Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

18k gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Hello All, I am wondering if 18k yellow gold looks different then 14k yellow gold. If so, would any of you be so kind to post some pictures so that I could see the difference. I am thinking about resetting my ring and was looking at settings but I do not care for white metals. It appears that 18k would be my only option if going to buy on line. However I would like to see what it looks like first. I also do not like the very bright looking gold, so I don''t know if I will care for it or not. Also if it does look the same as 14k, would I be able to wear it next to a 14k band. And how does it hold up as far as durability issues?

Thanks for you help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have a 14k yellow gold wedding band, I would get the other ring in 14k as well. 18k does look a deeper gold color than 14k. I am sure many of the jewelers can order rings in 14k even if they are not pictured that way on the website. Call and ask.

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
I was trying to stick with vendors that I have read about on here. I found one that I liked with Blue Nile and I emailed them and was told they will only sell 18k. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find 14k mountings. I have been searching on the internet but so far I haven''t found anything plus I worry if it is a trustworthy site. Thanks.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
18k yellow gold does have a richer tone to it (a ''deeper'' yellow). Some people prefer 18k because of the higher gold content. It''s slightly softer but still durable. DiamondSeeker''s advice on yg bands is sound; stick with the same metal if you want them to match. If you have a specific item in mind many jewelers have toll-free numbers you can call to make the inquiry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.