shape
carat
color
clarity

2 Carats Under 8K: Doable or Bad Idea?

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OK, as promised, here's a first picture. This is taken with my puny cell phone camera under a desk lamp then color corrected in lightroom. Hopefully I'll be able to get better ones with my USB microscope in daylight.

ring.jpg

EDIT I wouldn't draw too many conclusions on the color from that image btw. This is the original before color correction:

ringnocolor.jpg

Taking photos was harder than I thought!

Last edited:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love:Beautiful....can't wait to see a profile view, front view, under a tree view and hand shots!!!!

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
Ps: I think that halo is gorgeous!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow it looked oks so beautiful!! I can't wait to see more pictures, the halo is so pretty! If you want s true double halo James Allen has that style as well as I'm sure you know, but this looks amazing to me!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes! And so is she.

Only change I would have made is getting a bigger halo. :) But the way it is now the center stone looks huge! Somehow just staring at it, it looks even bigger than the solitaire travel ring I got her even though both are 8mm.

Excellent! Congratulations, I don't normally comment much about settings but looks very elegant.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice. I actually like the more subtle halo than a full-one double halo. Congrats!

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful! I love the setting ~ it looks like it really compliments the diamond!
You did awesome!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Setting looks great! But more pics please! (you know the drill! lol:lol-2:)

cheers--Sharon

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MORE MORE MORE!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What a journey, it's beautiful! We need more pictures please.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry I spent most of yesterday with the USB microscope hunting for the GIA inscription with no luck.

Might take it to a Prince Estate Jewelry on Sunday if I can't find it, and will try to take some outdoor shots with my phone then.

If anyone's in the San Jose area and wants to come see it and take some pictures, let me know!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What magnification is your USB scope?

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can find mine with a 15 times loop or at work under the 20-40 times stereoscopes.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks like James Allen did a great job with the setting. I hope you will make a thread in show me the bling. I would love to see more pictures of the stone and the setting!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous!!!

imdoubler

Shiny_Rock
Finally get to see this gorgeous ring! Congrats!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right just take pics with you're phone we aren't picky.

An iPhone can do wonders just go under a tree on a sunny day or in the shade next to a window.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This weekend. I promise! Been working a lot and haven't gotten a chance to get the ring in full blown sunlight.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@HDer, I have been quietly lurking and waiting for the pics...I can't take it anymore...stop being such a tease!! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results