shape
carat
color
clarity

20th Anniversary Project...Suggestions/Opinions Needed!

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
@ariel144: that ring is gigantic!! I and J definitely will give the ring the antique/vintage look that I like so much. The good thing is that Is and Js let me up the carat weight a bit! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A poorly cut cushion is likely to have issues such as being too deep and facing up small, having poor light return due to the cut, etc. I'd certainly rather see you sacrifice color over cut.

Basically with lower color you lose some brightness which makes cut even more important. Here is a picture with three diamonds, G, J, and I color. You can get an idea of what I mean by the J being a little less bright than the other two even though all are very well cut diamonds.

img_0211_2.jpg

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
marcy|1454465923|3985977 said:
Beautiful setting and exciting project. I can't wait to see the finished ring.

Thank you! I'm glad that I found something I like that is different. It'll be my first rose gold piece and my first cushion! I'll probably use the diamond trade-up program within five years. ;-)

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1454524130|3986332 said:
A poorly cut cushion is likely to have issues such as being too deep and facing up small, having poor light return due to the cut, etc. I'd certainly rather see you sacrifice color over cut.

Basically with lower color you lose some brightness which makes cut even more important. Here is a picture with three diamonds, G, J, and I color. You can get an idea of what I mean by the J being a little less bright than the other two even though all are very well cut diamonds.

I can definitely see the yellow in the J diamond. The I diamonds in the photo I posted looked right-on-spot. Honestly, I never would have even picked an I diamond had I not seen this ring.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Yes you MUST have an excellent cut in a lower color ...they will definitely look brighter than an higher color not so well cut stone.

The ASET on the one that Gypsy posted from ED was really nice.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am going to have to disagree with DS. I saw Mara's J next to and Kirsty Darling's H and there was NO difference in brightness at all. In fact I thought they were the same color, until Mara told me hers was a J.

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
A heartfelt Thank You to everyone for all of their suggestions, knowledge, and time! I've been under the weather and offline, but the rep at BGD is on the case in sourcing a diamond in my budget with a ratio that will work. I'll be sure to post pics here and in Show Me The Bling when the ring is on my hand...in the meantime, below is the stack I'm hoping to achieve:

I probably will do only one white gold diamond eternity band in the middle, 1.50-2.00 cts. The bottom band is 18k rose and white gold; it's from Kirk Kara's Dahlia line. :)

Attachments

• stack_11.tiff
    110.2 KB · Views: 403

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
For your consideration...One more....Thoughts?

Attachments

• cushion1.tiff
    72.1 KB · Views: 394

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That one says lab created. Is that what you're looking for?

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
ringo865|1455476956|3991054 said:
That one says lab created. Is that what you're looking for?
'

I was open to it until I realized that GIA doesn't grade cultured diamonds....I should have known that price was too good to be true! So, now I'm going to leave it to the experts at BGD to guide me. I've gotten so much good information over the past several weeks, but I'm still not concretely confident buying without professional input!

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
Excited!!! BGD has sourced a diamond for me that they should receive today. I'll get the pics and ASET soon...in the meantime, specs are below!

1.36ct
Color I
Clarity VS2
Excellent Polish
Very Good Symmetry
6.56 x 5.89 x 4.03 mm
No Flourescence
GIA certified

It looks good on paper, but we'll know for sure soon.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excited for you LD!! Yes, post photos when you get them! :dance: :naughty:

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
@diamondseeker2006 @JDDN @Gypsy @E_B @marcy @ariel144 @ringo865

Here are the images of the Cushion Modified Brilliant....The person at BGD whose working me thinks the diamond is great!

1.36ct
Color I
Clarity VS2
Excellent Polish
Very Good Symmetry
6.56 x 5.89 x 4.03 mm
No Flourescence
GIA certified

cushionmodifiedbrilliant-faceup.jpg

cushionmodifiedbrilliant-aset.jpg

cushionmodifiedbrilliant-idealscope.jpg

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
I doubt anyone is paying attention anymore (waiting for me to post pics in SMTB!), but I just confirmed the metal and ring size so that we can actually go into production. :)

I still haven't seen my side diamonds, but I'm hoping to get the pics this week!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry we missed that last picture. Hope it turns out to be exactly as you hope!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh. I think they just did not see your post. I'm sure they will be so excited. So happy for you!

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
LOL! No worries! I just figured everyone is tired of waiting (like me)....I'm ready to see some pics!!! But being on PriceScope is so dangerous. A good friend said "Don't let comparison ruin contentment." Good advice, but it's not stopping me from planning a center stone upgrade for next summer. :naughty:

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I'm excited as well....it's been a long time coming!

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
Finally! After the ETA has changed for the third :boohoo: time and a decline in communications, I have an expected ship date of May 11.

I've also probably driven my DH mad with all of the bands I've ordered, asked him to rate, and then returned...Such is research! Hours and hours and hours of browsing online has brought me across some interesting finds. I placed orders with only with Amcor Design, LOGR, and DanielCJewelry on Etsy, but notable mentions go out to Kirk Kara, Joseph Jewelry, OroSpot, Fay Cullen, and Rosado's Box. I finally settled on a 2ct eternity band in 14k WG from Amcor Design (at 25% off) and a beautiful, double-milgrain,18k two-tone (RG & WG) diamond band from DanielCJewelry.

I'll post everything on the SMTB thread as soon as it all comes in!

Now, if I could just make up my mind about whether or not I want a micro pave band to top off the stack.... :think:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh this is exciting! Can't wait to see your new bling!

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
Soooo, the ring is here and I keep trying it on every day! I'll create a new thread soon, but for now here's a glamour shot from BGD:

Not too far from the inspiration ring, huh? We're pretty happy with it!

Thank you all for your help!

legsdiamond3.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, can't wait to see more pics! Do post in show me the bling soon! I'd love to see the bands, too!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful.. love the rose gold.. it's defintely a WOW!!!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I've been following this thread from the beginning, and I have to say... I LOVE the cushion and round combo in RG! It's so feminine and classy! I'm super excited for you, and I can't wait to see your SMTB!! Congratulations -- gorgeous ring! :))

(and that Kirk Kara band is AMAZING - I look at it every time I go to my jeweler!) :halo: 8)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results