shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got a new ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

toozy929

Rough_Rock
Trade
My grandfather was one of my favorite people in the world. In March 2009, he passed away. I miss him terribly. He left my husband and I some money. My husband knew that someday I really wanted a three stone ring and we wanted to do something lasting with the money we were given. So, we started the process of buildling a ring. What started in April ended about a week ago. It''s a 1.00 carat center stone with .30s on each side. I have three girls - 10, 9, and 7. This ring will be passed down for many years to come. I couldn''t be happier with our decision. It means the world to me that both my grandfather and my husband both had such a huge part in this ring.

mypalladiumring9.JPG

toozy929

Rough_Rock
Trade
Here''s another

mypalladiumring10.JPG

toozy929

Rough_Rock
Trade
My band was my grandmother''s ring. It''s yellow gold, but I think they look fine together. Thanks for letting me post. I hope I posted this in the right forum - (I''m not even sure)!

mypalladiumring11.JPG

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Your wedding set is beautiful and is a wonderful way for you to honor your grandfather!

toozy929

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much. Oh, the diamonds are all GIA, G, SI1. My center stone doesn''t have a great face up spread
40.gif
, but I purchased it before I knew about pricescope and I''ve missed the 30 day return on that one by a week probably...

toozy929

Rough_Rock
Trade
one more

mypalladiumring12.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, what a lovely, sentimental set! I love it, and it should make you feel good every time you look at it. Grandparents are such special people, and that is a special set toozy.

I''m so sorry you lost your grandpa.
emrose.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring with an even lovelier memory behind it!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your beautiful ring! love the proportions
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 2:48:30 PM
Author: omieluv
Your wedding set is beautiful and is a wonderful way for you to honor your grandfather!
I couldn''t have said it better.

Your ring is beautiful.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
The ring is lovely, and so is the sentiment behind it. Wear it and think happily of your grandpa when you do!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely way to remember your grandfather... And the rinf is stunning, may you wear it in joy and happiness holding fond memories.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
How beautiful and special.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think that this is a wonderful way to honor the memory of your grandparents! May you remember them fondly every time you look upon your beautiful wedding set...

toozy929

Rough_Rock
Trade
You guys are so awesome. I''m getting misty!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! What a wonderful story and what a wonderful set. Congrats!!!
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and beautiful story - thanks for sharing and enjoy the ring!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is lovely and there is such a nice symbolism behind it. Sorry for your loss.

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
Wow. What a beautiful way to celebrate the life of your grandparents! I hope you wear it in good health!!

36.gif

(as a complete side note...could i ask your ring size for perspective?)

toozy929

Rough_Rock
Trade
Waitingpatiently, I definitely do not have a small finger size. I''m tall with long fingers and wear a 6 1/2 ring. I think a 2 carat center with .50s on each side would have been perfect for the size of my hand, but alas the budget doesn''t permit!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
What a great set of special rings!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings and a beautiful story behind them. Thank You for sharing!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring! And you will always think of your grandfather when you look at it.
5.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
i''m so sorry to hear about your loss. however, your set is gorgeous and what a great way to honor them both! thank you for sharing!
36.gif

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
your ring is gorgeous! I love the idea of passing down each stone to each daughter.

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful! What is most wonderful about it is the meaning behind it, I think those are the most *precious* of gems!

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely story and I love how you chose to pay tribute to someone so special in your life. Every time you look at that ring you will think of him and smile - who could ask for a more wonderful remembrance?

Also - it''s funny, but your new ring looks like it was made to match your grandmother''s ring... fate!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Toozy that is a lovely ring and a lovely way to remember your grandfather, I too had a beautiful grandfather and miss him terribly still after 18 years. I have a gold padlock bracelet (topaz heart), this was something my husband purchased in memory of my grandfather for me.
35.gif

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
that is such a beautiful ring and a lovely memory of your grandfather to pass down.

30.gif

35.gif

db

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results