shape
carat
color
clarity

2.55 blue sapphire

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
This is the stone I was considering when I asked the question about zoning. I decided the only way to see if it was really as beautiful as the vendor picture. This stone has been listed on Tan's site for quite a long time. I think the reason it has been passed upon by many is that the video shows considerable zoning from the sides. In fact there are areas where the stone looks completely clear! I took a chance and am incredibly glad I did!! I love the stone!! Here are the stats:

Blue Sapphire
Weight: 2.55ct
Shape: Oval
Origin: Madagascar
Color: Royal Blue
Clarity: VS 2
Treatment: Heated
Size: 8.5 x 6.1 x 5.5 mm.

There is no cert, and at this point I doubt I'll get one. I do not know if it has been diffused but the color is so amazing that I'll keep it regardless. I'm attaching the vendor picture, one I got outside, and a picture of how I plan to mount it.

Please give any comments or criticisms. I've been tried by fire here, so I hope for complete honesty.

snapshot 3.JPG

snapshot 2.JPG

IMG_3824.JPG

IMG_3817.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's gorgeous. I really like the color,and I think if you're not worried about diffusion, then it's a great stone for you! I'm also not too fussed about that kind of thing for a general piece of jewelry. It'll look lovely in that halo.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely!

Please don't worry too much about diffusion. It really isn't that common in blue stones. It requires very high heat and there are often indications that can be seen under a microscope. There is also the issue that Madagascan blue sapphires can naturally contain Beryllium atoms.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I've never had any luck with Tan's sapphires so I'm so pleased that you love yours. Enjoy it!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Nice! The color is great & zoning not a bother from the top, where people will be looking at it. Enjoy it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uppy,
It's a beautiful stone. I had my eye on that one for a long time because it has gorgeous face up color, great cutting, and it was very well priced. Enjoy. :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I don't know anything about sapphires but I think it's pretty :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful shade of blue. I can see why you love it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uppy,
If you did want to send a sapphire to AGL, I did. My stone was similar in size to yours, at 2.75 carats, and also a Madagascan stone. The cost was $60 for a fast track memo + S&H back and forth. They could microscopically determine it wasn't be-diffused, and only heated.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I love it - but you already knew that :appl:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
What a beauty !!!!
A lovely addition to your collection ! Enjoy !!!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Stone! Congrats! I love the color.

~Justin

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
TL|1318726677|3041261 said:
Uppy,
If you did want to send a sapphire to AGL, I did. My stone was similar in size to yours, at 2.75 carats, and also a Madagascan stone. The cost was $60 for a fast track memo + S&H back and forth. They could microscopically determine it wasn't be-diffused, and only heated.
That might be a great idea. Even though I do not plan on ever selling it, you never know. I've proved to be capricious before!! :rolleyes:

eta: I can't seem to find the right site that gives info on gemstone assessment. I can only find diamond info. Thanks.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgradable|1318773455|3041438 said:
TL|1318726677|3041261 said:
Uppy,
That might be a great idea. Even though I do not plan on ever selling it, you never know. I've proved to be capricious before!! :rolleyes:

eta: I can't seem to find the right site that gives info on gemstone assessment. I can only find diamond info. Thanks.

I think memos are important if you leave it to your heirs as well. The thing is that treatments are changing so much and getting so difficult to detect in this day and age, just imagne in X amount of years, you'll have a stone now has non-detectable treatment, but at least you'll have an AGL memo from a period when that treatment was detectable. I always looks at memos as some sort of future insurance on your gem retaining its value.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results