shape
carat
color
clarity

2.01 Round Reset in Hexagonal or Squared Halo?

Egerry6

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone- :angel: Looking for some advice. I have a 2.01 round that I would like to reset in a cushion, squared or octagonal halo. I am trying to avoid the custom route frankly because I'm scared to. I have talked to quite a few jewelers in town and no one has been very helpful. So, my questions are

1. Who is the best on line retailer to deal with for a more modern, not delicate halo setting (I have seen quite a few Simon G pieces that I admire but I had a bad experience trying to work out a custom Simon G setting with a local retailer so I gave up)
2. Do you think I should pursue a ready made setting over custom? I would love to incorporate the 4 small (.30) diamonds in my band into a custom halo but don't feel confident that I would be 100% happy.

Here is my current setting. The whole reset process started because the bar set diamonds in my band continue to come loose and an entire band rework has been recommended.

img_0778.jpg

I so appreciate any input. I've been spinning my wheels for quite some time trying to determine the path to take.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What is your budget? That will make a big difference in recommendations. As well as inspiration pictures!

why not use the diamonds in your band for a whole new band? Add a couple stones for a 6 or 7 stone band :naughty:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Egerry6|1479349062|4099532 said:
Hello everyone- :angel: Looking for some advice. I have a 2.01 round that I would like to reset in a cushion, squared or octagonal halo. I am trying to avoid the custom route frankly because I'm scared to. I have talked to quite a few jewelers in town and no one has been very helpful. So, my questions are

1. Who is the best on line retailer to deal with for a more modern, not delicate halo setting (I have seen quite a few Simon G pieces that I admire but I had a bad experience trying to work out a custom Simon G setting with a local retailer so I gave up)
2. Do you think I should pursue a ready made setting over custom? I would love to incorporate the 4 small (.30) diamonds in my band into a custom halo but don't feel confident that I would be 100% happy.

Here is my current setting. The whole reset process started because the bar set diamonds in my band continue to come loose and an entire band rework has been recommended.

img_0778.jpg

I so appreciate any input. I've been spinning my wheels for quite some time trying to determine the path to take.

I don't know your budget, but if I were looking for a modern, not delicate octagon halo- I'd do Caysie Van Bebber's Astrid Halo.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/399188075/the-cvb-id-victorian-style-octagonal?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=cvb%20id&ref=sr_gallery_6

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results