shape
carat
color
clarity

2ctw diamond earrings too big or too small on my ear?

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
They both look great! I would go for the 2 ctw if price is no issue. But just in case, how does the 3 ctw look on you? :lol:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your hair and nails, you look great! Get the 2ctw!

blingthing

Shiny_Rock
Both look fabulous on you! As others have said either the 2ctw or split the difference between the 1 and 2 ctw. No wrong choices :)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
another vote for 2ct...

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the two ct

rustysunshine

Rough_Rock
I don't think the 2ctw studs are too big at all! I think they look great on you, and are a good size in proportion to your ear. BUT - listen to your heart, not to us :)

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
+1 for the 2 ctw! I really like that stone’s proportions on you!

Kasey Bug

Shiny_Rock
What’s the saying, go big or go home! At least the 2ct. I’m having a jeweler looking into 2.3 or 2.5 tw for me. I have small earlobes that don’t hang so I’m thinking the 2.5 tw might be too much but we’ll see. I like the 2ctw on you the best. They look classy.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Honestly I think both sizes look very pretty on you.

Which size should you buy? Well, that all depends on which one you'd wear the most. If you feel comfortable going about your daily business with the larger ones, then go for it. But if you think the smaller size is more appropriate for your lifestyle then you may get more wear out of the smaller size.

I wore 1 ctw (.5's each ear) for 20 years and think it is a very nice "all purpose" size for wearing at offices and in a professional setting, but also on the weekends running errands around town and even going to the gym. I could work out in them or go hiking and they were still super comfy.

But I also love a blingy look, and since I longer work in an office, I've upgraded a couple times and have what I consider fairly large diamond studs. I absolutely love them, BUT I wish I had kept my smaller studs in addition because sometimes those smaller studs are more appropriate for some settings. (Honestly I think every girl needs both a smaller and a larger pair of studs! I'm saving up to add 1 ctw studs back into my collection! Dang I wish I hadn't sold my original pair!)

So it really just depends on you and your comfort level, where you intend to wear your studs and what activities you plan on engaging in while wearing them.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 CT’s! They look fantastic!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2cttw gets my vote too.

DK =)2

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, please be honest about these studs. They are CZ but I'm in the market to buy a pair of 2ctw earrings (1ct each). Here are the 2ctw earrings.

These are 2ctw CZ studs... I will post the 1ctw (.50 ct) CZs next.

2 carat total is perfect size for you :)

TravelKat

Rough_Rock
The two carats look lovely and perfect for nearly every occasion.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock

Which size should you buy? Well, that all depends on which one you'd wear the most. If you feel comfortable going about your daily business with the larger ones, then go for it. But if you think the smaller size is more appropriate for your lifestyle then you may get more wear out of the smaller size.

I wore 1 ctw (.5's each ear) for 20 years and think it is a very nice "all purpose" size for wearing at offices and in a professional setting, but also on the weekends running errands around town and even going to the gym. I could work out in them or go hiking and they were still super comfy.

But I also love a blingy look, and since I longer work in an office, I've upgraded a couple times and have what I consider fairly large diamond studs. I absolutely love them, BUT I wish I had kept my smaller studs in addition because sometimes those smaller studs are more appropriate for some settings. (Honestly I think every girl needs both a smaller and a larger pair of studs! I'm saving up to add 1 ctw studs back into my collection! Dang I wish I hadn't sold my original pair!)

So it really just depends on you and your comfort level, where you intend to wear your studs and what activities you plan on engaging in while wearing them.

Love this post! I totally agree! I'm not into super blingy jewelry but I do like a sizable diamond earring too

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
I love the 2 ctw the best
they look great on your ears

I do notice you appair to have more than one piercing ....any thoughts about what to pair the new studs with ?

I actually have 8 piercings total in my ears! LOL!! But I have since stopped wearing most of them now that I'm a mom but maybe I will dress up this ear (my right ear is the least decorated or as the kids say now "curated", most of my piercings are on my left ear)

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock

Yes! I upgraded to 2.3 ctw from 1.2 ctw and I wish I'd kept my 1.2 ctw!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually have 8 piercings total in my ears! LOL!! But I have since stopped wearing most of them now that I'm a mom but maybe I will dress up this ear (my right ear is the least decorated or as the kids say now "curated", most of my piercings are on my left ear)

Well then I think eventuality you need both sizes ! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Im always interested in how ladies with multible ear piercings manage fine jewlwey for them
As I have just 3 piercings in each lobe and im looking for ideas and inspiration

One thing i have found is i need to go bigger than 1 ctw !

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Well then I think eventuality you need both sizes ! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Im always interested in how ladies with multible ear piercings manage fine jewlwey for them
As I have just 3 piercings in each lobe and im looking for ideas and inspiration

One thing i have found is i need to go bigger than 1 ctw !

Maybe eventually I'll go with the 3ctw but that's as big as I'll go LOL!!

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
What is the next stone that faces up large like an RB? I'd probably get a 3ctw but from a different fancy cut. Suggestions? Asking for myself :D

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
What is the next stone that faces up large like an RB? I'd probably get a 3ctw but from a different fancy cut. Suggestions? Asking for myself :D

I have read that ovals, marquise, and pear shapes tend to face up larger compared to MRBs (whereas emerald, cushion, and asscher cuts face up smaller). This site has what I think is a good visual comparison of 1.25cts in various shapes: https://www.rockher.com/blog/diamonds/which-diamond-shape-looks-the-largest/
However, some people are bothered that non-MRBs lack perfect radial symmetry, so as studs they will almost always be slightly askew.

I also love this site: https://www.diamdb.com/ for comparing face up sizes. It's not totally perfect and it shows diamonds on a finger (vs on an ear) but you can punch in the mm measurements for any fancies you're considering and it will give you a decent ballpark comparison for face up size.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the 1ctw (.50) CZ studs
IMG_8009.JPG IMG_8011.JPG

Sorry I'm a little bloated from PMS :/ forgive the chins and neck LOL!!

Let me know what you think please!

Is less more? Is bigger better? Also I have a small ear in real life....

I love the 2ctw on your small ears! looks so fab!!! I might be biased, as my studs are 2ctw also...

MagpieMama

Rough_Rock
The 2 ctw are fabulous, but the 1 ctw are pretty too, and certainly don’t look too small.
I’m a little biased because 1 ctw is what I have been wearing nearly daily for 5+ yrs, and I’m still 100% happy with the size. Maybe because I often wear a .5 ct pendant and I like the balance of the 3 stones being the same size?
I agree with others who said that it comes down to what you will be comfortable wearing daily, and if you will regret not going bigger.
Also, what about splitting the difference and going for 1.5 ctw studs and some diamond jackets so you can have options?

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
I agree with the majority... the 2 ct. are beautiful on you. (I wear 1.5 ct. and that's the size I feel is perfect for me!) Congratulations and enjoy!!!

I'd absolutely go with the 2ctw if I were you. Fits beautifully on you. And this is coming from from someone who usually prefers to go smaller!

Tremsi

Rough_Rock
2 ct. looks great on you!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! So many responses :D Thank you so much everyone. I think I will be going w/ the 2ctw earrings :kiss2:

woo-hoo!! go 2 ctw! Yeah, and if you can get another pair, go bigger...:Up_to_something:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, of course the 2! I wear 1.5 ctw daily totally in love, they are deep and slightly cushiony OMCs. My earlobes are even smaller than yours though. Attached as well. I absolutely adore them but even when I got them, I already knew I will “upgrade”. I will definitely keep this pair though and do not find them too small at all. Plenty enough for everyday. But I think I will eventually get 2 ctw + as well.Definitely old cuts but . probably OECs

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results