shape
carat
color
clarity

2.75 Carat Marquise Diamond

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@seaurchin, I think it's fine to post the diamond. I do see a very slight bowtie but it's hard to know for sure, I suspect IRL it won't be noticable...and I do see some tint, but again, so hard to judge from just a pic and one video. I think the clarity looks good! Seeing it in person will be the best way to judge it, try not to stress - I'm looking forward to seeing it! I hope you love it!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I just read something (I think on Blue Nile) that in general, fancy shaped diamonds (any shape besides round) cost 25 percent less than rounds, and k color costs 50 percent less than g color. Just thought it was interesting.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the center area of the stone looks ok. It could light up a little more towards the pointed ends. My biggest concern, and I hope this
doesnt show up in real life, is it looks like it has color zoning (One side pretty tinted, other side looks fairly normal).

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I think the center area of the stone looks ok. It could light up a little more towards the pointed ends. My biggest concern, and I hope this
doesnt show up in real life, is it looks like it has color zoning (One side pretty tinted, other side looks fairly normal).

Thank you!

FedEx is delayed due to fog so now I have to wait several hours longer than expected. :(

Reactions: AV_

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I wanted a marquis and had 12k I would have totally jumped on this deal! It's huge, and I love the slight champagne color. It does have a bit of a bowtie and there might be some zoning, but I think overall it's lovely and I'm excited to see your pics!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see your next up date with photos hopefully. Good luck with the delivery, I hope you love it.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Ah, let me try this again... Thanks for all the replies so far. Sorry, no ring today. FedEx couldn't make up for the time lost from LA fog this morning.

Here are a couple of quick shots of my current ring. It is 1.42 carats, H, SI1. Please excuse the manhands. I tried to hide them haha.

oldring1.JPG

IMG_3965.JPG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well shoot, I'm sorry @seaurchin :(2 But you should definitely have it by tomorrow. Your current marquise is absolutely beautiful, thanks for the pic!

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your current marquise has such lovely proportions. I look forward to seeing your new marquise.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Junebug and Princess. :)

I just noticed the blue splotches showing on my diamond pics above. It does have medium blue fluorescence but just realized husband is wearing a bright blue shirt (he took the pics) so I guess it's a reflection of that. Wish I could keep the blue all the time though. :)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
It's here!

I am seriously in love with this ring!

My camera is not capturing the crazy (and white!) sparkle, but here goes. I can see a little color here and there in certain lights/angles or if I look closely but I think it just looks like reflections from the yellow gold band. More pics on the way!

ND1.JPG

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
It looks clear and quite sparkly in real life in this outdoors shot, not green-gray like in the picture. I see diamonds are as tricky to photograph as pearls are.

ND2.JPG

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
According to the chart I saw, it faces up like a nearly 3.5 carat marquise, though it's 2.75. It even looks big on my man hands! I am over the moon. A couple more on the way in a sec.

ND3.JPG

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats!!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Oooooo! Great finger coverage and I like the shape of your stone very much!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love:

LOVE it!!! Omg it looks so beautiful on you, fantastic finger coverage and the shape is perfect! Now I want a big marquise lol! It's stunning! :clap::dance:

ETA I don't think you're going to get much accomplished today @seaurchin! This ring is going to mesmerize you all day!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing upgrade. I love it! :love::love::love:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always wanted an east west marquise. Now I'm really thinking about it . . .

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new ring! I'm glad it turned out to be what you wanted! Fancy cuts are notoriously hard to photograph IMO.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!!!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oh my word!! I love this :love: congrats!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, it's GORGEOUS!!! The old ring was lovely also, but this is STUNNING on you. It looks like a fireball - Congratulations!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! :love::love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results