shape
carat
color
clarity

2.3 ct OMC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AlyceC

Rough_Rock
After 4.5 years of dating and 1 year of waiting for it to come out of the safe, I can finally wear my engagment ring. Despite diligent research into purchasing a ring online, I ended up falling in love with this one in a B&M on vacation in Florida.

Here are the stats: 2.3 ct old mine cut diamond in a platinum setting (circa 1895). The diamonds on the side are 1 pt single cut stones. The diamond is I color VS2 clarity. My ring size is 4.

Not that the wedding is any time soon, but I''d love to hear suggestions on what type of wedding ring to go for. The setting is very low, so something flush isn''t possible. As you can see, the band is very narrow, so I''m worried about a wedding band being too overpowering.

Photo 39.jpg

AlyceC

Rough_Rock
Here is a side view.

Photo 47.jpg

AlyceC

Rough_Rock
This photo shows off the side view. BTW, I do wear the ring on my left hand, but I find it easier to photograph on my right hand.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooh...it''s lovely from what I can see, but I''m DYING for clearer pictures! Do you have a macro setting on your camera? (When it''s on, a little flower (tulip?) icon is displayed in the view finder...)

I so much love old rings...and a two-carat OMC? It just doesn''t get any better!

It''s hard to say much about a band without clearer pictures, but my first thought is that it should be simple, and you should "learn to love" a gap between the rings...unless you decide to wear them on different hands...lots of people do.

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 10:08:20 PM
Author: widget
Ooooooh...it''s lovely from what I can see, but I''m DYING for clearer pictures! Do you have a macro setting on your camera? (When it''s on, a little flower (tulip?) icon is displayed in the view finder...)

I so much love old rings...and a two-carat OMC? It just doesn''t get any better!

It''s hard to say much about a band without clearer pictures, but my first thought is that it should be simple, and you should ''learn to love'' a gap between the rings...unless you decide to wear them on different hands...lots of people do.

widget
Ooooh ditto, please show us a clear shot. OMC''s are right up my alley too. They are just the best!!!!!
36.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
It looks just gorgeous! I need more pictures though... AHHH! Haha. I love love love antique rings, so please, more pictures!

*M*

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Oooh I can''t wait to see better pics! Please tell us the story of how you found the ring. I think a custom made platinum, thin wedding band worn with the diamond would be lovely. Congrats!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a special beauty!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Must. See. More. Pictures!!!!

Foaming at the mouth here......

Congratulations on your engagement!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Must have more pics. From what I can tell, it looks to be a very lovely ring. And an OMC at that.
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second Widget''s post - that looks like a beauty and I would love to see some closer pics!!!

doobao

Shiny_Rock
18.gif
I wanna see pictures too

AlyceC

Rough_Rock

When I can find the charger for my camera, I can take some better pictures. My macro setting isn''t the most effective, but I can try. The pictures above were all taken with the built-in camera on my laptop. I''m attaching the best other pictures I can find right now.

To answer Fashionvictim''s question, I found the ring totally by accident. Over the years I have tried on every imaginable diamond shape, and with the exception of a Tiffany Lucida from a broken engagement, never put on a ring that really called to me. My FI and I had just finished a Caribbean cruise and we had time to kill during a layover in Fort Lauderdale. We were walking down the street and I saw a bunch of silver picture frames in a jewelry store window. I begged him to go in so I could get a frame for our formal portrait from the cruise. While my new frame was being wrapped up, I saw the ring on display. I couldn''t tell what the cut was, so I inquired about it. Once I tried the ring on, I didn''t want to take it off. Even though he had no intention of getting me a ring so soon, my FI caved and we bought the ring.

IMG_1843.jpg

AlyceC

Rough_Rock
Another picture

MyPicture-1.jpg

AlyceC

Rough_Rock
Another...

AC ring.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh -- I LOVE it!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful! congratulations on the engagement.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 10:08:20 PM
Author: widget

It''s hard to say much about a band without clearer pictures, but my first thought is that it should be simple, and you should ''learn to love'' a gap between the rings...unless you decide to wear them on different hands...lots of people do.

widget
ditto ditto ditto!!! My band idea would be to have a jacket made with two other equally thin bands that are fit to the ring.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

What a BEAUTIFUL ring!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone! That setting reminds me of a flower.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
YUM!!!
18.gif

*M*

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
KRAZEEE STUNNING.
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif
I can''t imagine how you lasted a year with that in a safe!!! I''d have been dreaming of it EVERY NIGHT ... so gorgeous & unusual &
30.gif
able.

Not sure about the band issue ... some folks have had special bands made with a gap that fits the basket of the stone. Or, embrace "the gap" and get a thin engraved or diamond band to wear alongside (thin being key). Or ... switch your e-ring to the RH after you wed & get whatever w-band you want. Saw a gorgeous new Tiffany pave vintagy ring this weekend ... maybe I can find a pix. I think it''s new ...

BTW--I know what you mean about the "didn''t want to take it off" ... that''s how my e-ring search worked too, B&M & all!
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay ... here''s the "stand alone" ring I *think* I saw this weekend at Tiffany''s ... it looks SO MUCH MORE DELICATE in person that I can hardly believe it''s the right picture ... but ... I''d guess it is -- they were both in the "new items" sections.

tiffswingring.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh! Stunning!!! More pics, pleases!!

cheers--Sharon

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 2:57:44 PM
Author: decodelighted
Okay ... here''s the ''stand alone'' ring I *think* I saw this weekend at Tiffany''s ... it looks SO MUCH MORE DELICATE in person that I can hardly believe it''s the right picture ... but ... I''d guess it is -- they were both in the ''new items'' sections.
oh I love it I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 4:31:26 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 3/21/2007 2:57:44 PM
Author: decodelighted
Okay ... here's the 'stand alone' ring I *think* I saw this weekend at Tiffany's ...
oh I love it I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This picture doesn't even do it justice really ... it was like a tiny string of pave shells or beans or something ... curved in a way that doesn't come across right here .. and TEENSY. Very authentically antique-looking!
30.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I shrunk the wedding band pix to try to show some semblence of how it looks in real life ...

teensypix.jpg

jfan

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring!
30.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Love it. What a very pretty stone. And you don''t see too many 2+ omc either. Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results