shape
carat
color
clarity

2.22ct Cushion LM RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
Decodelighted, it was extremely kind of Leon to call in stones for me, maybe because I am super long distance. After he gave me the spec of the stones, I was able to find the exact ones on several internet venders'' list. So I checked GIA certificates before making my final decision.

The price I paid was even a little less than the cheapest list price from any internet vender, obviously Leon didn''t put any surcharge on it. I think Leon doesn''t call in stones for customers on a regular basis, but it won''t hurt to ask. On a side note, the vender Leon got my stone for me doesn''t provide any upgrade policy. Therefore it might be better to deal with some reputable venders with upgrade policy such as Mark T.

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
Well, my center stone is a 3.24 ct. emerald cut. I actually met with Leon in his studio and we selected the side stones. .90 in step cut trapezoids and .51 in bullets. I am really excited about it. Thanks for asking!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might be alone on this one, but I think the bigger half moons make it look more like a RHR and less like an E-ring. Absolutely agree about the bullets being too big though.

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
Lady Lulu, your ring will be a stunner. Congratulations! Don''t forget to post hand shots when you receive your LM beauty.

I kind of feel I picked up an "in-between" size -- too big for halo, yet a little small for 3 or 5 stone ring.

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
nocturnes:

Your cushion is SPECTACULAR! And this LM setting is my absolute fave. Clean, fluid, and elegant (in a blinding, clock-stopping, "hey, look at me!" way, which is a very good thing). Can''t wait to see what you decide.
1.gif

-J

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 12:27:29 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
I might be alone on this one, but I think the bigger half moons make it look more like a RHR and less like an E-ring. Absolutely agree about the bullets being too big though.

oh, wait... that''s a really good point.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
For me, 4 sidestones is not a clean look. I find it way too busy. I would do only 2 sidestones on none at all.

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
16.gif
I don''t think it is too small for a five stone. You have a 4.5 ring size with a 2.22 cushion. Everything is proportional. That is a good sized rock on a fairly small finger! I think it would be quite impressive and beautiful whether you went with the halo or the five stone. No matter what you decide, Leon is going to create a work of art that you will be proud to wear. It is going to be perfect for you.

I knew from the beginning that I wanted at least a three stone ring. I have fairly large hands, very long fingers and am a size 7.50. Coverage is important and necessary; and, that was one of the first things Leon pointed out to me. So, I picked a larger center stone (much to my husband''s chagrin
31.gif
). But I feel good about it. I think once it is set with the other stones it will be a classic that I will never want to take off my hand. I know yours will be.
28.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG...I am dying over here looking at your cushion and the side stones! They are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I say go 5 stone all the way! That ring is TO DIE FOR and I think, once set, the half moon diamonds will look perfect...I mean, if Leon Mege says the half moons are the right size, they''re the right size, you know? Not to be dramatic, but he is truly an artistic genius.

I think the 5 stone ring is an amazing design and I think it''s perfect for a RHR...or an engagement ring, for that matter. I do love Tiger007''s east/west cushion (and have pics of it saved for future reference
11.gif
) but I would still choose the 5 stone ring over it.

And one more time: THAT CUSHION IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
that 5 stone is stunningly gorgeous
I saved that picture in my idea file.

Love it. I also think the half moons are perfect and
I don''t see the bullets as too big, but I''m not the one
to ask about that

can''t wait to see this beauty. That cushion
is perfection, exactly what I would like to have.
How was it described on the cert - modified or
cushion brilliant?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I love this five stone look.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 4:45:06 PM
Author: sevens one
I love this five stone look.
Me too, it''s going to be fabulous!!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

That's the sound of my gasping for breath. Now THAT is fabuous modern cushion!!!! It is stunning!!!! And the spread on that puppy is really ideal. I say set it to show off its shape...I have to say that that is one of the first pix I've seen that really capture the beauty of this cut! Congrats!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
The five stone....falls over
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your cushion is gorgeous!!! (I''d love to see the link to the antique square one if you have it!)

I''d honestly go with 2 side stones instead of 4, but I am sure it will be gorgeous with Leon doing it!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 11:12:45 AM
Author: nocturnes
Thanks so much for all the replies. You gals just spoke out what''s in my mind. When I saw the picture of the loose stones, I felt the halfmoons and the bullets were way too big. I like the proportion in Leon''s picture much more, so I told Leon I wanted smaller side stones. However, Leon insisted the halfmoons were in right size, just the bullets needed to be recutted. I am so afraid the halfmoons will compete with the center stone. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!
Honestly, I think it''s more important to worry about what YOU think is right, seeing that you''ll be the one wearing it.

The ratio of sides to center has more to do with ''preference'' than what''s ''right'' or ''wrong'', so if it doesn''t suit your preference, I''d speak up sooner rather than later.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please call Leon tomorrow and let him know how you feel. He can find you smaller one''s no problem. But you have to speak up!!!
2.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looove the 5-stone setting and that cushion is unbelievable. Leave it to Leon to find something as wonderful as that! I agree that the bullets are a little too large. The half-moons are awesome.

jcu1276

Rough_Rock
No Halo gets my vote. The cushion is so cute by itself.

That is why I decided to keep my simple and clean.

-JC

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
No halo, your stone doesn''t need it. As for a 5-stone ring, I''d be very tempted as LM does them so perfectly.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
any choice you make will be spectacular!!! leon is a master...i would def. do the 5 stone--its classy and drop dead GORGEOUS!!!!!! i agree about the bullets. a bit smaller and they''ll be perfect.

nocturnes

Rough_Rock
Thank you girls so much for all the replies and valuable input. I just told Leon that I''d go for the 5-stone ring. He laughed and said "Oh, you made up your mind, that quick?"

Anyway, I stressed my worry about the proportion of side stones to center stone; Leon told me to relax and confirmed my ring will look exactly like the ring in the picture I posted. So.....I guess I''ll trust Leon the Master and start the long 4-6 weeks of waiting.

widget

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 11:19:44 AM
Thank you girls so much for all the replies and valuable input. I just told Leon that I''d go for the 5-stone ring. He laughed and said ''Oh, you made up your mind, that quick?''

Anyway, I stressed my worry about the proportion of side stones to center stone; Leon told me to relax and confirmed my ring will look exactly like the ring in the picture I posted. So.....I guess I''ll trust Leon the Master and start the long 4-6 weeks of waiting.
there you go.
2.gif

can''t wait to see it!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY, I cannot wait to see the finished product. that design is one of my favorite''s of his and it will be so cool to see real life hand shots...

4-6 weeks and counting...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 11:19:44 AM
Thank you girls so much for all the replies and valuable input. I just told Leon that I''d go for the 5-stone ring. He laughed and said ''Oh, you made up your mind, that quick?''

9.gif

I can''t wait to see your beauty!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results