me!) and the model had this awesome gypsy vibe with the hair and jewelry and the gown was so... perfect. It has light floral embroidering, tired ruffles, and flyaway sleeves. But they don''t have any retailers near me... that one I just posted is the closest I have seen to it.

2bebride2.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I like the Watter''s #2!! I love this cap sleeves and it''s not as plain as the other, but not too much for the beach.
30.gif
My 2nd choice would be #1.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sarita!

I really like #5. I got the impression from looking at the pictures that none of the dresses were the right size on you, so it''s really hard to tell which one would look the best. I remember seeing pictures from your engagement, and I have the impression that the dresses don''t fit you perfectly, so they don''t show off your figure to it''s fullest extent (you have a beautiful figure, so don''t feel bad
35.gif
...I mean the sample sizes in the dress shop aren''t your size..so doesn''t that say it all? ) Do you have a picture of yourself wearing the dress #5 in something close to your size? It might give us a better idea.

Hugs!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Allycat
13.gif
(I don''t know how to get the blushing smilie - can someone tell me how to get the full list?)

Anyway, I just ordered dress #5. Nordstrom didn''t have it in my size but I went to the vendor''s direct site and it had a link to another site that also offered returns so I ordered it there in my size. Yippe, I''m excited! Apparently that dress was modeled after the gown Charlize Theron wore to the 2004 Golden Globes. 5-8 business days.
5.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The dress you ordered is very lovely! Look forward to seeing pics of you in it.....

cheers--Sharon

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yayyyy the one I liked best is the one you ended up ordering!!! Can''t wait to see pics of you in it! It''s much more elegant and bridal than most of the simple ones, but still has a modern edge - I love it!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I''m so excited that you ordered #5!!
36.gif
Of all the pictures you posted, this one looks the most similar to the 2bebride dress you love. (and the back view on this one might be even prettier!) I think this dress would look very romantic for a beach wedding, especially if you wear flowers in your hair.
30.gif
Do post pics of you in the dress when it comes in!

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Yeah - that''s the one (of all you posted) that I liked the best!!!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I was thrilled to come home today and find #1 my FI had cleaned up our apartment (junk removed, trash out, laundry done, vacuumed, etc - it was long overdue) and #2 a package waiting for me from FedEx! I expected the dress to come Friday at the earliest, but probably by Mon/Tues with my luck.

I really like the dress. It seems a little less weddingy than the picture but I was not done up all pretty like the model. I would most likely put flowers in my hair too except wear it more or less as I have in the pics to follow (1/2 up 1/2 down but much nicer with a pro to do it - I can''t do hair!!). It''s a good fit (they just have S, M, etc, not dress sizes and the S matched my measurements pretty well). I don''t think you would get a dress like this altered as it is meant to be fitted but not tight and a huge plus is it has a built-in bra sort of thing (at least for a small-chested lady like myself) so I will be taking full advantage of that.
31.gif

I stiill want to try on some more dress styles but I think this could be a real candidate... I
30.gif
the ruffles.

what do you guys think? (sorry the pics are so blurry. I couldn''t ask FI for help.
5.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock

SeanDressFront.jpg

sarita

Brilliant_Rock

SeanFront2.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
how come you don''t look HAPPY in any of the pics?!!
6.gif

You should look happy... at least, if it''s a dress you like!
2.gif

I like the second one the best out of the ones you posted though...

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2006 3:01:56 AM
Author: flopkins
how come you don't look HAPPY in any of the pics?!!
6.gif

You should look happy... at least, if it's a dress you like!
2.gif

I like the second one the best out of the ones you posted though...
That's what my mom was saying when she took the pics... I didn't want the pics to turn out with me looking doofy so I purposely didn't smile but I wasn't trying to look unhappy either, just more serious. Didn't realize the effect until seeing the pics, oh well.
5.gif

ETA: Whoa the pics I posted last night are TERRIBLE! I was replying at work and they look even worse on here than they did at home!
14.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Hehe they are a bit blurry and you don''t look happy.....

but....

I think the dress looks incredible!!!!! It looks peeeeerfect on you, and I love the style and think it is definitely bridal enough!!!! I looooove it!!!!
30.gif

Now go take some less-blurry HAPPY pictures!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results