carat
color
clarity

1ct OEC Flower pendant

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink Tower said:
That is beautiful. Please post some neck shots; we cannot wait to see. It is hard to get a sense of size/perspective in those shots. One Carat is what I would consider very large for a pendant, so it must be stunning.

Thanks! I have this photo of it with my ering which is 6.2mm. The OEC is cut deep so faces up smaller, about 5.8 mm i'd estimate. Still, I imagine the whole pendant will be quite large since the flowers will lend a lot of size too.

file.jpg
file.jpg

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it turned out quite lovely!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My husband likes to say, "There is always an engineering solution." Talk about proving him right!

That is an ingeniously designed, aesthetically stunning piece. I cannot wait to see more pictures!

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
the necklace is gorgeous! very unique and elegant :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How cool that you were able to mask the inclusion in such a lovely way. It's so unique and beautiful!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I love how this turned out. It's just beautiful.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wahop. It shipped today.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I can't wait to see more photos - what a good way to hide the inclusion. And I love his jewellery!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is very pretty :appl:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful. Congratulations.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo.....

I bought this stone from a private seller through an auction site. The seller wasn't a jeweler, and was told by their jeweler it was 1 ct E color I3. I negotiated a price, and bought it since they had a good return policy. When I received it, I didn't think it was 1ct when I compared it to my ering diamond, I thought it was more like 3/4 ct. (The color seemed right compared to my diamond side to side) But the crown is high so I figured maybe it faces up smaller, and maybe it's shy of a carat. Anyways, I renegotiated the price after seeing the stone was smaller in person than expected, and ended up paying 400$ for the stone (originally listed at 1k).
I couldn't weigh it at the time because I would have had to take it out of the setting and then I wouldn't be able to return it.

Anyways, I had Patrick weigh it before setting it. And my guestimate was right, the stone is actually .71ct and not 1. The color and clarity were right on. I'm a little bummed because 1ct would be awesome, but I suspected the seller over-estimated the weight and I'm still comfortable with the price I paid so I'm not very mad about it.

So yeah, I guess the title of this thread should be ".71 ct OEC flower pendant" Haha. Sorry!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a great price! I wish I could find a deal like that. I'm a bit jealous now!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also just wanted to say that Patrick is a DREAM to work with. A fantastic professional!
I originally approached him saying that I needed to hide an inclusion in a diamond, and that I adored his hydrangea necklaces. He came up with the way to set the diamond into his flowers, and I think he did a beautiful job (at least based on photos!)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Such a pretty pendant, MTG! I love the creative way you hid the inclusion. It looks like it should be gorgeous! I love Patrick Irla's hydrangea jewelry. Can't wait to see it on you!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
MTG it's gorgeous!!! And even though it's less than a carat, I think it's still a great deal - and the size looks perfect with the flowers. Love, love, love it!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks BEG. Patrick molded the flowers to be a complimentary size. I'm actually worried the piece will be too big as a whole.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I love it! :love:

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
That turned out great, MTG! I love the two-tone, I think it gives it nice definition.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful!!! :appl:

ludmila.k

Shiny_Rock
I ADORE YOUR PENDANT :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
It's really beautifull

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Now that is what I call inventive! It is beautiful!! :appl:

:wavey:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
That is truly a work of art... just lovely. Wow, it is sooooo beautiful! Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results