shape
carat
color
clarity

20K-25K What E-Ring would you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
I have a 20 to 25 thousand budget to be an e-ring, I was wondering what other PSers would buy to give me some ideas.

If you''re looking for help selecting one we''ll need a little more info about what type of stone you want...shape, color, clarity, etc. One could have many options with a large budget such as yours.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Me, personally, I would buy a 10K ring and put the rest towards our mortgage. But that''s just what I would do.

What do you like? Shape, plain solitaire or fancy sidestones? Do you have any pictures of some rings your might like? Are you more interested in size or color/clarity?

Yay, this will be fun!!
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 11:39:52 AM
Author: ang3199
Me, personally, I would buy a 10K ring and put the rest towards our mortgage. But that''s just what I would do.

I wouldn''t...I''d spend every penny and then some on a ring! That''s why it''s a ring budget...it''s just for the ring!
2.gif

Please give us more details on what you''re looking for! I know if that was my budget, I''d definitely get a pave-riffic setting by Leon Mege. Your center stone and side stone preferences will help me narrow down exactly how I would spend your $!
9.gif

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Okay let me give you a little more info: I want atleast 2 carat Stone or very very close to 2 carat, eye clean when set (atleast S11), white color when set, not sure what color look like white when set so I am guessing (atleast I), I would like it set in White 18K palladium. The shapes I was considering was Round Brillant, Radiant, Square Hearts and Arrow, Princess of Hearts, X-Factor, Julibee, Cut Corner Square Brillant and the Cushette. Basically anything that''s square/retangle shape and round. I do not like the normaly Princess because of the corners.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
When I got my first ering many years ago the mistake I made was to sacrifice size for clarity [got a 1.56 carat I VVS1!!! RB]. The stone looked white to me but the fact that I had spent the money on a VVS1 always bugged me [You know, if you set the magnification high enough you can find inclusions in any stone!] All the money went to the stone and I have no regrets about that. You can always reset later.

So, I would put the entire $25k into the stone and go for a simple solitaire setting. If an I is OK, I would go I or J [the reason being that in the old style of grading the current GIA I and J were clumped together and called Top Crystal which is "slightly tinted white"]. If you want to stay in the "white" range then I would stay with H [Wesselton] or higher. As long as the stone is eye clean, I would be fine.

Another option I would consider [that I wish I had considered] is to get a fancy yellow diamond if that is your style.

I''ll go have a look around to see what I find for you.

Blu

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 12:58:29 PM
Author: Jenna51580gr
I was considering getting a plan simple thin pave band for solatire stone, or getting this setting which I love http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5052/dsc00368hm1.jpg, but I am not sure I could put a Round into that setting and it might be too overboard with a two carat center.

I don''t think a 2 carat RB would be overboard for that setting. Remember, these stones shrink at night when we are asleep!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

What you might want to consider is the total look you are going for and then you can decide the shape. If you want a more complex setting then that will impact your diamond budget. You can then figure out where to go from there.

I have always come from the perspective of: get the "best" stone for your money [whatever that means to you] and decide on a more oomplicated setting later when there is more money. Remember, you will also want to incorporate an appropriate wedding band it the ring is not "stand-alone".

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I just did a search on 2.5 carat+ H SI1 stones and I got pages of results. You may want to start there. I''d go for the GIA certs. When you find one that is a possibility I have found that the vendors here are great to work with. I would give them a call.

Also, if what you are looking for is not readily available, I have found that they will be very happy to help you find what you are looking for.

Blu

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 1:09:19 PM
Author: Skippy123
I would buy this stone http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-418635.htm and have Leon Mege set it in a double claw solitare.
I third Skippy''s diamond selection ... That diamond is beautiful, big and proportionally perfect!
3.gif

I also
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
your setting. I know that Michael Beaudry has a lot of stunning settings. You can check out his website and see if you see anything you like ... Click here

or

If you take a look at Pearlman''s Jeweler''s website, Click Here that are a lot of designers to look at and so many setting choices. I''m sure you will at least find something you are interested in, if not something you love!
30.gif
30.gif

I also believe, I may be wrong, that if you buy from Pearlman''s, you will get a Pricescope discount. I''m sure someone else will be able to confirm that.

Good luck! Please, please keep us updated!!
36.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 1:12:19 PM

I would buy this stone http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-418635.htm and have Leon Mege set it in a double claw solitare.

I second that.

Also, Jenna, I like the setting that you posted. It is so unique and eye catching!
I third that!! I would select the best cut possible, which you would get with an ACA, and look for an AGS graded diamond. Enjoy your new ring-in-the-making
1.gif

ETA: I fourth that!!
2.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Skippy''s selection looks like it would make a killer ring!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 1:29:26 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
Skippy''s selection looks like it would make a killer ring!
It would be amazing!!
30.gif
30.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I would buy the best OEC around 1.20 ct I could find and get Leon Mege to produce me a gorgeous setting for it.

That''s if I was going for a diamond.

Otherwise I would buy a top of the range 2.5ct tsavorite and put it in a shared prong split-shank.

(and buy some of those Leon diamond jackets with the change!)

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 12:59:40 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
OK, these are some interesting options [to me] if you want to go fancy color [Yes, I am entertaining myself by posting these. LOL!]. They have more but here are a few rings:
3.04 Fancy light yellow radiant
2.00 Fancy intense yellow cushion
2.53 oval fancy yellow but it is a VVS1

As far as loose stones go, here is one from the DBL site. There are tons if you plug in your specs into the ''price comparison'' link here on PS.
F VS2 Cushion
Thank you so much DiamanteBlu for replying to fast
36.gif
. I never thought about a colored diamond. I always thought that yellow diamonds start at around 30K per carat, I know silly
18.gif
me. Yellow diamonds are really pretty but just not me. If I could get a 2 carat Pink diamond in my price range that''s another story, I LOVE
30.gif
PINK. Maybe it will be an upgrade down the line. Right now I want to have a White Diamond. Have you purchased anything from Diamonds By Lauren DBL?
33.gif
There prices look really good?
31.gif

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Skippy thanks so much for your reply. This diamond is really pretty, but Maki (my fiance) says that I could only have 2 carat ring since we live in Greece and if I want more carats than it has to go into a pendant. So I decided that it will be 2 carat stone and I will wear it as a ring. Have you bought a diamond that is ACA A Cut Above Hearts and Arrow? Do you think Hearts and Arrow is worth the extra premuim?

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 1:25:49 PM
Author: Sparkalicious

I third Skippy''s diamond selection ... That diamond is beautiful, big and proportionally perfect!
3.gif

I also
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
your setting. I know that Michael Beaudry has a lot of stunning settings. You can check out his website and see if you see anything you like ... Click here

or

If you take a look at Pearlman''s Jeweler''s website, Click Here that are a lot of designers to look at and so many setting choices. I''m sure you will at least find something you are interested in, if not something you love!
30.gif
30.gif

I also believe, I may be wrong, that if you buy from Pearlman''s, you will get a Pricescope discount. I''m sure someone else will be able to confirm that.

Good luck! Please, please keep us updated!!
36.gif
Thank you for your posting I will definately will check out all these sites. Do you think I can put a RB in the setting that I like?

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 1:28:33 PM
Author: risingsun

I second that.

Also, Jenna, I like the setting that you posted. It is so unique and eye catching!
I third that!! I would select the best cut possible, which you would get with an ACA, and look for an AGS graded diamond. Enjoy your new ring-in-the-making
1.gif

ETA: I fourth that!!
2.gif
Thank you for your post, so you think ACA is worth the premuim you pay for?

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 1:48:09 PM
Author: Pandora II
I would buy the best OEC around 1.20 ct I could find and get Leon Mege to produce me a gorgeous setting for it.

That''s if I was going for a diamond.

Otherwise I would buy a top of the range 2.5ct tsavorite and put it in a shared prong split-shank.

(and buy some of those Leon diamond jackets with the change!)
Thank you Pandora for your post. However I do not know what OEC stands for. I just learned the other day a Tsavorite is a Green Garnet right?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 5:27:36 PM

Date: 12/2/2007 1:25:49 PM
Author: Sparkalicious

3.gif
Thank you for your posting I will definately will check out all these sites. Do you think I can put a RB in the setting that I like?
To answer your question ... I''m not sure. I''m not really good with stuff like that. I do, however, think that you could find or have made a very similar setting, just as stunning, to accomodate a round brilliant center stone

Also ... I found this beauty for you! Since you FI doesn''t want you to go over 2 carats ... this is 2.025 carats - basically 2
31.gif
and a Whiteflash A Cut Above Round Brilliant - I, VS2. It looks incredible.

I hope you like it ... WF 2.025 I VS2 It''s outstanding looking
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you still asking about us personally? If so, this stunning 3 stone OEC (old european cut) antique ring: http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1780

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
$24,270, based on wire pricing, for G VS1, over 2 carats, AGS0.

A few hundered dollars forthe ring to go with it of your choice.

Just another option.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 5:26:12 PM

I second that.

Thank Ang3199 for your post do you think in the Setting I like I could put a Round Diamond?

Hi Jenna: I''m sure someone could custom that setting with a RB. I am in love with it. I saved it to my computer! Honestly though, whatever you choose, either that setting or a plain solitaire, it will be gorgeous and breath taking. But get what YOU love and what you could see yourself wearing in 50 years!
17.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenna, here is a nice 2 carat H VS2. I have A Cut Above stones for my earrings, and I also have a hearts and arrows stone for my e-ring upgrade. It is the top of the line cut, but reasonably priced compared to other "brands" of similar diamonds.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-395283.htm

(Take 5% off for the wire/pricescope discount)

I do think the setting you like might be a bit much for a 2 ct. stone unless you live in a major city like NY or LA, etc.

Settings:

http://www.artofplatinum.com/

http://www.maytalhannah.com/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results