shape
carat
color
clarity

1215 and Diamond Nexus scam

Jayde Burns

Rough_Rock
Do NOT purchase from this company they will change their policy after they have told you something else.

I purchased a DN ring with the promise I could trade up to a 1215 as long as I spent double the amount. I agreed and sent it back.

I called to complete the purchase and was told the policy had changed. That they could only credit me for the stone and not the setting. They said i could only upgrade the ring to another DN ring.

I told them this was not only a bait and switch but it didn't make sense since diamond nexus doesn't sell settings and both of the rings are real gold.

So long story short.. I could get a stone but couldn't get a setting to put the ring in. SCAM!!! IM NOW STUCK WITH THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE OVER PRICED RING.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have absolutely no idea what your post was trying to convey.
I mean - other than that you’re unhappy.
Got that. In spades.

When you use the words “stone”, “ring”, and “setting”, which parts of the below do you mean? Please download the image, label, and re-upload your edited version.
The way you’re using these terms is not the way I (or anyone else here) uses them, so let’s start by speaking the same language.

(Photo from Tiffany)
91B348B8-974F-4EC7-8DCB-85EDE79682F6.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you have something in writing ie email correspondence?
the Diamond Nexus site does currently say they offer a trade up policy but it states that it excludes lab diamonds.
you can trade up as per the policy only with another diamond Nexus diamond / setting.
Looking at Diamond Nexus prices, most the money is in the setting, not the stone, so why don’t you buy a lab diamond upgrade and have that put into your original setting. BE0A3EB5-5061-4710-B105-052B3C14434A.jpeg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think DiamondNexus is a synthetic stone? Not a diamond but a diamond hybrid?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Scientific testing performed back in 2007 / 2008 on this product, based on a Google search, is that the consensus was ordinary Cubic Zirconia. There is some unproven claim that a couple trace elements have been added, but it isn't a diamond at all. So, this is really not a subject for this forum although the misunderstanding of what DN is, based on looking at the website, is understandable and unfortunate.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
if they are not selling diamonds, then why their company/website name is Diamond Nexus? I think they aim to fool people. Is it worth to report them to the BBB?

There are some very beautiful pieces on IG (not from Diamond Nexus) but from general IG sellers. Some of those beautiful pieces are not diamond at all. Some are lab grown, some are pastes (whatever this is) and some are plain rock crystal. My line of inquiry (if I'm interested at all in buying) would be more than just how much but more like is it real diamond.

It's what some people call progress. I call it the dynamic of life.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Do NOT purchase from this company they will change their policy after they have told you something else.

I purchased a DN ring with the promise I could trade up to a 1215 as long as I spent double the amount. I agreed and sent it back.

I called to complete the purchase and was told the policy had changed. That they could only credit me for the stone and not the setting. They said i could only upgrade the ring to another DN ring.

I told them this was not only a bait and switch but it didn't make sense since diamond nexus doesn't sell settings and both of the rings are real gold.

So long story short.. I could get a stone but couldn't get a setting to put the ring in. SCAM!!! IM NOW STUCK WITH THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE OVER PRICED RING.

I'm sorry OP. Next time, ask whether it is a REAL diamond and never buy anything with no certificate from GIA.

Lesson learned and you're lucky you only pay $1,215 for it. Don't lose heart. Offer such piece in loupe troop and some people might treasure your piece.

Also, NEVER buy anything without discussing it with pricescopers.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, there are a lot of disappointed Diamond Nexus buyers out there as the “diamonds” are just a type of Cubic Zirconia. Their marketing suggests the stones are some sort of Diamond hybrid but that’s just nonsense.

Madamx747

Rough_Rock
Diamond Nexus is a terrible company. My husbands friends bought their wives DN rings and they look nothing like a diamond, lack fire and the setting options are boring at best. It’s always better to buy a high quality lab created diamond from a reputable diamond dealer - Try Parks Fine Group in NYC. It’s a shame that Diamond Nexus is allowed to scam people with the claim of their stones being actual lab created diamonds when they’re molecularly just CZs :(

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa.
Diamond Nexus is allowed to scam people with the claim of their stones being actual lab created diamonds when they’re molecularly just CZs :(
Okay. Some of y'all really need to do just a modicum of homework before publicizing your opinions here on PS.

Diamond Nexus is NOT claiming that their stones are lab diamonds. Their site couldn't state this more clearly - remove the trailing hyperbole about theirs being the best, and I quote:
The Nexus Diamond™ alternative is a patented lab created diamond simulant
https://www.diamondnexus.com/learn/about-nexus-diamond

Thirty seconds of digging even pulls up a chart, which further explicates mined vs. lab vs. simulant:
https://www.diamondnexus.com/blog/manmade-diamonds-vs-mined-vs-simulants/

And another thirty seconds yields the explanation that Diamond Nexus is one of three "sister" companies, and one of those other sister companies (1215) does offer lab diamonds, not simulants:
https://www.1215diamonds.com/lab-grown-diamonds

Did you get this promise in writing? Or the name/extension of the associate who made it?

Last edited:

Madamx747

Rough_Rock
Whoa.

Okay. Some of y'all really need to do just a modicum of homework before publicizing your opinions here on PS.

Diamond Nexus is NOT claiming that their stones are lab diamonds. Their site couldn't state this more clearly - remove the trailing hyperbole about theirs being the best, and I quote:

Thirty seconds of digging even pulls up a chart, which further explicates mined vs. lab vs. simulant:

And another thirty seconds yields the explanation that Diamond Nexus is one of three "sister" companies, and one of those other sister companies (1215) does offer lab diamonds, not simulants:

Yssie , the attitude that you have is absolutely RUDE. I would dare you to speak to me or anyone in this forum in that way to their face and see what would happen... The opportunity for people to learn and share on this platform is a blessing and when you bring the attitude of looking down your nose at people it isn’t helpful in any way.
I think we can all agree that having the word “Diamond” in the name of your company and selling CZs is the first red flag for Diamond Nexus... And to the average man who is looking for an affordable diamond; this wording and education on the DN website would make their head spin. I even had to explain to my husband that their product was not even a lab diamond- and that was after he felt he had taken a good look at their website.

I have had friends that had purchased from both DN and 1215 and were very unsatisfied with their rings overall. Lack of fire, cloudiness developing in stones etc. I think people should be forewarned about companies that have let down my friends and family... just trying to look out for others.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your claim was inaccurate and damaging to the company - this is true whether or not you like the company's product.
I speak with plenty of forum members offline, no need to dare me to do so ::)

Last edited:

Madamx747

Rough_Rock
Got that. In spades.

When you use the words “stone”, “ring”, and “setting”, which parts of the below do you mean? Please download the image, label, and re-upload your edited version.
The way you’re using these terms is not the way I (or anyone else here) uses them, so let’s start by speaking the same language.

(Photo from Tiffany)
[/
Your claim was inaccurate and damaging to the company - this is true whether or not you like the company's product.

Yssie, I would love to pray for you tonite. It seems like your anger is spilling over into your hobbies of interacting with like minded jewelry lovers...

I am sorry that your life is presently so unsatisfactory that you choose to not apologize for your rudeness to others on this forum.
I don’t know who made you the queen of deciding what is “damaging to a company”
But, I’ll tell you that the BBB and Yelp have created businesses that are purely based on consumer protection and consumer education by encouraging people exercise their freedom of speech for years....
and I’m not about to let you bully me or anyone else on this forum into feeling as if they shouldn’t be treated with respect or express their opinions.
If you’d like to chat with me I’d be open to enlightening you on how to be a kind, patient and loving individual.
Have a great Thanksgiving!

Jayde Burns

Rough_Rock
the Diamond Nexus site does currently say they offer a trade up policy but it states that it excludes lab diamonds.
you can trade up as per the policy only with another diamond Nexus diamond / setting.
Looking at Diamond Nexus prices, most the money is in the setting, not the stone, so why don’t you buy a lab diamond upgrade and have that put into your original setting. BE0A3EB5-5061-4710-B105-052B3C14434A.jpeg

I do. I Screenshot_20201114-001850_Chrome.jpg
Got that. In spades.

(Photo from Tiffany)

Jayde Burns

Rough_Rock
I am not sure if you are a paid repressive of the company or if this is just a hobby for you but I was simply trying to make people aware of what is happening so no one else gets scammed. It is truly hurtful to find out your ring is fake and then having to fight with the company to have them simply do what they say would. I have proof of their policy as well as proof of what they told the BBB. Please see attached.

Now if I'm not welcomed here that is fine but the rude behavior is simply not necessary unless you work for them which in that case makes sense. Screenshot_20201205-115629_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201114-001850_Chrome.jpg

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I must be missing something. The DN product is not diamond and they're decently clear about that (they haven't always been so clear about this and that's part of the confusion. They have a history). The trade-in policy applies only to the center stone. Again, that's pretty clearly stated from the links above. It looks like they're allowing a trade between companies anyway since the lab diamonds are so much more expensive so they're offering a full credit for the DN thing. No? I'm not really understanding the problem.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
My understanding of this thread is that OP purchased a diamond nexus stone in gold setting, was told (based on the BBB email) that she could trade the “set” — presumably stone and setting — for a lab diamond “set,” and now the company says she can only trade in the DN stone, not the setting toward a new lab diamond set. OP, if this is the case, perhaps you can ask them to unset the DN stone and use that toward an upgrade to a lab diamond, and return the gold setting and a new stone to you. You can have a local jeweler set the new lab diamond in the old gold setting.

Jayde Burns

Rough_Rock
I must be missing something. The DN product is not diamond and they're decently clear about that (they haven't always been so clear about this and that's part of the confusion. They have a history). The trade-in policy applies only to the center stone. Again, that's pretty clearly stated from the links above. It looks like they're allowing a trade between companies anyway since the lab diamonds are so much more expensive so they're offering a full credit for the DN thing. No? I'm not really understanding the problem.

This is was the BBB response as to what their policy was. And it clearly states a 1215 diamond SET. Not stone SET. The band and settings also has stones in them. My point was how can I trade those stones for 1215 stones... This company purposefully misleads people. With the promise they can upgrade to a lab created diamond SET and then changes there site after I purchased to state the opposite. I have already sent a request to AAA for arbitration. My husband spent approx. 3k. Please see the picture attached.

I do not understand why people are defending them and being so rude. Unless they are apart of their company in some way.
Screenshot_20201205-115629_Chrome.jpg

Jayde Burns

Rough_Rock
My ring was purchasedin 2016 and should honor the policy I was under when I purchased the ring and when it was sent back.

Jayde Burns

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry OP. Next time, ask whether it is a REAL diamond and never buy anything with no certificate from GIA.

Lesson learned and you're lucky you only pay $1,215 for it. Don't lose heart. Offer such piece in loupe troop and some people might treasure your piece.

Also, NEVER buy anything without discussing it with pricescopers.

Thank you so much for this response. I have requested AAA set up an arbitration because the ring was 3k and I wanted to make sure no one else was victim to this bait and switch scam. Now I know about pricescopers and I will ask you all from now on.

Jayde Burns

Rough_Rock

This is was the BBB response as to what their policy was. And it clearly states a 1215 diamond SET. Not stone SET. The band and settings also has stones in them. My point was how can I trade those stones for 1215 stones... This company purposefully misleads people. With the promise they can upgrade to a lab created diamond SET and then changes there site after I purchased to state the opposite. I have already sent a request to AAA for arbitration. My husband spent approx. 3k. Please see the picture attached.

I do not understand why people are defending them and being so rude. Unless they are apart of their company in some way.
Got that. In spades.

(Photo from Tiffany)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201205-115629_Chrome.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 7

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for this response. I have requested AAA set up an arbitration because the ring was 3k and I wanted to make sure no one else was victim to this bait and switch scam. Now I know about pricescopers and I will ask you all from now on.

life is one huge learning curve
i sure wish i had found PS before i brought some of my pretties

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am honestly confused here. If I am reading the OPs post correctly, I came away with the exact same thoughts as @denverappraiser.

OP: can you explain what the company did which wasn't in line with what you expected? It seems as though DN is offering you full credit for what you have to put towards a 1215 lab diamond (if you so choose).

Jayde Burns

Rough_Rock
Got that. In spades.

(Photo from Tiffany)

Jayde Burns

Rough_Rock

No, I was told because DN and 1215 are sister companies i could at any time trade up my 3k DN ring set to a 6k 1215 set. This would make my total additional 3k which I was fine with. Then I was told after I returned my ring I couldn't get a set and could only use 850.00 towards a new stone.However I could not upgrade the stones on my band or setting.

And I couldn't get a trade up set to ensure I had real diamonds in my band and setting.

Their policy as stated with BBB says SET not stone. They changed this policy after I purchased my ring and sent it back to complete my trade up set. Im going to AAA arbitration and will make it my mission to make sure this bait andvswitch never happens again. Screenshot_20201205-115629_Chrome.jpg

Jayde Burns

Rough_Rock
if they are not selling diamonds, then why their company/website name is Diamond Nexus? I think they aim to fool people. Is it worth to report them to the BBB?

There are some very beautiful pieces on IG (not from Diamond Nexus) but from general IG sellers. Some of those beautiful pieces are not diamond at all. Some are lab grown, some are pastes (whatever this is) and some are plain rock crystal. My line of inquiry (if I'm interested at all in buying) would be more than just how much but more like is it real diamond.

It's what some people call progress. I call it the dynamic of life.

Screenshot_20201201-112939_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20201205-115629_Chrome.jpg

Jayde Burns

Rough_Rock
Diamond Nexus is a terrible company. My husbands friends bought their wives DN rings and they look nothing like a diamond, lack fire and the setting options are boring at best. It’s always better to buy a high quality lab created diamond from a reputable diamond dealer - Try Parks Fine Group in NYC. It’s a shame that Diamond Nexus is allowed to scam people with the claim of their stones being actual lab created diamonds when they’re molecularly just CZs :(

Thank you. I will look into this lab created dealer

Jayde Burns

Rough_Rock
Whoa.

Did you get this promise in writing? Or the name/extension of the associate who made it?

Screenshot_20201205-115629_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201205-115629_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201201-112939_Gallery.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So is the issue is that you CAN get a different stone (a lab stone to replace the DN) but you cant get a trade up on the setting?
(The setting is the part not including the main stone). Why cant you put the new stone in the old setting? Does it not fit?

Can you post a picture of your setting? It is not typical to trade-up diamonds or DN in a setting unless it is possibly a 3 stone
with side stones that you bought separately from the setting. In general, the small stones and the setting go together.

Was the BBB response you posted a response to your complaint specifically? What does their "amazing"* trade-up policy say?
They do use the word "set" in the BBB response which would imply to me the stone and the setting (as a whole, not just the stones).

Send a copy of the BBB response and tell them you are now ready to upgrade to the 12FIFTEN diamond set. Let us know what
they say. I think when they say that you are able to upgrade to a 12FIFTEN diamond set it is dependent on their "amazing"*
trade-up policy.

*amazing - their word...so it should be good right?

As far as what's going on in this thread...

Only people with the "Trade" banner work at diamond/jewelry-related companies and are only allowed to respond in more generic
terms vs. posting opinions on specific stones. Most are just diamond enthusiasts or diamond prosumers.

For what its worth I see no one being rude to you. I see someone trying to clarify your post so we can understand what you're upset
about. This statement is really confusing, "I could get a stone but couldn't get a setting to put the ring in." I guess you probably understand
now that you put a stone in a setting and it now, in whole, can be called a "ring".

Other posters further complicated the thread by not completely understanding the issue and making some assumptions. It happens
on occasion.

I dont know where you are with your upgrade. If you have a useless setting we do have a pre-loved forum you can
post it in. The setting may work for someone else and you may be able to recoup some money. Remember it wont sell
anywhere near what you paid for it (especially if you over-paid). Its worth a try though.

Can you post a picture of your setting that you are talking about and let us know if its the setting that is the problem? Again, why cant
you use the same setting for the new stone?

FYI - You do not need to post the BBB response again. You have posted it 7 times (if I counted correctly).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I will look into this lab created dealer

Parks is a reputable diamond and jewelry seller that occasionally sells lab diamonds. For a full selection of lab grown diamonds, you need to go to sellers like Yadav and Dimend Scassi which are reputable and have good prices, as well. You need to go to the Lab diamond section of this forum to ask for help with stones, though, as this forum is only for natural diamonds.

For what it's worth, I know it's frustrating to understand one thing and then be told another later. I'd be unhappy, too. Unfortunately we have seen a few regular diamond sellers here change policies after diamond prices dropped. Very rarely are settings included in trade-up policies, though. So that part isn't unusual at all. It's usually the main diamond traded for a new diamond and that usually means selling the old settings yourself and buying a new setting to fit the new stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results