shape
carat
color
clarity

$25K Budget. Cartier wants to give me a 1.2 H VS2 for that!

alorable

Rough_Rock
Season's greeting! I'm looking for some guidance from the experienced eyes of PriceScope members.

Planning to look for a 1.7 G/H and VS1/2 from the vendors. I'm flexible up to $23K for the stone.

Below are actually diamond image, Ideal-scope, ASET, Heats. There are 4 ACA(AGS-0) and 1 Expert Selection (GIA-Ex).

Expert stone is $16k; ACA stones have the following prices $19K, $21K, $21K, $21K

Which one would you recommend/rank? Is the expert a good value for a G V2 or should I go all out with ACA and Gavin Signature?

Thanks!

thumbnail_34.jpg 3_193.jpg 2_259.jpg 1_490.jpg

thumbnail_33.jpg 3_191.jpg 2_258.jpg 1_489.jpg
thumbnail_32.jpg 3_190.jpg 2_257.jpg 1_488.jpg
thumbnail_31.jpg 3_189.jpg 2_256.jpg 1_487.jpg
thumbnail_30.jpg 3_188.jpg 2_255.jpg 1_486.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: $25K Budget. Cartier wants to give me a 1.2 H VS2 for th

Nice choices...its really hard to pick apart ACAs. They are all pre-vetted to meet high standards so you can almost pick one with
your eyes closed!

So 1-3 would be my favorite, 4 next then 5 (if I am really nit picky). These images are so blown up that in reality anyone of them
would be an excellent choice.

$16k for an ES G/VS2 sounds like a great value. You could pick two choices, call Whiteflash and have them talk you through them.
They will be honest with you how well the ES stands up to an ACA. That might help you make your decision a little easier.

alorable

Rough_Rock

Any concerns for the expert stone being only GIA-Excellent instead AGS? If it just barely missed the ACA, wouldn't it also be AGS-ideal?

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Number 2 is my favorite! It has the prettiest pattern, per my opinion. Number 1, 3, 4 have visible dark spots of inclusions. Number 5 exhibits not perfect symmetry.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

alorable

Rough_Rock

flyingpig|1482558729|4109310 said:
#5.

Although not available as of now, if I had 20k, I would pick a 2.0c H VS2 WF ES

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/1.70-platinum_select_round-SELECT-GIA-H-VS1-diamond-stock-15148-cert-
Those ACAs are nice. But I rather save 5k.

Would you buy #5 (1.67 G VS2 Expert 15800 wire price) or the stone you posted from GOG?

Also, if you were to buy ACA or Gavin Signature what's the lowest Color and Clarity that makes sense? Not quite to this extreme but I wouldn't be looking at a E S2 or L VVS2 stone because it's not balance. I guess my question for a G VS2 should I just stick with a near H&A (Expert Selection)? If I wanted a H&A(ACA/Gavin Signature) maybe I should increase quality in color (E/F) and clarity (VVS3/VS1) to justify getting the best cut?

Thanks and happy holidays

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Honestly i would pay for things I can see. I can visually see a difference in color, so I would put my money there but if I cannot see the inclusions I would not put my money there.

So, if I could afford a higher color diamond with an eye clean lower clarity stone, I would put my money there rather than getting high clarity just becuase the color is high.

As for a branded cut, truthfully there is a negligible difference in a very well cut XXX or AGS 000 and a branded cut. A different yes, but to many out there it's negligible. So, again it's a matter of putting your money where it will make the biggest impact. Do you want a branded cut or a larger diamond.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1482592932|4109375 said:
So, if I could afford a higher color diamond with an eye clean lower clarity stone, I would put my money there rather than getting high clarity just becuase the color is high.

As for a branded cut, truthfully there is a negligible difference in a very well cut XXX or AGS 000 and a branded cut. A different yes, but to many out there it's negligible. So, again it's a matter of putting your money where it will make the biggest impact. Do you want a branded cut or a larger diamond.

Do you want a branded cut or a larger diamond or a rarer diamond with high color and high clarity. Everyone
has ten a penny diamonds, that is why women want a larger diamond because it is more rare than a smaller diamond.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pyramid|1482593976|4109377 said:

Do you want a branded cut or a larger diamond or a rarer diamond with high color and high clarity. Everyone
has ten a penny diamonds, that is why women want a larger diamond because it is more rare than a smaller diamond.
OK then

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium

alorable|1482569028|4109328 said:
flyingpig|1482558729|4109310 said:
#5.

Although not available as of now, if I had 20k, I would pick a 2.0c H VS2 WF ES

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/1.70-platinum_select_round-SELECT-GIA-H-VS1-diamond-stock-15148-cert-
Those ACAs are nice. But I rather save 5k.

Would you buy #5 (1.67 G VS2 Expert 15800 wire price) or the stone you posted from GOG?

Also, if you were to buy ACA or Gavin Signature what's the lowest Color and Clarity that makes sense? Not quite to this extreme but I wouldn't be looking at a E S2 or L VVS2 stone because it's not balance. I guess my question for a G VS2 should I just stick with a near H&A (Expert Selection)? If I wanted a H&A(ACA/Gavin Signature) maybe I should increase quality in color (E/F) and clarity (VVS3/VS1) to justify getting the best cut?

Thanks and happy holidays

To be honest, none of these really wow me. I would be extremely selective when I spend 20k.
Again, when I spend 20k, I really want to get 2.0c H/VS2 (maybe SI1). 1.7c H/G for 20k+ does not do me any good.
Victor Canera option Niel suggested is good as well. It is almost 2.0c with 8.00mm+ diameter.

23k is a healthy budget. But if you look for a better value, there may be a better value if you wait a bit. Right before Christmas, many good stones are already sold, you don't have many options now.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkleLady|1482644238|4109481 said:
That is thousands more than his budget even without a setting

That VC stone is a hearts and arrows, and though the stock setting doesn't fit a 2ct, I'd suspect the price would be about the same, and since he offers a discount on the setting if you but the stone, all in all I would expect it be under 23k

Plus, 1.95 is basically 2ct without paying for the two ct bump. That's saving a lot of money at that size.

alorable

Rough_Rock

Honestly i would pay for things I can see. I can visually see a difference in color, so I would put my money there but if I cannot see the inclusions I would not put my money there.

Curve ball. Visited Tiffany and GF was happy with a 1.2. We tried on the 1.7 tiffany setting and she was overwhelmed by it's size. She wears a 4.25-4.5 ring. She said she would feel uncomfortable talking to patients about cancer and chemotheraphy with a 1.7-2 carat.

As a result. I redirected my search for a ideal cut slightly under 1.5 carat. Looks like prices drop down to $13-14k for 1.4ish G VS2.

What do y'all thinking about these images? How does these images compare/rank against the above diamonds? I'm still learning about the differences,

Thanks again for all the valuable input and advices from all the veterans and new members.

img_4230.jpg
img_4231.jpg
img_4232.jpg
img_4233.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

i dont want to say spend money jsut for the sake of spending money, but if she wants a smaller stone, i would bump the color up to colorless. as you have the budget and again, id put the money toward something you can see.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

i notice the discount would save more than the cost of the setting if you choose one of the platinum tiffany style solis

they also have a 1.5 ct e in budget too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results