shape
carat
color
clarity

2.4 ct Marquse + custom WF setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Now THAT''S a Marquise!
that entire ring is beautiful tho

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Who wouldn''t LOVE a marquise..especially in that setting. The head (prongs) are exquisite..this ring is now on my list, of top 3 favourite rings
30.gif
on PS!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well done--what a stunner!

cheers--Sharon

enigma1406

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments everyone!
1.gif

A couple of things I forgot to mention. The setting is made out of platinum. Also, the part that WF forgot is just a small touch we wanted to add and something that nobody can see unless she takes the ring off. We are going to get two small stones, our birthstones, and have them put flush on the inside of the shank. It''s just a nice little personal touch that we wanted to set the ring off even more.

The funny thing is, we can''t decide whether our favorite part is the main diamond or the intricate work on the prongs, bridge and cathedral.
3.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
honestly i have never been a fan of a marquise cut but your ring totally just converted me to a fan of them!! its gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT!!! Gorgeous marquise!!
30.gif
Beautifully done!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely gorgeous!!!! I LOVE it
30.gif
36.gif
Congratulations on your Engagement.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
It is so great to see a marquise cut in such a beautful setting.

Lovely choice; that stone is a show stopper, good choice.

30.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the engagement. The ring is blingalicious. I like the proportions of the marquis -- not too skinny, not too fat, just right.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful!! I
30.gif
it.
36.gif
36.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Very nice. What beautiful bling.
I too wanted my family birthstones inside my shank,
but Leon had difficulty finding natural stones that
were small enough. We ended up doing diamonds instead, oh well!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous! Enjoy your beautiful new ring.
36.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
That looks amazing!!!!!!!

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
WOW!! What a stunner!! I''ve always loved that stone since my mom has one! What a wonderful job from WF!! Congrats to you both :)

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
She definitely has a one-of-a-kind ring; it turned out very well! Very eye-catching!

And I must say, from the photos, the clarilty actually looks better than SI2.

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
WOW! I really do love this ring and it looks great on her finger!! I don''t think you mentioned this yet, but what is her ring size?? I know a marquise will give more spread than another stone with the same ct wt, but it looks HUGE!! :) I love it..and i can see why she does too. I also think your idea of the birthstones is SOOOO sweet!!!!! :) :) I LOVE that idea!!! :) :)

And, congratulations!!!!! :) :) :) :) I know I''m ''jumping the gun'' but what kind of wedding band do you think you''ll have with it? One that''s just like the band on the e-ring, or something else?? :) Please post more photos when/if you can! :) AND, one more question, was she in on the process, or was this a complete surprise to her? (you mentioned wanting both of your birthstones on the shank, but wasn''t sure if that was just your idea or a mutual decision kind of thing:) )

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! A ring like that could bring the marquise back into popularity!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love chubby marquise too! Congrats!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, and you captured some lovely pictures!

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! What a gorgeous way to set the marquis, love it!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GINORMOUS Sweet Marquise! And I adore the setting! Congratulations!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!! Congrats on your engagement!

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
wow....i''m not a marquise girl, but this makes me a believer! many congrats!!!!

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
Simply Wonderful!!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Its gorgeous! Congrats!
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Your ring has converted me to a marquise fan--I don''t think I''ve ever seen such a great looking marquise!

enigma1406

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 7:34:32 PM
Author: newsboysgrl777
WOW! I really do love this ring and it looks great on her finger!! I don''t think you mentioned this yet, but what is her ring size?? I know a marquise will give more spread than another stone with the same ct wt, but it looks HUGE!! :) I love it..and i can see why she does too. I also think your idea of the birthstones is SOOOO sweet!!!!! :) :) I LOVE that idea!!! :) :)

And, congratulations!!!!! :) :) :) :) I know I''m ''jumping the gun'' but what kind of wedding band do you think you''ll have with it? One that''s just like the band on the e-ring, or something else?? :) Please post more photos when/if you can! :) AND, one more question, was she in on the process, or was this a complete surprise to her? (you mentioned wanting both of your birthstones on the shank, but wasn''t sure if that was just your idea or a mutual decision kind of thing:) )
One more thing I forgot! She wears a 4.75. We''re probably going to just get a matching pave band. She looked at a few other bands and I showed her some examples here but she likes the matching look more. We''re actually going to get her another ring somewhat like this but thinner and with a very small diamond because she often wears gloves at work and often can''t wear the larger ring. Attaching an image that is close to what we were thinking except both would be around 3mm, so the diamond would be teeny tiny.

She was in on the process. I did most of it by myself, but we went and looked at rings and found our inspiration ring. She also decided on a marquise and wanted a 2ct. The 2.4ct vs 2ct was a bonus.
9.gif

Also, here''s the inspiration ring for reference.
ins1.jpg

ins3.jpg

etoil_paveband.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
This ring is GORGEOUS!!

LoveRoundBrillants

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Im usually not a fan of this shape...but i must say WOW. It looks stunning and looks great on her hand as well. Congrats! And i love the personal touch you will add later..would love to see pics of that too! (when she decides to take it off...haha).

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY!! That is some gorgeous bling!
Congratulations!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results