shape
carat
color
clarity

2015 Black Friday Loots

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit that I sat this one out, despite the beautiful pieces pictured above. I was really tempted by the multicolour Tahitian strands (the 9 - 11 mm ones), but I decided that I already have the oval strand from the Tahitian sale that is 10.9mm, so that size would probably look very similar. Plus, I booked a winter vacation during the Black Friday sales so there went my pearl money. I think it will be well spent though!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
If you check out the PP Vietnamese Pearl Sale thread, you'll see more info about my new rope.

img_0339.jpg

img_0327.jpg

Arialle

Rough_Rock
BWeaves|1449017529|3956215 said:
If you check out the PP Vietnamese Pearl Sale thread, you'll see more info about my new rope.

img_0339.jpg

img_0327.jpg

It looks great and elegant !!!
Does the Vietnamese blue have better luster or deeper color than the Japanese akoya blue?
Most of the blue pearls I've seen have lighter color~

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Some of the Vietnamese blue akoyas are much darker than the Japanese blue akoyas, but some are similar in color. You have to really look at the description of the pearls as to whether they say blue or dark blue or silver blue (the lighter color).

VQN-9.jpg

This is a photo from Pearl Paradise. The Japanese akoyas are on the top, and my strand of VERY blue Vietnamese akoyas are on the bottom. Mine are exceptionally dark blue. Most of the others Vietnamese strands are much lighter.

I've tried to color correct my previous photo to make it look more like what the pearls look like in real life. Japanese baroque 10 mm akoyas on the left. My new 6-7 mm Vietnamese strand in the middle. My 9 mm baroque Vietnamese blues on the right. I'm really not sure what kind of pearl The Swan at the top is, but it's definitely blue. My Vietnamese blues definitely have better orient and luster than my Japanese baroques, but you really have to judge per strand. I think the nacre is much thicker on the Vietnamese pearls. However, my Japanese necklace looks amazing on. It just glows. I love them all. And they match different outfits.

img_0319.jpg

Everything except The Swan is from Pearl Paradise.

Arialle

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the comparison pictures :)
Much that I love my PP blue Akoya necklace, I am so tempted to have a Vietnamese strand now~~~It is so beautiful~~!!

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
Aha-finally got the picture to work. My first pearl necklace :D

img_3948_-_copy.jpg

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, Pencilcase. Those are beautiful. Don't save them for just special occasions. I wear mine with jeans all the time. See previous photo, cough, cough!

Arialle: I contacted Pearl Paradise directly to ask them to put me on the waiting list for the deep blue Vietnamese akoyas. What they have on their website is very nice, and I have a different strand of deep blue Vietnamese akoyas from them previously which actually match these new ones, and I bought those off their website. But I find it helps to talk to them directly if you want something special.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
BWeaves|1448987554|3956010 said:
For a moment I thought that YOU had bought them all.

Hahaha. Pieces were going so fast I didn't even see some of them posted up for sale before they went into the 'sold' list.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
pencilcase|1449029066|3956285 said:
Aha-finally got the picture to work. My first pearl necklace :D

img_3948_-_copy.jpg

That's a lovely strand, pencilcase! Enjoy in good health.

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the sweet comments ^-^
Believe me, I wasted no time and wore them out everyday I went out. They inspired me to dress up a bit more- in the midst of the semester end rush too.

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The bracelet I order on black Friday arrived. From PP, it is a Tahitian baroque and akoya pearl tin cup. The center Tahitian pearl has a hand-carved top. The pearls are beautiful.

img_5873.jpg

img_5874.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I love that bracelet, such great design, the tiny pearl dangle is so darling!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I was so tempted by that Galatea Turquoise Tahitian Ring, almost. and that Keshi and Tahitian torsade is TDF!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I admit I couldn't resist making a small purchase! I've been curious about souffle pearls for awhile, so I was thrilled to see the pendant PP listed for Black Friday. I've already worn it out a few times and think the iridescent, shimmery colors look great with my cold weather knits. No pics of my own yet, but here's the PP listing:

_35486.jpg

_35487.jpg

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Another purchase arrived today from PP. It was described as "...different types of Tahitian pearls that one might collect in a Harvest! No two necklaces are exactly alike as they showcase Keshi, Baroque, Round, Drop and Provoked Baroque Tahitians in a variety of colors and overtones, and in sizes ranging from 4.0mm to 13.0mm. Finished at approximately 21-inches....".

Overall, I find it to be pretty grey and uniform in color. I thought it would have a bit more variety. In just the right light it looks very good...but most of the time it doesn't meet my expectations. I plan to send it back.

From this purchase I've learned I'm not a big fan of the look of the provoked baroque Tahitians. However, I don't mind the keshi pearls on the strand.

img_10023.jpg

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I ordered this during PP clearance sale directly after black Friday...so I thought I would post this here. A multicolor metallic freshwater keshi pearl bracelet:

img_10115.jpg

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bought this 22 inch Tahitian Keshi Pearl Necklace in exchange for the harvest strand I returned. Here are a few pictures of it:

img_10116.jpg

img_10117.jpg

img_10118.jpg

amti

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure I like the provoked pearl either but I have not seen them in person. They are interesting though. I do love keshi though. Both the freshwater keshi and the Tahitian keshi are gorgeous!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I got these using my DH's PayPal account and since we received them a few days before Christmas I considered them to be my Christmas present.

Great luster:
image_245.jpg

The deep line irked me tho:
image_247.jpg

But not visible on the ear so these are still keepers:
image_246.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results