shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 2.41ctw J I1 studs from IDJ with SB fluor!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I'm delighted to be the reason you posted them :cheeky:

Can I ask a couple more questions about the settings? I really like the design - they don't look like regular "stock" settings at all, if you know what I mean! Do you think they'd look good on smaller stones - say 5-6mms? The petals are really lovely on yours - they space out beautifully - but your stones are bigger, and I know Bliss' are bigger too - do you think they'd work well scaled down?

I'm waiting for the ~1ct rose cut w/ SBF jackpot :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! I agree that having a great pair of studs is the highest earring priority!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!!! I have these, too! SO BEAUTIFUL, right???? They just sit on the ear so nicely!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! Yours are huge and SPECTACULAR!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!! Wear them in the best of health! :appl: :love: :appl:

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I love the design of the baskets! And great fluorescence pictures!! Enjoy your beautiful earrings!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1350738634|3289041 said:
Gonna find out!!! The newer items are non-fluoro but I don't know about older pieces that I've had for a while, or melee on pieces or the uncert diamonds... I'm hoping I may have a little glow hidden as a surprise! But if not, I'll just write secret love letters instead - LOL!! :lol:

I did the exact same thing as soon as my pen came in! I found out that a few of my other pieces had fluoro - most of them varying shades of blue, but I did have one melee stone that was strong orange fluoro!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
tigian|1350746666|3289113 said:
Gorgeous earrings! I love the 4 prong setting with the dainty claws. They look fabulous on you, jill. While I'm bummed I couldn't add your huggies to my small collection, that is great IDJ could add them to the trade/purchase.

Thanks for your reply, tigian! I'm sorry it didn't work out with the huggies, but IDJ's trade-in policy is really great!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1350759393|3289182 said:
Well, I'm delighted to be the reason you posted them :cheeky:

Can I ask a couple more questions about the settings? I really like the design - they don't look like regular "stock" settings at all, if you know what I mean! Do you think they'd look good on smaller stones - say 5-6mms? The petals are really lovely on yours - they space out beautifully - but your stones are bigger, and I know Bliss' are bigger too - do you think they'd work well scaled down?

I'm waiting for the ~1ct rose cut w/ SBF jackpot :bigsmile:

Yssie, I do think they would still work well on smaller stones. They are really dainty and could easily be scaled down, so I think you'd be happy with them, especially if you want something that's not just a standard stock setting. I thought Yekutiel mentioned that the stones he set for Bliss were in the 1.5ctw range (so around 6mm), but I could be mistaken. Hopefully Bliss will post hers, and you can see. I would say that it would be worth trying these to see. I believe the relative cost for these vs. the standard basket settings was just a couple hundred more. I think it was money well spent, considering these are a much nicer setting without going custom. When I was trying to decide whether to go with these, Yekutiel said he would go pick them up and send me some pics. Here are the pics of the rough cast settings that he sent me. I hope this will help you. If you were interested in these, you might be able to ask him if he could pick them up in the size you'd need and send some pics, so you can get an idea of scale. As they were setting my diamonds, they tightened up the settings around the diamond. My settings really hug the diamond. Also, I don't know if you can tell from the pics, but the triangular shaped area of the settings near the post is actually slightly open and not a solid piece of metal. I was surprised at how dainty these were.

ETA: these settings are particularly nice with the jumbo backs. They sit very nice and straight on the ear without drooping with the larger backs. I read in your other thread that you were using your jumbo backs on other earrings, and I have done the same thing! :bigsmile: These jumbo backs are awesome little push-ups for studs! :cheeky:

idj_tulip_settings_1.jpg

idj_tulip_settings_2.jpg

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss|1350779875|3289365 said:
GORGEOUS!!!!!! I have these, too! SO BEAUTIFUL, right???? They just sit on the ear so nicely!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! Yours are huge and SPECTACULAR!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!! Wear them in the best of health! :appl: :love: :appl:

Bliss - so glad you saw this! PLEASE post pics of your earrings! I have to admit that I was waffling about whether or not to get these settings, but when Yekutiel mentioned that he had recently set some earrings for you in these settings, I was sold! I admire your amazing taste in jewelry, and I knew if they were good enough for Bliss, they'd be good enough for me! And he was right, these are really beautiful! What size stones did you have set into these settings?

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1350773781|3289312 said:
Very beautiful! I agree that having a great pair of studs is the highest earring priority!

DS - I couldn't have said it better!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
alene and snooper - thanks for your sweet posts and compliments!

Mili-Lani

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Jill!

I'm glad my thread helped you! Your stones look amazing. Do you think the fluorescence really makes the color more white in the sun? I don't think I have any fluorescent big stones but I usually shied away from them. However, when BGD introduced his blue line, it got me thinking about them more and more.

As for your other question, I don't wear my ering with my studs. This might sound weird but sometimes i'm afraid to wear my studs because I get so many compliments on them. I sometimes take public transportation in SF which isn't all that safe. However I do usually wear them and it's an easy everyday piece to have. They are safe and secure too (LP backs). I wore diamond hoops this week and went jogging on the treadmill and I came back to my hotel room with only one hoop!!!! Luckily by the time I noticed (about an hour and a half later) and went back to the gym, it was still there!!!!!!

I lost some weight and my ering (a 2ct solitaire - and I'm suffering from shrinkage) and the band (simple plain band) are quite loose. I would like them to be a little snug. They can fit on my middle finger :/

Do you wear all your pieces at the same time?

cabbitstar

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! What beautiful earrings! I love the settings and the size and sparkle are perfect. :D

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Love them so big and crisp! ..and their setting wowzy.. IDJ did an amazing job! Enjoy them beauties!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi, Did you find any fluorescent diamonds in your collection? I found a few, but I can't get good photos I need a new camera :(

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Jill love the earring and the photos, especially the the Fluor ones ;-)

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Mili-Lani|1351225054|3292665 said:
Hi Jill!

I'm glad my thread helped you! Your stones look amazing. Do you think the fluorescence really makes the color more white in the sun? I don't think I have any fluorescent big stones but I usually shied away from them. However, when BGD introduced his blue line, it got me thinking about them more and more.

As for your other question, I don't wear my ering with my studs. This might sound weird but sometimes i'm afraid to wear my studs because I get so many compliments on them. I sometimes take public transportation in SF which isn't all that safe. However I do usually wear them and it's an easy everyday piece to have. They are safe and secure too (LP backs). I wore diamond hoops this week and went jogging on the treadmill and I came back to my hotel room with only one hoop!!!! Luckily by the time I noticed (about an hour and a half later) and went back to the gym, it was still there!!!!!!

I lost some weight and my ering (a 2ct solitaire - and I'm suffering from shrinkage) and the band (simple plain band) are quite loose. I would like them to be a little snug. They can fit on my middle finger :/

Do you wear all your pieces at the same time?

Sorry for the late reply, I'm just now seeing this. I absolutely love the fluoro of these stones. I do think it helps make them look brighter in the sun and in just everyday wear. It's like there's just something extra special about how the diamonds glow. I'm having a hard time explaining it, but I do love the SBF!

So glad you found your lost earring! A couple days I dropped one of my earring backs down the drain while I was putting them on. I about had a heart attack, but I'm so glad it was the back and not the diamond. The back is much easier and less expensive to replace!

I do wear my 3.6ctw 3 stone and these together. I'm also currently working on a pendant project, and I'll wear that daily once I get it completed. Considering I'm a SAHM, it's probably a bit much but there's something about wearing nice jewelry that makes me feel really put together, even if I'm in a hoodie and jeans. :bigsmile:

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
CharmedOne|1351462422|3294339 said:
Enerchi, Did you find any fluorescent diamonds in your collection? I found a few, but I can't get good photos I need a new camera :(

Enerchi, I'm curious how many of your pieces had fluoro too! Are you having fun with the pen? ::)

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Cabbitstar, wsblue, and charmedone - thanks for your sweet replies! CharmedOne, did you get a black light pen too having? Are you having fun with it??

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jill, the funny thing is one day I was playing with Demo's crayola glow station and the wand passed by the solitaire I was wearing and it turned blue. My DS played with it for a while but couldn't understand why my other ring didn't do it too. LOL I had no idea diamonds did that until I found a thread here a couple months ago and even then there were no photos. It is pretty neat. I checked all my diamonds and just about all of my larger stones had fluorescence. So I had to buy the pen you posted. I tried to photograph them but the light doesn't stay on with the pen. So I have to find my DS crayola wand.

Question though, is it normal for it to glow for a long time after you turn off the light? Only one of my rings does it, but it is a really pretty blue with the light on and when I turn it off its like a neon yellowish green. Kinda like the glow in the dark color on the stars you can put on your kids ceiling or the usual glow in the dark color. I tried forever to take photos of it but my camera is so lame. Is this normal? My DH was freaking out because it was still glowing two hours later. He was like "Is that dangerous?" I told him I didn't think it was. But I was amazed and even after I got up and got a drink in a room with the lights on, when I went back into my dark bedroom, it was still glowing. My DH played with my diamonds for at least an hour seeing which ones glowed. LOL

Sorry to hijack your thread. I am going to buy a better camera Wednesday, so hopefully I can get photos of it. Thanks so much for asking. I had forgotten all about it ;-)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great size for everyday wear! Love the settings, too!

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful earrings!

Is your Strong Blue Flor diamond hazy? I've seen plenty of SBF diamonds that are beautiful and not hazy so I sent an inquiry for a project to IDJ. Their response : "Anything with the strong blue is hazy." (which REALLY surprised me as a response) Did they say anything about your diamond being hazy?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
jill_s|1352172306|3299597 said:

Enerchi, I'm curious how many of your pieces had fluoro too! Are you having fun with the pen? ::)

Hi Charmedone and Jill_s! I'm sorry, i missed this! I did get the magic pen 2 days ago and then promptly went 'into the closet' with all my treasures and had a BLAST!! Turns out I have a quite a few fluoro diamonds on things!! I had no idea - all these years (for some things) and I never knew, so obviously the fluorescence never affected performance! I did post some pics on the Fluoro thread I resurrected but there were so many other things that I just thought weren't that exciting to post!!

One thing I discovered was the pink fluoresence - I was only expecting blue or pale mauve, but not the peachy pink experience. I think you googled as well as I did, Charmedone, because there is very limited info on the web.

But yes - having a blast with the pen! :appl: :appl: :appl:

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Snowy|1352295502|3300421 said:
Beautiful earrings!

Is your Strong Blue Flor diamond hazy? I've seen plenty of SBF diamonds that are beautiful and not hazy so I sent an inquiry for a project to IDJ. Their response : "Anything with the strong blue is hazy." (which REALLY surprised me as a response) Did they say anything about your diamond being hazy?

Snowy, I do not notice any haziness in either of these stones, and I've had them outside a number of times to just make sure. I don't know that I ever directly asked if these were hazy, I just assumed that if they were, IDJ would mention it. I will say that my SBF diamond does appear somewhat hazy under the blacklight (it glows a strong milky blue under blacklight), but I don't see anything in normal viewing or when in sunlight. If you have any questions about SBF, I'd just give him a call. He's really helpful and quite knowledgable.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1352316137|3300645 said:
jill_s|1352172306|3299597 said:

Hi Charmedone and Jill_s! I'm sorry, i missed this! I did get the magic pen 2 days ago and then promptly went 'into the closet' with all my treasures and had a BLAST!! Turns out I have a quite a few fluoro diamonds on things!! I had no idea - all these years (for some things) and I never knew, so obviously the fluorescence never affected performance! I did post some pics on the Fluoro thread I resurrected but there were so many other things that I just thought weren't that exciting to post!!

One thing I discovered was the pink fluoresence - I was only expecting blue or pale mauve, but not the peachy pink experience. I think you googled as well as I did, Charmedone, because there is very limited info on the web.

But yes - having a blast with the pen! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Enerchi, I just saw your pics on the other thread. How fun! I have had tons of fun with that little pen, and the invisible ink is a fun bonus too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results