shape
carat
color
clarity

2.5 carat, E, IF, Ideal Cut!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
My online pal sent me this photo to thank me for my help when she was picking out her e-ring! I know you guys will love this too!

She is sooooooooooo lucky. This is her ORIGINAL E-RING! And she told me "we have no budget". Do note tt the typical ring in my country is only 0.5 - 0.75 carat.

Her initial choice was: 2 - 3 carat, D, IF, good cut.

I really love the Inbox background! I think she's got so much PS potential.
37.gif

The real deal: 2.5 carat (centre stone alone), E, IF, ideal cut.
The ring has channel set diamonds in it. Not sure abt the quality of the stones, but they look great IMHO!

zoering1.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! That''s quite the "starter" ring...hahaha! What a lucky girl! It looks beautiful!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous.
30.gif
It is great she has you to help her out!!! Did she get it from a Pricescope vendor?

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, her fiance bought it from a B&M in NZ! Brought it all the way to Singapore to propose to her. How sweet!
21.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s quite a knockout, and I love the unusual setting!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a way to start out!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
Wow! Congrats to your friend!
30.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Yowza! What a gorgeous diamond. Very lucky girl, indeed!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Wow! What a lucky girl!! Its beautiful! I too love the unusual setting! I''d love to see some more pictures of it!
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 7:47:31 AM
Author: diamondfan
What a way to start out!
No kidding! And all I could think of was, where do you go with an upgrade?
23.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yowza, that''s some ring!!! I''d love to see more pics!!! She''s a lucky girl indeed!!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh... that is a beautiful stone!
30.gif
She truly is a lucky girl! The setting indeed is very unusual. At a first glimpse, I was focusing entirely on the gorgeous center stone that I took the setting as the "usual" channel set. On a second look, however, I see that they are a little off! Interesting... I am not sure if I am crazy about the setting, though...
11.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Here are 2 more photos. The stone looks a little funny in these though...

Not sure what's with the grayish tone. Mayb it's fluorescence? Any photography experts' advice on this?

handzoe.jpg

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Somehow just can't see the arrows, but mayb it's cos the stone is tilted? I can't comment much since i din see the stone in person, and she bought it from a B&M, so no professional photos!

closeup111.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
W
30.gif
W - it''s gorgeous! Lucky girl!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, you sure don''t see a lot of 2.5 E, IF around here..it''s gorgeous!!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooo La La!!! That''s a beautiful rock!!!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I hate to say it but could it be a CZ?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza, no budget?!! What a ring!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 9:28:50 PM
Author: AllieLuv83
probably not, CZ''s display an unusual amount of fire. Here''s a pic for you to see of a CZ.

Admin please remove if inappropriate.

cz_aedrdfg.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I guess you are right congrats to her if it is real thats like a gazzillion dollar stone!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 10:12:28 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Date: 4/10/2007 9:28:50 PM

Author: AllieLuv83

probably not, CZ''s display an unusual amount of fire. Here''s a pic for you to see of a CZ.

Admin please remove if inappropriate.

Thanx for the clarification, kcoursolle. I personally can hardly tell the difference between the CZ and the real thing though!
11.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Wow, interesting. Congrats to your friend! Does she have a cert with it? We''d love to hear the specs. The cert would say if the stone has fluorescence.

Just wondering and no insult intended - is this a natural diamond or a lab-created diamond? Many lab created diamonds, like Apollo diamonds for example, are IF. If it''s natural, depending on the cut, this is a $60-70K diamond roughly. You may not want to ask her!
28.gif

If it''s natural, it''s interesting that your friend would get a 2.5-carat at this price point. She could have easily dropped to a VS stone and gotten OVER 3 carats. Her hand looks like she could carry a larger diamond easily.

Regardless of the diamond, finding Mr. Right is what matters most!
1.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
It's a natural diamond. Her fiance wanted the specs to b "perfect", thus IF (they're asian). The cert is AGS, but she said it's in NZ. Will take pics of it for me to post when she goes over to NZ. She's pretty supportive of my diamond addiction, so stay tune!

In case anyone's puzzled over how she managed to get such a monster ring, let me just add tt both she and her fiance own businesses and are in their late 30s.

Just a bit of update, she just told me tt this is actually a "pre-e-ring"!
32.gif
The actual e-ring will b a custom design one, with ANOTHER stone in it. I'm really finding this hard to believe, but she said she'll show it to me when it's done. The actual e-ring will become their family heirloom. Since they're creating a family heirloom, i guess the actual e-ring will b even bigger.

I'm speechless.
23.gif

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
if it was a lab created diamond, wouldn''t it be against the rules to post?

btw, i heard that they are trying to change the name lab to cultured diamonds.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I think it''s gorgeous!!!! SO sparkly...I love the unique setting too!!!
30.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 12:12:54 PM
Author: gladyskristen
It's a natural diamond. Her fiance wanted the specs to b 'perfect', thus IF (they're asian). The cert is AGS, but she said it's in NZ. Will take pics of it for me to post when she goes over to NZ. She's pretty supportive of my diamond addiction, so stay tune!

In case anyone's puzzled over how she managed to get such a monster ring, let me just add tt both she and her fiance own businesses and are in their late 30s.

Just a bit of update, she just told me tt this is actually a 'pre-e-ring'!
32.gif
The actual e-ring will b a custom design one, with ANOTHER stone in it. I'm really finding this hard to believe, but she said she'll show it to me when it's done. The actual e-ring will become their family heirloom. Since they're creating a family heirloom, i guess the actual e-ring will b even bigger.

I'm speechless.
23.gif
I find it hard to believe too!
1.gif
So if this is not really the ering, what happens to it next after the 'real' ering comes into the picture? Is this stone one that her jeweler sold her so she could keep it for a while and then trade it back for the real ering? I have seen that happen when the couple want very, very particular specs, aren't finding it, and take a "temporary" so they feel engaged. It is far from common, of course!

I am not assuming the stone is fake just cause it's an IF. I have noticed that quite a few IFs are being sold out of Blue Nile these days - it seems there is a demand for these. Maybe it's the Asian influence?? Anyhow, great stone, can you follow up the story as it progesses - it's very interesting!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Beacon: Nope, she's not gonna return the stone. When the actual e-ring comes, she's gonna haf 2 stones! All i can say is, her fiance is darn rich and is willing to spend on her. She's also gonna get a house in a prime area in Singapore as part of her wedding gift!

He couldn't wait to propose, so he got her this ring first (to keep). However, he doesn't want this to be the real e-ring cos he wants the e-ring to be custom-made to a design created by both of them, which will then become a family heirloom.

In the mean time, here's another pic of the ring sitting on a tiffany & co pouch. She said it looks dusty cos she sharpened the image.
28.gif

ringontiff.JPG

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 12:13:59 PM
Author: gladyskristen
Beacon: Nope, she''s not gonna return the stone. When the actual e-ring comes, she''s gonna haf 2 stones! All i can say is, her fiance is darn rich and is willing to spend on her. She''s also gonna get a house in a prime area in Singapore as part of her wedding gift!

He couldn''t wait to propose, so he got her this ring first (to keep). However, he doesn''t want this to be the real e-ring cos he wants the e-ring to be custom-made to a design created by both of them, which will then become a family heirloom.

In the mean time, here''s another pic of the ring sitting on a tiffany & co pouch. She said it looks dusty cos she sharpened the image.
28.gif
Wow... this story is so unreal. Your friend''s FI must be really rich. I am really lost for words...
6.gif
I guess he really loves her?!?
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really gorgeous! She is a very lucky girl to have such a fine diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results