shape
carat
color
clarity

18k gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Hello All, I am wondering if 18k yellow gold looks different then 14k yellow gold. If so, would any of you be so kind to post some pictures so that I could see the difference. I am thinking about resetting my ring and was looking at settings but I do not care for white metals. It appears that 18k would be my only option if going to buy on line. However I would like to see what it looks like first. I also do not like the very bright looking gold, so I don''t know if I will care for it or not. Also if it does look the same as 14k, would I be able to wear it next to a 14k band. And how does it hold up as far as durability issues?

Thanks for you help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have a 14k yellow gold wedding band, I would get the other ring in 14k as well. 18k does look a deeper gold color than 14k. I am sure many of the jewelers can order rings in 14k even if they are not pictured that way on the website. Call and ask.

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
I was trying to stick with vendors that I have read about on here. I found one that I liked with Blue Nile and I emailed them and was told they will only sell 18k. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find 14k mountings. I have been searching on the internet but so far I haven''t found anything plus I worry if it is a trustworthy site. Thanks.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
18k yellow gold does have a richer tone to it (a ''deeper'' yellow). Some people prefer 18k because of the higher gold content. It''s slightly softer but still durable. DiamondSeeker''s advice on yg bands is sound; stick with the same metal if you want them to match. If you have a specific item in mind many jewelers have toll-free numbers you can call to make the inquiry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results