shape
carat
color
clarity

2.01 Round Brilliant Halo Setting Search

brbarrett

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a 2.01 H SI1 triple excellent and am now trying to find the perfect setting to match.

She has tried on and likes a Catherine Ryder split shank with cushion style halo. Picture is attached.

The only thing that is holding me back from making the purchase is the $3550. Seems to me as just a large amount of markup.

What are your suggestions?

ja1181.png

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Hi OP? Is that setting hand forged or cad/cast? Seems like not a big markup for the craftsmanship and the melee halo and melee on the shank. The melee are likely high quality ones of excellent cut, f/g color, and VS (but verify). Also, is the metal platinum? I think the price is quite reasonable if its platinum with high quality melee and hand forged. But, there are others who are more experienced in settings, so...hopefully someone could chime in? I would edit those prongs though! A nice eagle claw or slim double claw would be wow.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, that's not at all expensive for pave.

Pave setting is delicate time consuming work. Through our best quality vendors on here you could easily pay 5500 for that same style.

You don't want cheap pave.

It will lose stones and you will have to keep replacing them. Or not wear the ring.

Halos are expensive. Because skilled labor to set those stones is expensive.

If you want lifetime quality, you have to pony up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results