shape
carat
color
clarity

2015 Black Friday Loots

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So who got what?

I may be sitting this out so those who got something, pls post loads of pics so that I can live vicariously through you k? ::)

Purranha

Rough_Rock
I was most disappointed that they didn't include one-of-a-kind tahitians hand picked by Jeremy like they did in the last Connoisseur sale. Haven't seen anything I'm dying to get, so am waiting to see what they add to the 2nd batch.

Can't wait to see everyone's pics, too!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Purranha|1448608738|3954605 said:
I was most disappointed that they didn't include one-of-a-kind tahitians hand picked by Jeremy like they did in the last Connoisseur sale. Haven't seen anything I'm dying to get, so am waiting to see what they add to the 2nd batch.

Can't wait to see everyone's pics, too!

ditto!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Tritto! (Is that a word. I'm making it a word.)

Actually, since Hisano pre-Black-Fridayed me with the blue Vietnamese akoyas, and I just got The Swan, I wasn't tempted by anything.

OK, the Tahitian drop earrings on the gold huggies that they showed in the preview were tempting, but someone bought those the first minute the sale started and they saved me from myself.

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
I purchased the 39 inch 5.0-6.0 mm White Freshwater Pearl Necklace. It will be my first pearl necklace, and I'm so excited. I was considering between this and the larger, 36 inch 8.0-9.0 mm Freshwater Pearl Infinity Necklace. But the very high luster and silver-rose overtone drew me in. I'm not sure how I feel about the off round shape, but im hoping I wont mind when I see it in person.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Pencilcase! My first pearls were a long rope of 5-6 mm akoyas. I still wear them a lot. They are light on the back of my neck.

I recently upgraded to a 36 inch strand of 8 mm akoyas, and they are much heavier on the back of my neck than I thought they would be. 9mm would be even heavier. I think you'll enjoy your rope. And you can double it, too, and play with knotting it or twisting it up.

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
BWeaves-Thank You!

Yes, I also considered the weight, and went with the smaller pearls. Its also a few inches longer, so if I double, It will be a comfortable length. It's a sort of present to myself, as I wrap up my Bachelor's. I was thinking next Spring, for my birthday, I would buy a large gold pendant and wear it on the doubled up rope.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I won't get anything because I have a couple of pieces lined up already. However, there are many gorgeous pieces, the Tahitian torsade is to die for, they're all Kamoka pearls. The Edison strand was gorgeous. The other pieces I liked were the soufflé tin cup and the Edison rings. Also lots of Tahitian tin cups at a great price as well.
I'm going to look at the PurePearl sale now, and Kojima is having a sale soon.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Yes, Loving gems. Those were the pieces that caught my eye, too.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not getting anything this time, but I look forward to photos, too!

I loved that purple Edison strand -- I hope someone here gets it and we get to see photos.

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Tritto-ing with everyone (BWeaves - awesome term! :appl: ) here regarding the purple edison and kamoka torsade.
Someone bought the purple edison - I am really hoping to see IRL & neck shots!

Quick question - I only recently learned about the Harvest Strands, and there are a few available in the sale. I'm a bit tempted by it, but not sure how to "pick" these type of strands. Seems like most ladies on the forum to a certain extend "design" their own harvest strands. I would love to have some pointers on how do you select/design harvest strands? what are some of the main criteria? are these good prices for harvest strands? and which of the 3 strands makes a better harvest strands (or that you prefer most)?

Thanks so much in advance!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Purranha I don't have a harvest strand but from reading PS and other blogs a real harvest strand celebrates the diversity of pearls harvested on a pearl farm. Eg a harvest strand from Kamoka would have pearls solely harvested from their farm, be they circles, baroques, rounds, keshis etc. PP has great buying power so they are able to make harvest strands and the pearls in a strand could be from many different farms. I think if you do a search on PS you will find a few threads on harvest strands.
You have great aesthetics so I am looking forward to seeing your choice if you decided to get one (or several) harvest strands.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask to see a picture of the options (of the harvest strands) and then pick which one calls you the most. Each one will be slightly different in how it is designed, the colour of the pearls, and the ratio of small to large and light to dark.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
I got these tiny black akoya studs (4.7mm) from Pearllunar. A little treat to tide me over for now since I'm still on a restricted baby budget. I've been wanting some since I saw alice87's in the "show me your pearls" thread.

black_akoya_studs_4.jpg
(vendor photo)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Purranha|1448666591|3954785 said:
Quick question - I only recently learned about the Harvest Strands, and there are a few available in the sale. I'm a bit tempted by it, but not sure how to "pick" these type of strands. Seems like most ladies on the forum to a certain extend "design" their own harvest strands. I would love to have some pointers on how do you select/design harvest strands? what are some of the main criteria? are these good prices for harvest strands? and which of the 3 strands makes a better harvest strands (or that you prefer most)?

Thanks so much in advance!

Go with what catches your eye. Personally none of the ones currently offered does so if I am in the market for one I will customise. I think it depends on what you like but here's my 2 cents from mine and a few others that I like:
- Colours: would you like a variation in colour throughout the strand or a more consistent palette? An example I can think of is 4rg's strand that has a mix of summer colours at one end and winter in the other for her to switch around and play with. Mine is mostly peacock and whites with a big blue pearl accent and I've also seen a gorgeous one in pastel shades that is tdf.
- Shapes: personally this is a major thing for me. I hate it when I see some really ugly pearls in the strand. Imo each pearl should be pretty enough to stand on its own, or at least not be freaking ugly. It's an absolute no no for me when there are so many ugly pearls in the strand that it seems like the strand is just composed of rejects that cannot be matched into a strand or sold as a pendant, etc.
- Type of pearls: Do you want a true harvest strand that includes keshis?
- Size of pearls: Mine is 7-14 mm. I've seen sizes that are more uniform. Think this is personal and budget dependent. I like the variation in my strand but I think others may prefer more uniform ones.

The most important consideration for me is really that the harvest strand does not look like it is composed of leftovers or rejects, but is instead a carefully curated collection of pearls around a theme, be it the diversity in a harvest or a particular colour /palette, and have really interesting individual pearls that are fun to play with.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
I agree with IcyJade about the harvest strands. I'm not big into Tahitians, though. It would be neat to see a pastel colored harvest strand maybe from freshwater with some fireballs, baroques, rounds, and other stuff mixed in. Have you guys seen any of those?

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I like the idea of the harvest strands, but I have yet to see a strand for sale that I liked. There are always several pearls that just don't go (in my opinion) or are "freaking ugly" as mentioned in a previous post.

However, I have seen some photos from some of the ladies who post here, wearing harvest strands that are to die for. So, I think if you see one you like, buy it, or collect pearls for your own creation.

Personally, I find I always return pearls that are not shiny, have no orient, or have warts or pits. So a harvest strand for me would have to have amazing pearls, and not look like a bunch of unmatchables.

On a different note, I really liked the 2 leather necklaces with the Tahitian dangles in front, but both necklaces were gone before I even knew they were there.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
There are a few things I want, but my last 2 tahitian projects as well as another project I have lined up for myself have drained my pearl funds. so unless they add something I can't live without I may sit this one out

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I Love my harvest strand. Well its a harvest style faux harvest strand. I have wanted a Kamoka one for awhile but I wanted to make sure I liked the style of the harvest strand (and could wear it a lot) before I invested in a kamoka one.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I was tempted by the really long rope, too. But after trying some on, I've decided that it's more weight and fuss than I want around my neck.

Ckrickett, I think you have one of the prettiest harvest strands, even if it's faux harvest.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Purranha|1448666591|3954785 said:
Quick question - I only recently learned about the Harvest Strands, and there are a few available in the sale. I'm a bit tempted by it, but not sure how to "pick" these type of strands. Seems like most ladies on the forum to a certain extend "design" their own harvest strands. I would love to have some pointers on how do you select/design harvest strands?

Hi Purranha! Here is a photo of the harvest rope i made for myself. please ignore the excessive amount of glue, i've since cleaned it up :)

harvest.jpg

From my own experience making this rope I didn't like the random arrangements that i originally fell in love with so i played around with the pearls and found the best look is to arrange by colour which for me was going ombre. I think i have mixed grades of pearls in this rope (not quite certain since i don't know how to grade pearls) but I think that a harvest strand would look really good if the pearls are in same grade across the different categories (i.e. A/B grade no matter the colour or shape) so you don't have pearls that are dull next beside pearls that are really shiny. I think for me that would make a big difference.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Right, who bought the Kamoka torsade and the lavender Edisons? Fess up! We want neck shots, please. (So we can live vicariously.)

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Ladies - thank you all for sharing your tips & thoughts re: harvest strands, and you all have serious drool worthy strands!

Bailey - your ombre harvest strand is just stunning, I still go to your posting on the other forum and look at the pictures from time to time!

Haha BWeaves totally agree - I want to see neck shots too!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
BWeaves|1448842975|3955419 said:
Right, who bought the Kamoka torsade and the lavender Edisons? Fess up! We want neck shots, please. (So we can live vicariously.)

Me three. Neck shots and natural light pics pls!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I already posted this on the PP Vietnamese Blue Akoya thread, but here it is again.

My new 6-7 mm Vietnamese Blue Akoya rope.

img_0319.jpg

The photo came out too pink. The background is actually grey. Here's Hisano's original photo which shows the colors better. My necklace came from the bottom two strands.

VQN-9.jpg

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, BWeaves. Congratulations! Nobody minds more eye candy. 8)

Arialle

Rough_Rock
I didn't get any of the Black Friday products, but bought a Burmese ss loose pearl on Cyber Monday.
So eager to recevie the pearl~

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok, posting the glamour pics here since the links are down. I really hope these have stayed in the family.

image_190.jpg

image_191.jpg

image_189.jpg

image_193.jpg

If you got one of them and has been a silent reader on PS, pls lurk no more and share some eye candy with us k? ::)

Anyone bought stuff from Kojima or any other vendors?

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Hahaha! Those are the four pieces that I am curious about, too. It's nice to see the photos super big.

For a moment I thought that YOU had bought them all.

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
I received my pearls yesterday, a day ahead of schedule. I was nervous about the shape, but when I opened up the box, I couldn't stop smiling. They were just glowing. I cant seem to post up pictures :/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results