color
clarity

2 Carats Under 8K: Doable or Bad Idea?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course!

I.JUST.CAN'T.WAIT.

I have been following your journey with great interest and excitemenet and i i'm really looking forward to your new thread with lots of photos of this ring :appl:

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks! It still says it's in production with an expected shipping date of today so I'm getting a little antsy myself. If I don't see any changes I will shoot off an email to James Allen later today.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really can't wait to see this either, I really like that it's a little different but amazing!

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Just caught up on this. Wow, great that you knew what you want and went for it. Echoing the others but I can't wait to see it.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
I too cannot wait to see what the ring will look like.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone. So James Allen wrote me an e-mail saying that shipping has been pushed back to Friday. Will keep you updated!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Why?? That's torture lol.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So, did it ship today with Saturday delivery?:roll2:

Nope just checked. Delivery date is now 10/2 but the ring is in quality control so hopefully it's all good!

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I meant estimated shipping date.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in Australia and due to our DD/MM/YYYY format I thought they had pushed out the shipping date till February when I read that :shock:
Come to BC, Canada.
DD/MM/YYYY, YYYY/MM/DD, MM/DD/YYYY . a mess.
Daily Forecast in C. Oven Temperature in F. But freezer/cooler temperature in C. But chicken is cooked to 165F.
Short distance in inch/feet. Long distance in km. Speed in km/h
Vertical distance/height/altitude in feet
Food label in ml/litre. For cooking, it is in oz. Milk measured in ml/l. Drinks measured in oz.
Meat is sold per lb. Fish is sold per 100g. Costco sell everything per 1kg
Precipitation in mm
Area in sqf

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
Come to BC, Canada.
DD/MM/YYYY, YYYY/MM/DD, MM/DD/YYYY . a mess.
Daily Forecast in C. Oven Temperature in F. But freezer/cooler temperature in C. But chicken is cooked to 165F.
Short distance in inch/feet. Long distance in km. Speed in km/h
Vertical distance/height/altitude in feet
Food label in ml/litre. For cooking, it is in oz. Milk measured in ml/l. Drinks measured in oz.
Meat is sold per lb. Fish is sold per 100g. Costco sell everything per 1kg
Precipitation in mm
Area in sqf

Haha! Wow, how annoying! It annoys me enough having to convert recipes that use the oven from F to C.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much per 1Kg of diamonds?
Diamonds are weighed in carat and diameters are measured in mm.
This is universal. Even Americans understand the metric system when talking diamonds.
This is why I love this forum and diamonds.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's here! Came on my way to work so didn't have the time to snap any pictures. Sorry.

First impressions:
Color is not noticeable, at least in our kitchen lighting. Lots of fire. If looked at from the side, I can see hints of color, but not sure if it's the stone or a reflection from the rose gold.
The halo is much more delicate than I would have thought. Need to look very closely in order to tell that it's a double halo. The second row of stones is set perpendicular to the main stone.
Due to the thinness of the band, it's a bit loose on the SO's finger. May need to send it back for resizing. Diameter is the same as another ring she has so it's mainly just due to the thinness and the extra weight on top.

Getting a USB microscope delivered tomorrow. Hoping to double check the inscription number and take some pictures when it arrives.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you pleased??

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you pleased??

Yes! And so is she.

Only change I would have made is getting a bigger halo. :) But the way it is now the center stone looks huge! Somehow just staring at it, it looks even bigger than the solitaire travel ring I got her even though both are 8mm.

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see it! Glad you are both happy!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. Pictures now ! Haha

Also hopefully she knew that halo was going to look like that going in as the images in JA were pretty clear that's what she t was going to look like.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No. Pictures now ! Haha

Also hopefully she knew that halo was going to look like that going in as the images in JA were pretty clear that's what she t was going to look like.

Yeah she has no complaints. I'm just saying that the halo didn't turn out to be as much bling for my buck as I originally thought. Some of the pictures make it look like it almost doubles the stone's diameter, but obviously that's with a smaller center. Still, it looks very very nice.

Luckily for me, she's out of town for a week starting tomorrow so I'll really have time to closely examine the ring and give everything a once over, and hopefully take some pictures.

Plan is at least one picture tonight. :) And then a full set of pictures and writeup either tomorrow night or Thursday, in a new thread.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We are all waiting!! But good to hear that you received the ring and pleased overall with the value, aesthetics, appearance, and value! Can't wait to see/ know more!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results