shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 2.30ct Octavia on a Gelin Abaci tension setting..

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MORE PICS!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad we finally get to see your ring, DF! :sun: It was well worth the wait b/c it looks perfect! :appl: Now, waiting for handshots... :cheeky:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree, more pics DF!! This is just a tease!! Congrats on it finally being home--what a journey!! :appl: :love: :appl:

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Finally DF!!! It looks like a work of art. I hope we get to see pics of this elegant beauty on your hand.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning DF, also love love love the setting, a very classy look!

Gabors

Rough_Rock
Looks awesome! Looking forward to hand shots DF

retrogamer

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1423623376|3830638 said:
The stone is an AGS I VS2 with VSB fluor. 7.4mm in diameter

:dance: cool !

retrogamer

Shiny_Rock
Any photos of the piece on your hand?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is size 8.5 made from 500 fine Palladium unlike WG it will never need replating. It weigh in at 14.8 grams.

img_6940.jpg

img_6941.jpg

img_6945.jpg

img_6946.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We finally get to see it! I like the sleek and modern look of your ring :appl: Cool fluo! Your diamond has great finger coverage too :appl: More photos in different lighting environment to show off the Octavia performance!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rough weigh a bit over 5ct before master cutter Yoram bought it to life.

_563.png

img_6951.jpg

img_6952.jpg

img_6953.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thecat|1423630869|3830697 said:
We finally get to see it! I like the sleek and modern look of your ring :appl: Cool fluo! Your diamond has great finger coverage too :appl: More photos in different lighting environment to show off the Octavia performance!
Very hard to capture the fires on a diamond. here are couple of shots before it was set.

img_6954.jpg

img_6957.jpg

img_6959.jpg

img_6960.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF,

It is beautiful. Congrats and wear it in good health.

:love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE it!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I still call first dibs if you (heaven forbid) ever upgrade it :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is crazy beautiful, DF! I forgot it had VSBF!!! :love: :love: :love: And wasn't there a question about whether it would get VS2? I know you must be thrilled with it! Great setting to show it off!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl:

Woo hoo!!!!

Thanx for taking us on what i believe is a once in a lifetime journey of your magnificent ring creation!

It look amazing.. that Gelin Abaci setting is awesome!!! I recall that you were hoping for the stone to be set lower. with it lower, does the culet touch skin (comfortably)? i cant see the profile hand pic, and i know that they are extremely hard to take!

love to see more hand shot.... :)

Enjoy! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1423625912|3830658 said:
I agree, more pics DF!! This is just a tease!! Congrats on it finally being home--what a journey!! :appl: :love: :appl:
Yup, the project started last June and it took Yorum about 4.5 months to finish polishing the rough, then when I finally received the stone in mid Oct. I went to my local jeweler who then send it off to Gelin Abaci to do the custom tension setting. When the ring came back from GA in mid Nov. I noticed the stone was not centered, sticking out on one side, so I waited until mid Jan. before I send it back for a re-do and also to size it down from a 9.25 to a 8.5. A tension setting can't be re-sized so they had to remake a new setting.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35|1423634656|3830721 said:
Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl:

Woo hoo!!!!

Thanx for taking us on what i believe is a once in a lifetime journey of your magnificent ring creation!

It look amazing.. that Gelin Abaci setting is awesome!!! I recall that you were hoping for the stone to be set lower. with it lower, does the culet touch skin (comfortably)? i cant see the profile hand pic, and i know that they are extremely hard to take!

love to see more hand shot.... :)

Enjoy! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Greg
funny you asked this Q. The culet is close to touching the skin, but since GA will be making a new setting, so I did ask my jeweler if GA can raise the stone by 1mm they said... sure but it'll cost you $980!... :o so I said forget it! just re-size the ring down to 8.5 which was free of charge... :appl:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow.. so take the resize then... yay..

It IS comfortable then, with the culet touching skin?

JUST curious! LOL
I have a Carre eternity, where one of the just touches... when it spins, i will notice the culet touching skin. Since my US holidays, i ate and ate... so i definitely notice the culet touching skin! LOL

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1423634138|3830719 said:
It is crazy beautiful, DF! I forgot it had VSBF!!! :love: :love: :love: And wasn't there a question about whether it would get VS2? I know you must be thrilled with it! Great setting to show it off!
Yeah, when Yoram was polishing the rough he did gave an impression that it will come back from ASGL as an SI 1. The grade setting inclusion is a feather on the pavil which is 100% eye clean. I can only spot the feather with a 10X loupe.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay :appl: What a journey and what a great outcome. I love to see it set finally. The stone is amazing and the setting is just perfect for it.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I've been waiting for this!

Congratulations, DF! It is absolutely stunning and well worth the wait! :love: :love: :love:

What did Mrs DF say when she saw it? :naughty: Best thing about the tension setting is that it can't be resized, so hopefully she can't snaffle this one! :dance:

Aaaaaaaaaaand, I need to stop craning my neck to get a better view of your watch! :lol:

I think you need to make an appointment with Kenny for a photoshoot! Or, dare I even say it, an Octavia Orgy...? :naughty: :lol:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the additional photos, DF. I love the big face up (6951) one where we can see the faceting. It is mesmerising :love: :love: :appl: :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Just beautiful! Its is utterly suspended & it's just mesmerising!!! Amazing!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, thanks for sharing the incredible journey of your ring, from rough, through cutting and the finished ring. It is truly gorgeous as expected, and I hope you'll be very happy with it.

Where is kenny as I am certain he'll be very happy for you too?

Enjoy your ring and thanks for sharing! :love: :appl:

Now that this project is finished, what's next? :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

DK :))

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Woweeee! What a beaut! Thank you for sharing the progress, I love looking at the transformation!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results