shape
carat
color
clarity

2.30ct Mahenge Spinel Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Setting #2 - obviously made for a different shape stone, but with step cut traps

IMG_7725.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
side view of #2

IMG_7730.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, this is the best pic I have with the stone - it was a quite a feat just to get the stone to balance on the prongs!

IMG_7739.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sooo pretty!!!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
*wipes drool off her desk* Sooooo pretty!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
o.k., I''m convinced. I need to set my Mahenge sooner, rather than later.

Your stone is stunning, absolutely stunning, in a diamond setting. Can you order something that will fit?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG OMG OMG OMG Cellantani the settings are OUT OF THIS WORLD! Please set your Spinel in one like that - it''s simply breathtaking.

I have to ask ......... do you know if the settings are one off pieces because the cushion cut one you posted image 7725 is exactly what I''m looking for for my Sphene. If it''s not a one-off and you''re not going for it, would you mind telling me where I can get it and if you know the price, how much it is? I am seriously drooling over that setting.

You have such wonderful taste. I always admire your jewellery and I KNOW this is going to be one that is going to be a heart stopper.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thank you TravelingGal and MonkeyPie!

FlyGirl, you really should set your Mahenge spinel - it deserves it! I remember you were thinking about setting it in a flight pin or something like that?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 3:58:58 PM
Author: cellentani

FlyGirl, you really should set your Mahenge spinel - it deserves it! I remember you were thinking about setting it in a flight pin or something like that?
Well, now I''m thinking a ring. I ordered a LOGR, but it looks to be too small to me. I''ll have to take it into my jeweler this week and find out. The prong looks to be in the right spot, however, to cover the black spot in the stone.

MahengeLOGR8244.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 4:04:54 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 11/30/2009 3:58:58 PM

Well, now I''m thinking a ring. I ordered a LOGR, but it looks to be too small to me. I''ll have to take it into my jeweler this week and find out. The prong looks to be in the right spot, however, to cover the black spot in the stone.
From the top.

I like your setting much more than this one. I may just keep looking.

MahengeLOGR8242.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 3:06:33 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
OMG OMG OMG OMG Cellantani the settings are OUT OF THIS WORLD! Please set your Spinel in one like that - it''s simply breathtaking.

I have to ask ......... do you know if the settings are one off pieces because the cushion cut one you posted image 7725 is exactly what I''m looking for for my Sphene. If it''s not a one-off and you''re not going for it, would you mind telling me where I can get it and if you know the price, how much it is? I am seriously drooling over that setting.

You have such wonderful taste. I always admire your jewellery and I KNOW this is going to be one that is going to be a heart stopper.
Haha LD, I''m glad you like the settings - I''m posting the one remaining pic for you! The setting was at my local jewelers, and it''s not a brand name, but since I was mainly just checking out styles, I didn''t even check the price. If you want, I''d be happy to check on the price and get back to you. I definitely won''t be getting this particular setting, so I''d be happy to help you as much as I can!

IMG_7729.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Cellantani yes please! No rush. Tomorrow will be fine!!!

No seriously, I''m incredibly grateful and if you can find out the cost etc etc I''m in your debt.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 4:08:50 PM

From the top.

FlyGirl, what size is your spinel again? Will you just return the LOGR setting?

Part of me feels like these stones are so special they deserve a higher-end setting, but I admit that I keep checking out the lower cost LOGRs too.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 4:30:18 PM

Date: 11/30/2009 4:08:50 PM

Well, now I'm thinking a ring. I ordered a LOGR, but it looks to be too small to me. I'll have to take it into my jeweler this week and find out. The prong looks to be in the right spot, however, to cover the black spot in the stone.
From the top.

Part of me feels like these stones are so special they deserve a higher-end setting, but I admit that I keep checking out the lower cost LOGRs too.
It's between 7x5mm and 8x6mm. I'll probably just keep the LOGR for another 7x5 stone.

Yes, I'd love a higher end setting, but higher end settings are just going higher cost, what with the current gold prices. There is a window here of a few months, where existing settings, made with gold when it was at lower prices, will be a bargain.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 4:28:02 PM

No seriously, I''m incredibly grateful and if you can find out the cost etc etc I''m in your debt.
Okay LD, I called my jeweler, and the setting is 18K white gold with .25tcw traps. The additional diamonds in the halo and shank total .40ct. The retail price is $2902, but he usually discounts 40%-50%, so we''re looking at a range of $1,500 -$1,600. Let me know if you want any additional info.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2009 5:14:43 PM

Date: 11/30/2009 4:28:02 PM

Okay LD, I called my jeweler, and the setting is 18K white gold with .25tcw traps. The additional diamonds in the halo and shank total .40ct. The retail price is $2902, but he usually discounts 40%-50%, so we''re looking at a range of $1,500 -$1,600. Let me know if you want any additional info.
W
30.gif
W thank you so much! That''s a great price. Let me have a think. It''s such a shame there isn''t a PM facility on here!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 4:49:41 PM

Date: 11/30/2009 4:30:18 PM

It''s between 7x5mm and 8x6mm. I''ll probably just keep the LOGR for another 7x5 stone.

Yes, I''d love a higher end setting, but higher end settings are just going higher cost, what with the current gold prices. There is a window here of a few months, where existing settings, made with gold when it was at lower prices, will be a bargain.
I know what you mean. In fact, my jeweler said that the tags on one of the rings was old and didn''t reflect the current gold prices. Even so, I''m going to have to give this one some thought.

Post if you find an different LOGR that catches your eye - I''d love to see it.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
It''s BEAUTIFUL!!!
1502391nml1gf6xx4.gif

*sigh* you do take gorgeous pictures-- which just makes it that much more wonderful for our viewing pleasure
31.gif
yay for eye candy!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous setting!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! I love the setting with the traps and halo...it is unbelievable and just perfect for that Mahenge.
30.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I thought I had my mind made up, but now I''m not so sure. Which do you like better, step cut traps or brilliant cut?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 8:03:01 PM
Author: cushioncutnut

Date: 11/29/2009 6:46:54 PM
Author: mochi

Date: 11/29/2009 6:08:53 PM
9.gif

WOW!! This picture took my breath away!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Agreed! That could be on the cover of a photographers magazine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How KEWL!!!
There''s a shot for the book if ever I saw one!

That''s a Mahenge spinel? OK, that one sways me. Actually that one has picked me up by my bootstraps and is flinging me all over the room. It''s fabulous.

Made even more fabulous by the glorious photography!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 9:03:56 PM
Author: Gailey

That''s a Mahenge spinel? OK, that one sways me. Actually that one has picked me up by my bootstraps and is flinging me all over the room. It''s fabulous.

Oh gosh, thank you Gailey - I tell you though, that stone is so easy to photograph!

Do you have an opinion on the side traps?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
both settings are Divine.... but I absolutely think the first setting looks perfect on your beautiful hand!!!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 9:45:49 PM

Oh gosh, thank you Gailey - I tell you though, that stone is so easy to photograph!

Yup, but not running with the crowd as usual. I like the traps and I like the halo, just don''t like them together. Twin traps might be nice. French cut traps like the ones Diagem cut would be awesome. I''d post a picture of them but I''m tucked up in bed with Mr Gailey''s laptop, not mine.

Pst, pushed the button tonight on something similar but darker (and not a spinel).

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Of the two, I''d go with brilliant cut traps.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Just reviewed your thread again and I love the first setting
30.gif
, you should definitely go with some kind of traps.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wow good photography, great-looking gems:)

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 12:41:01 AM

Date: 12/2/2009 9:45:49 PM

Yup, but not running with the crowd as usual. I like the traps and I like the halo, just don''t like them together. Twin traps might be nice. French cut traps like the ones Diagem cut would be awesome. I''d post a picture of them but I''m tucked up in bed with Mr Gailey''s laptop, not mine.

Pst, pushed the button tonight on something similar but darker (and not a spinel).
Here are Dia Gem''s French cut traps:

french cut calibre traps 01.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a very pretty set Gailey.

I also like the telescoping baguettes in the other rectangular cut Mahenge spinel thread floating around here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results