shape
carat
color
clarity

2.45 OEC in plat LAD / CvB ring

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the nice feedback, everyone. It is a dream ring for me and I feel lucky to own it.

Susief - Yes, it was the 2.43 in the other thread. I took it to an appraiser who is a GG and a NAJA member so I'm really disappointed he didn't identify it is a moissanite. He said he had never seen an OEC fake before so it just didn't occur to him. The jeweler I bought it from sells coins and other items so I think they are more interested in the history of pieces than gems and jewelry. He was very apologetic and prompt with the refund and he did give me time to have it appraised when I first purchased it, so I don't think there was anything intentional on his part.

After I got over the shock disappointment about the 2.43 and decided to proceed with the project I called a local diamond wholesaler and asked if he had any old cuts. He said he occasionally takes them in as trade and immediately sends them out to be recut. I wanted to reach through the phone and throttle him. :angryfire:

Marym - I'd like to try it with a skinny diamond band in the future. Feel free to share any suggestions you may have.

Diamondseeker - Have fun Elsa shopping and I hope you find something you love!

Bonfire and Crystal Dreams - The modifications are so minimal you'd probably have to see them side-by-side. I asked for the sides to flare out the tiniest bit. On the original when you look top-down you see a little bit of the basket detail beyond the diamond's girdle and that is reduced so you see the outline of the diamond on mine. Pic below to help explain. Even though the changes were so minor LAD sent CADs and it was helpful for me to have a visual.

Azstonie - I wish those gorgeous Mrs. Boxes were mine, but those are LAD's.

_37466.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is a gorgeous ring! Congratulations! How upsetting to find out that your diamond was not what the jeweler said. I am surprised that still happens today. With all the diamond testing tools available today that the jeweler would not use them or try to pass a stone off as genuine is shocking. I am so glad you found out right away.

The diamond that you ended up getting is just beautiful! I am so happy for you all the way around. Both the setting and the stone are just perfect!!!

sparkle45

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous ring - really is a heavy weight!!! I saw it on LAD's instagram the other day and knew immediately they had reduced the basket flare. I love that setting, but have always thought I'd want the same modification if I ever went that route - I prefer to see the diamond outline. :)

Congrats on your beautiful ring!

susief

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your reply kgizo - I agree that it's shocking that an appraiser missed the fact that it was a moissanite! There's a popular wedding forum with plenty of brides who have moissanite OECs so it's certainly not unheard of. Anyway, I'm so glad you got a happy ending with that absolutely stunning ring :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Georgeous! CVB/Lad settings are like little pieces of art! Soooo pretty!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the diagram kgizo! Your subtle modifications really enhance the design IMO. Enjoy your new beauty! I could use a gazillion more pictures to drool over! :lol: :love:

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
WOW! How simply stunning!!! I love the petal pattern in the faceting and it is just a gorgeous diamond in a absolutely beautiful setting! Congratulations and enjoy wearing it!!

Lainey :love:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful diamond and ring!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous :love:

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning... your diamond and setting complement each other beautifully.

You might want to post it in the CvB eye-candy thread, as well. =)

Octobergirl

Rough_Rock
I love it! It's gorgeous. Will you wear a band with it? You must be delighted!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back with flower pics :appl:

_37618.jpg

_37619.jpg

_37620.jpg

_37621.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Totally adorable :appl:

marym