shape
carat
color
clarity

20th anniversary project: OEC, OMC, AVR, mind spinning

theriviera

Rough_Rock
Ok - I had this super long post and I lost it! Maybe it's for the best.

I would like to get a ring to for our 20th wedding anniversary. My e-ring is a 1.8 princess cut (used pricescope to help find the stone 22 years ago!) with a pave halo set in white gold. It's super delicate so I don't wear it as often as I would like. Started with emerald cut but given how hard it is to buy sight unseen I moved to round. Then I stumbled across the "vintage cuts" and the puffiness made me swoon :)

However, I definitely want to do a bezel and I'm wondering if I will still be able to see and appreciate the cut on an old mine stone. Also, they seem harder to buy - the easiest option is to find a goal 8x RB on frank darling and have it set in the milgrain bezel like @Jax172 :
Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 3.10.34 PM.png

My wishlist:
  • yellow gold + bezel
  • low profile and comfortable to wear
  • great finger coverage on my size 5.25 finger. Thinking around 10-11mm with the bezel,
  • wear as a RHR or e-ring
  • sparkle and fire
  • budget: 10k for stone and setting
I think I'm mainly feeling overwhelmed by trying to find an old mine cut stone that isn't crazy expensive which makes me just want to find a well cut RB. But there is just something about those stones that I keep coming back to.

What should I do? and any stone recommendations?

Other inspiration pics, many CVB:
40148F18-12D3-4CF2-882D-65DE4BD172C1.jpeg upload_2018-1-20_8-51-19.png 41946.jpg Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 3.17.55 PM.png not as toi et moi, just love the prongs +,bezel
Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 3.19.01 PM.png love the detail on the bezel Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 3.20.10 PM.png

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Well, here's a list to start for old cuts.
There are more sources, if they can't find you what you want in budget.
But start here, you'd be surprised what they can find.
Instagram:
There is also the lab route...
Antique cuts look fabulous in bezels, look around the forum and you'll find even more examples than you have already of lovely PSers rings!

theriviera

Rough_Rock
Well, here's a list to start for old cuts.
There are more sources, if they can't find you what you want in budget.
But start here, you'd be surprised what they can find.
Instagram:
There is also the lab route...
Antique cuts look fabulous in bezels, look around the forum and you'll find even more examples than you have already of lovely PSers rings!

thank you for these, can't wait to check it out. Does Old World Diamonds do lab? the website only has EM.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@theriviera I think the above vendors @ItsMainelyYou linked sell earth mined only. I could be wrong though. For lab OEC and OMC I would go to https://www.distinctivegem.com/# as he has amazing cuts. Alex Parks Lab on IG occasionally has them but you have to be quick.
Some PSers have had RB’s recut into transitionals with beautiful results from Southwest something… (not sure of exact vendor name), but others here can help with that.
I have a RB even though I also adore old cuts. They are just so hard to pick a good one and I’m picky. I went the easy route with an ideal RB. And I love a bezel!!! Yup!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
thank you for these, can't wait to check it out. Does Old World Diamonds do lab? the website only has EM.

Only Parks does also does lab that I know of the first list, there are other vendors for lab route if you decide. I'll make another list if you need it!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a lab OEC that I maybe would part with. Its Beautiful. Sourced by CVB_ID for her own project. I was lucky and came across a beautiful mined diamond around the same time.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Enjoy the search! It’s truly half the fun. Congratulations on your anniversary.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
If you share your budget I’m sure plenty of us would be happy to “shop” for you! Lol

theriviera

Rough_Rock
I have a lab OEC that I maybe would part with. Its Beautiful. Sourced by CVB_ID for her own project. I was lucky and came across a beautiful mined diamond around the same time.

would love to hear more about it!

theriviera

Rough_Rock
If you share your budget I’m sure plenty of us would be happy to “shop” for you! Lol

My wishlist:
  • yellow gold + bezel
  • low profile and comfortable to wear
  • great finger coverage on my size 5.25 finger. Thinking around 10-11mm with the bezel,
  • wear as a RHR or e-ring
  • sparkle and fire
  • budget: 10k for stone and setting

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
If you choose lab-I bet that this vendor would cut you one in the size you want.
There also the large drop shippers of James Allen, Blue Nile etc. You'll have to hunt through their inventories, but they're there.

For already constructed full rings there are many vendors, then it becomes a search and waiting game.

* if it were me, and because she has seriously great eye and even better taste, I would buy your stone from @HS4S_2.

theriviera

Rough_Rock
I reached out to Alex Park and he has two stones that could work - any thoughts?

Can't make the video work but this is a still from the video:
371385805_1003607097453632_4226094022968511578_n.jpg

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
*Came back to edit that I think I like both equally. I am no help. Lol.

I like the one on the right in the photo. It is hard to tell in the still. The one on the left may be more flowery? Can you upload the video with vimeo?

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oje
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the one on the right but I'm scared as I know so little about OECs! any advice?

The one on the right!

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Also vote the one on the right, or the stone @HS4S_2 offered because she picks amazing stones, and I think Alex always has very well cut stones.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the one on the right but I'm scared as I know so little about OECs! any advice?

Another vote for the one on the right!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Nice choice! Can't wait to see your ring ideas.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Love the one on the right as well!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Just came in to say it looks gorgeous!! Just reached out to Alex about an eternity band, and think I’m going to pull the trigger myself, his prices can’t be beat! If I love the quality I may commission him for an OMB stone!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So many people emailed me on my post. I responded to everyone.

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@theriviera hi! Is there a way I can get in touch with you? =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results