shape
carat
color
clarity

20K-25K What E-Ring would you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Jenna - I recognize that setting from tPF...it''s really pretty.

Good luck in your search!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Some great recommendations so far; but I''ll be odd man out and my vote goes to either: D, IF, Ideal, probably be around 1.25, OR D (E color max) Ideal VVS1, that might be around 1.50. Set a la LM , or MM.

cheers--Sharon

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Jenna is the 25k budget for the diamond only or for the whole ring? Some of the suggestions posted here are very good but they are very close to 25k just for the diamond. If you want simple solitaire setting then it''ll only cost a few hundred. but if you want something more fancy or w/ pave that is another few k. Please keep that in mind.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d do a 2 carat cushion (like T-Gals or Moremoremores) with Halfmoon sides in A Leon Mage platinum three stone setting.

I''d get the cushion from ERD and the halfmoons and setting both from Leon. I''d put aside 4-5K for the setting (depending the size of the side stones) and then I''d spend 20K on an GHI cushion eyeclean SI.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 5:28:32 PM
Author: Jenna51580gr

Date: 12/2/2007 1:28:33 PM
Author: risingsun

Date: 12/2/2007 1:12:19 PM
Author: ang3199

Date: 12/2/2007 1:09:19 PM
Author: Skippy123
I would buy this stone http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-418635.htm and have Leon Mege set it in a double claw solitare.

I second that.

Also, Jenna, I like the setting that you posted. It is so unique and eye catching!
I third that!! I would select the best cut possible, which you would get with an ACA, and look for an AGS graded diamond. Enjoy your new ring-in-the-making
1.gif

ETA: I fourth that!!
2.gif
Thank you for your post, so you think ACA is worth the premuim you pay for?
It truly depends what you are looking for. For me, the premium was definitely worth it. I was looking at Hearts On Fire diamonds and wanted something comparable in terms of beauty and performance. I got this with my ACA, which I had set in a HOF semi-mount. You have a wonderful budget for your ring and can choose something you will love. Some of us love the super-ideal cuts and others the OEC''s. We have cushion fans and Asscher lovers. Take plenty of time to learn about diamonds, before you make your decision
2.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2007 1:43:05 AM
Author: snlee

Date: 12/2/2007 1:09:19 PM
Author: Skippy123
I would buy this stone http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-418635.htm and have Leon Mege set it in a double claw solitare.
Great choice! I vote for a 2 carat ACA diamond set in a Leon Mege double claw solitaire. That would be absolutely stunning!
I ditto Skip..
emthup.gif
emthup.gif

And Thritto Snlee...
emthup.gif
emthup.gif
emthup.gif
...double claw LM all the way baybee!! No one claws a stone like the master! §

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 5:39:52 PM
Author: Addy
Are you still asking about us personally? If so, this stunning 3 stone OEC (old european cut) antique ring: http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1780
This ring is really nice. But I am leaning towards more of a Solatire. I actually do have an OEC diamond engagement ring, that was my Grandmother''s. I also have some other pieces from 1920''s and I think a few before that have been in my family. The rest of the antique jewerly I believe is from the 1950''s. I do however really like the antique Wedding Bands.

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 6:18:10 PM
Author: ang3199

Hi Jenna: I''m sure someone could custom that setting with a RB. I am in love with it. I saved it to my computer! Honestly though, whatever you choose, either that setting or a plain solitaire, it will be gorgeous and breath taking. But get what YOU love and what you could see yourself wearing in 50 years!
17.gif
I really do love that setting, and I was always more of a solatire kind of girl. I am not sure that I will love it for the next 50 years I was hoping to atleast upgrade to a 5ct or larger in that amount of time. But I will definately love the ring until I upgrade it.

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
I saw the setting posted by PTFer and I was like OMG I love
30.gif
30.gif
it, it actually moved me.

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
25K is the limit for the Ring. (Unless I tell my finance that I need limit increase for my dream ring, but I have already had one to get to 25K so I see that is unlikely in the near future) I do like Solatires so I don''t need side stones.

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results