carat
color
clarity

~2ct OMC earrings

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dear PSers,

After all my threads about the OMC earrings, finally here are the pics ::) Thanks for all your advice during the purchase process!

I got an EGL (USA) report for them, here are the stats (they were not removed from settings, so carat weight is estimated at 1ct):

Measurements - 6.40 x 6.30 x 4.59 and 6.30 x 6.20 x 4.59
Cutlets - Large
Girdles - Very thin to thin
Fluoro - None

Clarity SI2
Color G-H

I'm absolutely in love with them. I probably won't wear another pair of earrings for at least a year :cheeky:

They are not the cleanest in some of the pics, sorry about that, I was trying to catch the light before the sun went down.

For the ear shot, I decided to go for a whole head shot -- to show the proportions and stuff. SO did not mind being included in the pic ;)) That's us in Brighton Beach, New York, celebrating the purchase :bigsmile:

Cheers all!

- Anya

IMG_3543.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
more pics...

5.JPG

6.jpg

7.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
last batch of pics...

8.jpg

9.jpg

smiley.JPG

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous! :love: I love the chunkiness of the faceting and large culets. Yummmmm. Enjoy! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yippee - they are yours and you are happy and they look WONDERFUL in your ears!! I'm glad that it all worked out so well for you.
(You guys look so sweet together :bigsmile: )

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those are my dream earrings, and they look amazing on you!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and look perfect on you :love:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I love those "chunky monkey" facets. Gorgeous!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - they're gorgeous! Congrats! I love the settings - they have a modern edge with darker color on them I'm not seeing things, the bezel is darker, right?)!

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
The earrings are gorgeous!

My grandparents were from Brighton Beach. I believe they lived on Brighton East 14th Street (if my memory serves me correctly). :)

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
These made me want to go to jewelry shows...of course they would have to donate them to me at this point :wink2:
I love them! The real life pic is great. They are big, but look perf for everyday wear. :appl:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks everyone!

armywife: Thanks. I love the chunkiness too.

Enerchi: thank you! And for all your help in all my threads. A post from you already feels like a friend is checking in :)

Athenaworth: I like your tastes ;-) They are a dream come true for me, even though until I saw them, I never imagined I'd have a carat of diamond per ear. But everything -- the shape, the cut, the size, the setting -- it all fell perfectly into place. Fate, I call it :D

bright ice: thanks!

SparklyOEC: thank you!

webdiva: the "bezels" (the stones are actually held in by prongs, they just sit on top of a fake bezel) are actually silver. I think this is the "white" metal that was used with diamonds back in the olden days. Now the silver acquired a patina, so it looks dark. I like it!

Meezermom: Thanks! So cool that were grandparents are from Brighton Beach. I'm guessing they're American and lived there before the area became "Little Odessa"?

vinjewels: Thank you. I agree about the size... something about the simple setting makes them so utterly wearable, and yet so very noticeable (though I say so myself :bigsmile: ) I'm not taking them off except to clean!

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
They're gorgeous... and finally yours! :appl:

I agree, they look perfect for everyday wear.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lotus: thanks! I posted some more pics of the settings in the Antique & Vintage section, still trying to figure out how they came together. Regrettably, I can find no markings anywhere on the metal.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE those. LOVE!!!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Traveling Gal :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks marcy!

Man, it's so hard to keep these in my ears. I wanna look at them! I hung them up to admire while sitting at the comp, and saw (for the first time in my life) the cutlet actually reflecting light. The camera was right next to me, so voila!

IMG_3670.jpg

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Those are so beautiful. The downside of earrings (and necklaces) is that you can't see the bling yourself until you look in the mirror. I can understand why you take them off to look at them.

liz

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They are fantastic! Yay! Love them! They are the perfect size and absolutely gorgeous!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
So - when you woke up this morning, did you run to the mirror just to admire them one more time???? ;)) Not like that's something *I'd* ever do... :lol:

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
You look great with it~!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly stunning! They look great on you- wear in health and happiness!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love these!!! :love: I really do like the design!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, they're gorgeous!!! :love: When you first posted about the earrings, I didn't realize the stones were so large! They look fabulous on you!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful and what a beautiful couple!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks everyone!

LibbyLA: definitely true. But the upside of earrings (especially) is that people can't help noticing them when they look at you :bigsmile:

Yennyfire: thank you! When I recover financially from them, I plan to start saving up for a beautiful vintage oval like yours. It will be quite a quest, I'm sure!

Enerchi: Every time I pass a reflective surface I'm on the lookout for a reflection of these babies! Also, I may have bought tickets to the opera... just to take the earrings into society ;)) They need to see some glamor after spending all that time locked away in the store!

mitsui: thank you!

missy: thanks!

diamondseeker: I love the design too. I don't think I could pull off this size in studs, but as they are it feels perfectly natural.

junebug: hehehe, I do love the size. I wonder if the stones may be a little over a carat each... I'll have to take them out and weigh them some day.

Skippy: thanks so much :))

And a couple more pics. After seeing the cutlet reflecting light yesterday, I decided I had to catch both cutlets in action at the same time. Mission accomplished! I love those cutlets, they are so cool.

Also, I think there's a new taker for the earrings -- my new (sweet, super cute, totally awesome) kitten!

Cheers!

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3690.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Decided to change my avatar to the earrings too. Cause I'm in love at the moment :praise:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
wow! need more ear shots!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Minmin: happy to oblige :bigsmile: I'll take some when I get home tonight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results