shape
carat
color
clarity

2.22ct Cushion LM RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
Okay.....I have a beautiful 2.22ct cushion in Leon''s hand for a RHR, but I''m totally torn among three different settings. One is a simple pave shank w/o halo, just like tiger007g’s but stone set N/S , the second one is HW micropave-ish halo with thin pave shank, the third is classic 5-stone ring, with halfmoons and bullets side stones.
I flipped between these settings many times in the past three weeks, lost countless nights of sleep and almost drove Leon crazy.
emdgust.gif
I think it''s about time for me to hear what my fellow Pricescopers say.

First of all, the spec of my stone:
CUSHION BRILLIANT
Weight....................2.22 carat
Measurements…........8.82 x 7.40 x 4.85 mm
Depth......................65.5%
Table.......................56%
Polish.......................EXCELLENT
Symmetry.................EXCELLENT
Clarity Grade..............VS1
Color Grade...............F
Fluorescence.............NONE
My ring size is 4.5

The original idea was to have a halo ring like the HW micropave. However, I’m afraid the center stone is a little bit too big for a halo. That’s when tiger007’s ring came to mind.

3.08 OMC.jpg

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
I also like the clean and classic look of a 5-stone ring.

r513-20W.jpg

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
Here is my cushion with side stones Leon found for me. The bullets here are too big, need to be recut.

834-5-st ring_003a.jpg

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I have to totally agree with you! I love halos, but that kind of stone will be spectacular in a setting like the one pictured---it is definitely big enough to stand alone!! I''m in the process of buying a similar sized asscher and have been struggling (in the best way) with the setting.

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
So, what do you gals think? Halo? No Halo? Classic 5 stones?

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
This 5 stone ring is pretty freakin'' spectacular, though.....it would be a traffic stopper......
18.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the 5 stone. clean and classy

(and big and sparkly!)

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG....your diamond is just beautiful, and this project is SOOOOOO exciting!

I vote for no halo...that nice big diamond doesn''t need one, and it might even detract a bit from the beauty of the diamond.

The rest of the mounting is so much a matter of personal taste. I''d go for either a simple pave, or two sidestones. To me, anyway, four sidestones might be too much.

Whatever you ultimately decide, it will be just fabulous....

widget

PS: I take it back...four sidestones are OK, but I''d want the outside ones to be WAY smaller!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
no halo vote here!
10.gif

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
It''s such a soothing feeling to read all the replies here. My exciting project is already driving my family crazy; everyone rolls eyes when I start asking "classic or micropave?" "halo or no halo?"

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!! Is that *YOUR* actual stone in the middle of all those Leon-selected sidestones?????? TO DIE FOR!!!

I vote Tiger007's setting exactly as it is ... your 2.22 would probably look much like that on your size 4.5 finger!! And that is a KNOCK OUT LOOK!!!!!!

silly p.s. --- 222 is my fave # ... you are so LUCKY!!!!

ETA: I'm fantasizing this a.m. as I wait for the BOILER repairman to show up ... tending my ha! FIRE ... I think Tiger's ring is one of the few on PS I'd trade for .. no questions asked. Maybe Widget's Asscher too ...
3.gif
Now how do I convince them they're not getting robbed blind? Whitewashing the fence is FUN!!! Super FUN!!
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you have to ask yourself what "look" you are wanting.

The first is simple and classy. (probably my preference)

The second is mucho blingo, but still tasteful, very pretty.

The third is more like the second. My least favorite.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well you are not alone in your indecision. you''ve got 3 amazingly beautiful choices and I can easily see why it would be so hard to choose. I really do love them all but my vote also goes to the 5 stone for a RHR. if this were an e-ring I *may* feel differently but I love the multiple stone look on the RH.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Nocturnes, I love that 5-stone ring with the smaller bullets. The sidestones really complement the cushion well - it looks clean and fluid. I also think you get more bang for your buck with sidestones. The pave is expensive and is hard to size if your fingers should change (weight loss/gain, pregnancy, etc.). Congrats!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I''m jumping back in to take back any reservations I expressed about the 5-stone combo. I was thinking Ering, and didn''t notice that you''re talking about a RHR...

I think I like the 5-stone best now, because it looks less like an E-ring!

(Who am I kidding...ANY of these choices would be fabulous...that cushion is to die for!
3.gif
30.gif
)

widget

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is going to be outstanding!!!!
3.gif

I have a copy of that ring saved for future possibilites Can''t wait to see your finished product.

Absolutely beautiful....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Nocturnes ... did you have a thread about picking that stone?? Where you got it? etc etc It is a STUNNER. I can''t stop coming back for more peeks!!!!

As to the continued RHR debate ... I still just don''t dig the 5-stone ... the difference in cut patterns between the cushion & the half moons bothers me. HOWEVER -- I came up with a new way to make TIGER''s more RHR-ish ... split crown/split shank ... gently curving up to that SWEET BABY!!! Pave, or even plain glossy platinum ... or engraved platinum (wheat pattern perhaps? Chevron?)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 10:26:04 AM
Author: decodelighted
HOWEVER -- I came up with a new way to make TIGER''s more RHR-ish ... split crown/split shank ... gently curving up to that SWEET BABY!!! Pave, or even plain glossy platinum ... or engraved platinum (wheat pattern perhaps? Chevron?)
That would be sweet. Love split shanks...

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: decodelighted
.... that stone...is a STUNNER. I can''t stop coming back for more peeks!!!!

LOL Me too, Deco!!

...the 5-stone ... the difference in cut patterns between the cushion & the half moons bothers me.

Funny you should mention this...I was thinking the same thing...

widget

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still like the halo look, even in the size you are talking about. Or, I like the stone on a pave abdn or a paved split shank. The 5 stone seems too engagement ring like to me, but that is just my opinion. I love the halo look, and have a stone that is a little over nine carats that I was going to halo...I just would not want my RHR to mimic an engagement ring too much. Anything Leon does is amazing though.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 9:38:49 AM
Author: nocturnes
Here is my cushion with side stones Leon found for me. The bullets here are too big, need to be recut.
do this one!!!!!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
te:[/b] 3/13/2007 10:39:05 AM
Author: widget
...the 5-stone ... the difference in cut patterns between the cushion & the half moons bothers me.
widget
[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing too, but then I looked back at the LM ring that is already set. The 5 stones are not all on the same plane, which helps your eye with that cut difference. When the stones are lined up in the same plane, the cut variation is obvious.

I'm not an expert, but I would imagine the 5 stones would look good together once the bullets are swapped out and they are set. I'm sure LM wouldn't create something that looked odd....

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I like the 5-stone look in the LM ring picture, but in the picture with your stone, I think the sides (both the half-moons and the bullets) are too big. They seem to compete with your stone.

I''d go smaller on the sides.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 10:43:09 AM
Author: aljdewey
I like the 5-stone look in the LM ring picture, but in the picture with your stone, I think the sides (both the half-moons and the bullets) are too big. They seem to compete with your stone.

I''d go smaller on the sides.
yeh, i''d go smaller on the all the sides too, not just the bullets.

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
Decodelighted, you won''t believe it, Leon found the stone for me! As I''m super long distance from Leon (in Asia), when I called Leon and told him I wanted to have a RHR in cushion, he expressed his big concern after heard my idea of buying center stone over the internet. He said it''s a zoo there for cushion, and I truly wouldn''t want to mess up with it as I wouldn''t have a chance to see the stone in person.

So it''s super nice of Leon that he called in stones, looked at stones for me himself, sent me pictures, then I discussed over the phone with him with pictures in front of me. Picking up the final stone was another hard decision as he found me THREE fabulous stones; one of them squarish antique cushion with chunky facets, two super cut elongated ones. I had to make decision within one weekend, you could imagine it was a super tough decision. However, I''m happy with my final stone even though I gave up that chunky facet one.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 10:42:33 AM
Author: starryeyed

Date: 3/13/2007 10:39:05 AM
Author: widget
widget
I was thinking the same thing too, but then I looked back at the LM ring that is already set. The 5 stones are not all on the same plane, which helps your eye with that cut difference. When the stones are lined up in the same plane, the cut variation is obvious.

I'm not an expert, but I would imagine the 5 stones would look good together once the bullets are swapped out and they are set. I'm sure LM wouldn't create something that looked odd....
my thoughts exactly. as long as the stones are the right proportion, and the sides are actually angled on the sides like in the leon picture, i think it works. when i first saw the loose stones lined up, on the first look, i would have swore that they were a different cut from the original leon. it took several looks to realize that the difference was in the angle and the way they were set and not the cut. again, i think the proportion and angle is key. but as you said starryeyed, i don't think leon would create something that looked odd.

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for all the replies. You gals just spoke out what''s in my mind. When I saw the picture of the loose stones, I felt the halfmoons and the bullets were way too big. I like the proportion in Leon''s picture much more, so I told Leon I wanted smaller side stones. However, Leon insisted the halfmoons were in right size, just the bullets needed to be recutted. I am so afraid the halfmoons will compete with the center stone. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!

By the way, I still like tiger007''s ring a lot. I guess I''ll pass halo (for today), and just think between tiger007''s and the 5-stone ring.

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
35.gif
How long is it going to take Leon to create your ring? I also have a five stone ring in the works with him. He quoted me 4 to 6 weeks. That was on 2/15. The waiting is killing me!
40.gif

I like the 5 stone idea (obviously). I think you will be very happy with what Leon creates for you. He has a wonderful sense of balance, aesthetic appeal and artistry. He won''t dissapoint.

Keep us posted and puhlease....post pictures when you get your beauty!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
That LEON has an amazing eye! He picked out a WINNER in that cushion -- it LITERALLY makes my MOUTH WATER!!! JEALOUSY: thy name is DECO
27.gif
7.gif

Did Leon charge a search fee or a retail markup or how did that work exactly (no need obviously for figures ... I'm just ahem researching like 50 years in advance) *slinking off to play Lotto*

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
Ladylulu, which shape is your center stone? I''m soooo excited for you, it must be very pretty!

Leon also quoted me 4-6 weeks, but I haven''t even decided the setting I want to go for!
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results