shape
carat
color
clarity

2.26 ct Emerald on my hand!

DahliaDante

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I've been lurking for a few months and finally got myself a beautiful forever ring! I divorced 1.5 years ago and missed my quality jewelry. My ex had bought me all my real jewelry, so earrings, wedding band, engagement ring all went into a box after the divorce. I have a new boyfriend (he's wonderful), but he's divorced too and said he'll be ready for engagement in a few years. I realized I don't want to wait that long to have a ring on my finger. I don't feel very passionately to get engaged, I have the man I want and our commitment is strong...but I don't like feeling judged by strangers. So I went looking to buy my own left hand ring. I wanted a quality jewelry piece NOT associated with a man. A piece that I could wear forever, regardless of my relationship status. Something I could pass to my daughter that wasn't tied to a relationship I had with a man that was not her dad.
And I have a job. A year after the divorce I am financially recovered. It felt empowering to buy my own jewelry. Not wait for a man to "surprise" me with jewelry and spend my time hoping I would like it whenever he decided to gift jewelry to me.

I initially wanted a diamond. But man o man are they expensive! Then I remembered I had a loose Emerald sitting at home, my mom had purchased it but never set it before she died.

I took the stone to a jeweler to have it appraised. Wow, the appraisal for the stone came back valued more than the cost of my engagement ring! This stone needed a setting, and it needed to be on my hand!

That's when I found Price scope.

And I became addicted.

And I decided I did not like any settings at the Mall chains, I liked all kinds of settings that mall chains don't carry. But pricescope gave me courage to have a custom setting created based on the online pictures!

ring.jpg

And now it's on my hand and I lovvveeeee it!
So thank you! Experts, and gemologists, and people that know about fine jewelry! I am hooked to colored gemstones now...this wont be my last custom piece!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DahliaDante, congratulations on your new life and your beautiful ring! I absolutely love the color and shape of your stone. Can you tell us more about who did the setting for you? I love how it makes the emerald the center of attention while being protective and elegantly classic.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You seem to be in a great place emotionally. I think a left hand ring was a brilliant idea. Something to help remind you of your commitment to yourself and to being a stronger, happier person. I love your new ring! It's stunning! I'd love to know more about the emerald (carat weight, dimensions, etc).

And more pics please!!! :kiss2:

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s a beautiful ring! I too would love to see more pictures. Your emerald looks beautifully glowy.

DahliaDante

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I'm actually not sure who made it, I went to an independent jewelry store and they kind of sounded very confident about doing custom, they said it would take a month, the price was in my budget- so I proceeded and found out they had to send it out. So I'm not sure who made the setting.
Below is the inspiration picture. My setting came out a tad different, the leaves on the side do not come up to the sides of the stone as I had hoped. I thought the leaves would protect the long sides of the emerald somewhat. Instead, my emerald is fully exposed, and the leaves come up to a bar that holds the stone in place. But I'm not complaining, this is an educational journey, and I have a very unique setting that you don't see very often!
for stats:
8.41 x 6.93 x 6.03mm
clarity slightly included, type III (?), very slightly bluish green color, cut is good.

Honestly, after lurking on pricescope so long, I've come to WANT flaws in my stone. I see it as personality characteristics. Something that makes my stone unique and different from everyone else's.
I used to want 'perfect" diamond, or as close as my man could afford to get- but now on this forum, I see how each stone has its unique properties. And I like that.

So I can see a whispy white feather when looking at the short end of my stone, not visible from above, just looking at it from the side. But now, I find the "flaw" endearing. like it's MY stone. And I could pick it out of a lineup.
upload_2018-6-8_14-53-55.png

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone! Very clean and saturated.

And your whole post is wonderful.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your gorgeous new ring and, even more importantly, on your new life!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s absolutely beautiful! It sounds like a piece with a lot of meaning too.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love its glowy bluish green!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful emerald and gorgeous ring. Wear it in good health.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it, and it is very special for several reasons, starting with it being from your mom. It's a wonderful way to remember her, have something that makes you happy, show how strong you are, and also pass down to your daughter.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that is truly an heirloom piece. Congratulations on finally buying a special ring for yourself, especially since it connects you to your mom. Please take good care of it and make it last forever!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is beautiful, congratulations on it and your new life!

DahliaDante

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! I'm taking super care with this ring. I am only wearing it socially. It is my first colored stone piece, I always thought I liked diamonds "because they match your clothes", but this emerald is very vibrant! But this green stone...I'm not used to it and my eyes keep following my hand movements.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yummy ring and so glad you did this for yourself - congrats!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It truly is exceptional. Well done!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results