shape
carat
color
clarity

2 piece wedding gown less ''bridal''

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... so I found another gown that I really like (from the pics)... but I''m having a totally MIND CLEAN issue with the 2 piece thing. What are your thoughts on the 2 piece ''gown'' thing?

I feel like it''s a BM thing... or a different event thing. And I JUST remembered... the only time I''ve bought 2 piece ''dress'' for a formal occasion I didn''t wear it and wore an older gown I owned then returned the 2 piece. Not because of the $$ either, just because I wasn''t comfortable with it. Weird huh?

What are your thoughts on this?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
My thoughts? I think that you''re "overthinking"!
3.gif

My back-up plan in case I couldn''t find or make a version of my dream dress ... was to wear either a cashmere twin set w/ a big silk shantung ball skirt ... OR ... like Sharon Stone did at ye olde Oscars a million years ago ... and tie a men''s shirt at the waist/big poofy skirt.

EXCEPT that over the weekend my FMIL asked about "the dress" and when I told her the "back up plan" she was like "Ummmm. I don''t think you wanna do that". TURNS OUT my fiance''s first wife dressed her BRIDESMAIDS in exactly that gettup, inspired by freakin'' Sharon Stone.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

So now, not only am I fuming & humiliated and without a back-up plan ... my Fiance & Best Friend both think I''m crazy for being upset about it.

So ... um ... Two-pieces: Used to like ''em. Used to wanna do it. Now I can''t. Back to you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2006 11:29:10 PM
Author: decodelighted
My thoughts? I think that you''re ''overthinking''!
3.gif

My back-up plan in case I couldn''t find or make a version of my dream dress ... was to wear either a cashmere twin set w/ a big silk shantung ball skirt ... OR ... like Sharon Stone did at ye olde Oscars a million years ago ... and tie a men''s shirt at the waist/big poofy skirt.

EXCEPT that over the weekend my FMIL asked about ''the dress'' and when I told her the ''back up plan'' she was like ''Ummmm. I don''t think you wanna do that''. TURNS OUT my fiance''s first wife dressed her BRIDESMAIDS in exactly that gettup, inspired by freakin'' Sharon Stone.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

So now, not only am I fuming & humiliated and without a back-up plan ... my Fiance & Best Friend both think I''m crazy for being upset about it.

So ... um ... Two-pieces: Used to like ''em. Used to wanna do it. Now I can''t. Back to you.

Um. Hmm. Okay, I can see why that would be infuriating.

Deco, let''s work on a back up plan together for you, how is that?

First, why do you need one? You have lovely taste (look at your ring!) and there are a BILLION gowns out there for every budget, style and size.

What are you looking for? This is a 100% serious offer. Let''s find a gown for you.

Tell me about your wedding, your budget for it, and the look you want, and why you think this is going to be so hard, okay? I''m really good at this stuff, I promise.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2006 11:35:13 PM
Author: Gypsy
What are you looking for? This is a 100% serious offer. Let''s find a gown for you.
Tell me about your wedding, your budget for it, and the look you want, and why you think this is going to be so hard, okay? I''m really good at this stuff, I promise.
Sorry Gypsy! I didn''t mean to hijack. Your post hit too close to home given the weekend''s, um, revelation.

Thanks for the offer! I don''t actually have the will to try & solve the problem right now - even with a super-skilled shopping buddy. But maybe when I''m less peeved & more energetic I''ll start a fresh thread. Title: 4K dress for $400???... HA! --or-- Big Gal, Small Budget ... Discuss!

p.s. -- In case you''re curious: The thread about my October Barn Wedding is here. ... and my ode to the Carolina Herrera "dream dress" is here.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

I honestly wouldn't think twice about it being a two piece gown. I drooled over one for about a month, actually, just like the Occasions gown (though the top wasn't strapless). If it bothers you so much, you could have them attached, but I think that'd be wasted money. The Jim Hjelm is gorgeous, and unless you're planning on doing jumping jacks at your wedding, I doubt anyone will notice.

ETA: Deco, have you already forgotten about this fabulous dress? Just an option!

Siri Vivian Leigh

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
I would NOT worry about the fact that it is a two piece... Worry about how it looks on!! It''s not more or less "bridal" IMO. So find that dress and try it on, and post pics if you can!! Good luck!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy- if the two piece looks fabulous on you, go for it!

The dress I''m having made is two pieces. Strapless corset bodice, A-line skirt. Actually 3 pieces including the detachable train.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

If a two piece is what you''ve fallen in love with, then you should wear it. But if you can''t see yourself becoming comfortable with it, then it''s time to find another favorite dress. You should feel your best and wear whatever dress it is that is conducive to creating that feeling. Good luck! And remember you''ll be beautiful no matter what because you''ll just be so happy that day to be marrying the man you love!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. So... really it''s just a matter of personal comfort... and I have a couple of months to think about it... and see where my head is with it. I want to feel like a.... well, like royalty. So... gonna have to see what the feeling the 2 piece gives me is.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here is moremoremore''s two piece dress

here''s how she describes it:

a two piece with a slim a-line skirt with almost no train. It was by my fashion goddess Carolina Herrera- I loved it.

mygown.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif
Ahhh... someone''s got me pegged! Tell me Carolina Herrara does it... and I''m suddenly more comfortable...lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results