shape
carat
color
clarity

2 ct cushion vs 3 ct cushion video - which would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, I''m sorry they didn''t work for you. Oh well, there''s still one out there with your name on it!
2.gif

Good luck in your search!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock

I think that is the case with all stones.

Thanks for the update.

Old stones are great and if you can go bigger - fantastic. Erica & Graces inventory is beyond words.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I''d say in an antique stone, I *personally* actually prefer the L/M range- it is not colored enough to seem yellow face up in most lights, but isn''t bright-white either... my M colored OEC faces up a steely off white, most of the time, and in some lights it looks darn-near colorless (like, Target type lighting). If you haven''t eyeballed a properly graded L or M antique cut, you might at least want to give it a whirl... it''ll open up a lot more candidates for you, and the price is usually significantly lower. (Which means, bigger rock!
11.gif
) A softer white looks *right* with an antique cut; it gives it a unique charm I think.

Still, the lower colors aren''t everyone''s cup of tea- if you are open to that color range, it just means that there are a lot more (and bigger) possiblities, since there are SO many lower colored antique cuts. For what it''s worth, I''ve never regretted going for an M to get 3.55 cts... there''s no other way I''d be able to, not without giving my husband an aneurysm!

Sooooo, how about that 4.12 ct antique cushion on JewelsbyEricaGrace.com for $24K? That one big enough to make you consider an M?
27.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for you input jerichosmom. It is appreciated. I think you''ll find this a hitch with all internet photography/images. As accurately as one may try and capture the essence of the diamond and with so many lighting schemes its hard to predict/capture what you may be seeing it in when you get em. I shot a clip on this very subject actually showing how fire in a diamond can manifest itself in varying environments from direct sunlight to Tower Records (among others) and each environment, while showing aspects of fire and sparkle are different depending on the strength of the spot lighting and the number of spot lights used.

I would have thought the clip showing you the diamonds on an actual hand would have given you a good idea of their actual size irl but guess not. Once again thanks and if we can be of any other kind of assistance you know how to get me.

Kindest regards,

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree littlekitty. I also happen to like warm colors in antique stones too!

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Jonathan. I was so so disappointed in myself when I realized that I didn''t love either of them. I will email the USPS tracking number tomorrow as I''m too lazy to get it from my purse.

I had them both stones tucked into my purse while I walked up and down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills as they have a bevy a great jewelry stores. I stopped into David Yurman to look at one of their settings and showed the salesgirl. "Oh, how cute!" was her reply! B*#CH! She then brought out the smallest cushion in the display which was 1.91 ct... for $30K! EEEKS!

Both stones actually performed equally well when i put them through the the various tests...bathroom, kitchen, porch, car, restaurant. And the only time you really notice the slight ring on the 3 ct table is when you''re looking directly down at it in when it is not moving. The fire off the edges of the 3 ct more than make up for it. I did notice that the stone that my eye gravitated to at first glance was the 3 ct. Both stones are still phenomenal and anyone who is looking for a cushion should definitely consider either of them.

Diamond shrinkage syndrome set in about 24 hrs after receiving them. Ideally, I want a "chunk" right now. I may have to settle for upgrading gradually (chunk-ing?) if I can''t find something that works within my budget. I haven''t seen EricaGrace''s 4 ct cushion but I''ll get the measurements for it. I''d like something 9-10mm at least (hence my turn to warmer, vintage stones).

Sorry if this sounds like I''m just talking to myself but I know that my obsession is shared by many on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results