shape
carat
color
clarity

2 new fancy colored diamonds, blue & green

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys, I'll get more pics as soon as I can.

Chrono, it's not that the culet is noticeably off-center; it is polished at an angle.
I louped the culet surface and it is not the skin of the rough though it may have been polished at an angle that follows the skin to leave as much weight as possible.

BTW, look closely on the girdle.
There are 9 little oval shapes that remind me of the bumps on a strawberry.
Does anyone know what those are?
Could they be the result of something GIA does when analyzing the origin of the green color?

Do you guys know of anything during the polishing process that would result in these marks?

I can't image those were on the skin of the rough.
Very mysterious.

culetangle.png

dots.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have heard for colourless diamonds that sometimes the polish cannot be done properly due to the material (not sure of the true cause) so I wonder if that could be same for yours. Glad to hear it’s not the culet being off-centered as I could not see it.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: Amazing stones Kenny! Thank you so much for sharing them with us! :love:

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
They look like lovely stones. I would love to see the stones on your hand for color/size comparison. Any plans for them yet?

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kenny, the culet not coming to a meet point termination, and the "naturals" are a result of running out of rough in the cutting process. At times a cutter is presented with the option of either making the whole stone smaller, or leaving a "natural". A natural is a portion of the stone that is not faceted, leaving the surface in it's natural rough state. Often times this portion will be right at the girdle, and can be covered up with a prong or bezzel when the stone is set. I recently cut a small lavender sapphire where I was faced with the option of a smaller stone or leave a natural. I left the natural, but discounted the stone substantially for it.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I've been feeling awful lately and haven't been on PS for a few days. What a JOY to come back and see these AMAZING diamonds....Kenny, you have chosen two beauties!!!

Lori

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone asked for pics on the finger.
I love this rich rich blue diamond.

More pics later.

Picture 12.png

Picture 13.png

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Picture 5.png

Picture 6.png

Picture 9.png

Picture 10.png

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
both are lovely....but i'm loving the aqua/turquoise color one!

MoZo

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
kenny said:
Someone asked for pics on the finger.
I love this rich rich blue diamond.

More pics later.

Thank you, kenny. I think I asked for hand shots, because it gives a better idea of size. But you are correct, little blue fits nicely on the finger.

Love, love, love your new green diamond. So stunning!

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
The blue is stunning. A mini (and may I add nicer looking color) Hope Diamond.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Great pics Kenny, you should definitely set at least one and wear it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome photos Kenny. The green diamond for me is W :love: W

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Holy quacamole! Kenny, truly amazing. I still can't believe how much better the blue one looks better than on the site, and how well the green looks too. You can't see my face, but it's the face of envy!

Do they have any names?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
davi_el_mejor said:
Do they have any names?

It seems presumptuous, though harmless, to name a diamond that wasn't 10 million bucks.
I'll be thinking of names just for fun.
Oh and the name must start with a "The". :lol:

Here's a close up of the green.
I'd kill to learn when it was cut.
Leibish had no provenance on it.

Still pics do not do it justice.
It it astonishingly lively and has bold chunky scintillation and fire that rivals many modern well-cut diamonds I've ever seen.
I wish I could post a video of it.
Are we allowed to do that here?
People post links to vendor videos all the time.

Being an OEC or transitional round of course suggests about 100 years ago.
Also, being pure green but cut as if it were colorless are cut I'm wondering if this "cutting for GIA's highest color grade: is a recent thing.
Perhaps 100 years ago they didn't know about cutting for color (at the expense of brilliance) or they were no GIA color grades (and the resulting :$$): :$$): :$$): ) to shoot for.

Did they even facet girdles 100 years ago?
If not that indicates recent cutting - unless the OEC was put on 100 years ago with a bruted girdle then someone touched up the girdle recently to improve the appearance.
The girdle faceting does not look all straight and perfect though like other modern girdles I've seen, but I haven't seen zillions like some of you pros.

If any vendor or appraiser here knows or suspects when this was cut I'd be very grateful for the input.
Here is the pavilion again it it helps nail down the time of cut.

0fwa.png

0788.png

0pav.png

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny,
Since this is one of the most expensive and rare gems ever posted, to my knowledge, on pricescope, I think you should ask the mods if you may be allowed to post a video. For such a rare and valuable gem, perhaps they might make an exception. I know, for the sake of education, and because there are so few videos of green or blue diamonds on the net, I would love to see a video of these gems. I think it would be very educational.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks TL, I have to see if my cheapo camcorder can even focus close enough.

BTW, there have been many much more-expensive stones posted, though perhaps not on a per/carat basis, $130,000 per ct. for the green and $139,167 per ct for the blue. ;(

I guess this would make me the opposite of a size queen. :lol:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
kenny said:
I guess this would make me the opposite of a size queen. :lol:

:shock: :lol:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good grief! The more pictures I see, the more I love both stones (yes, even though I originally spoke against the blue - the vendor pictures doesn't do that stone one iota of justice!)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so happy that you are spoiling us with hand shots! That green diamond is going to look awesome bezeled. More, More, MORE! :love:

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
:lickout:

Kenny, your hand shots make the colors pop 100% more than the vendor photos. I'm in love with them both. You are a very lucky man to be able to own two such lovelies! I hope you do get the mini green giant set!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Kenny, those are gorgeous stones. :love: The shots on the fingers really do make them come to life. The blue one is my favorite of the 2 though. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am browsing it late at night...in for a sleepless night again no doubt about it. Both are great, and your photos are much better than the ones I saw in most books (they probably should be in textbooks for their quality). Both are beautiful, and the green one is so sparkly and so nicely cut.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Both are gorgeous - thanks so much for the beautiful photos..... definitely a treat!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Both are beautiful stones, I can't decide which one I like better. I do love the old cut on the green diamond.

You photos, as always, are amazing.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
WOW, that blue looks amazing! The vendor photo did not do it justice. And the green is just.... :love: It looks so bright and minty. YUM!!! :lickout:

Thanks for the new pics. More please!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

:mrgreen: That green diamond turns me into a blubbering idiot every time I see it. :love:

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite is the blue :love: . Oh how I would LOVE to get my hands on one just like that!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, that is a really strange cut.
68% is deep for a round.
The cut pattern is unique and kind of cool, but I wonder about the light performance.

4127_di_image1_f3253.jpg

4127_di_image_7bf83.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results