shape
carat
color
clarity

10th wedding anniversary holiday destination

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow wow wow!! Fanstactic choices!!

Never heard of them. If someone has recommended them to you, must be good.

4 Seasons is always a good choice, but do check out Phuket and Hua Hin. I don''t believe you''d be disappointed.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2007 11:48:59 PM
Author: lienTN
You lucky so and so!
3.gif
. I wish we had a Graff here too.

Phuket is one of our all time favs. They have the Banyan Tree there too. Amazing!

Or how about Hua Hin? Best spas ever, I believe. Never been but would love to.
Maybe I shouldn''t tell you this, but Graff is 4 blocks away!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.gif
Ok, I am coming to visit!!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know you''ve been busy, but have you heard about my upcoming cruise?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I read it. Again, you lucky so and so
36.gif
. I do so wish we could take a cruise, something smaller and more intimate (not sure if this is the right word, but you know what I mean!).

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2007 11:52:12 PM
6.gif
Ok, I am coming to visit!!
1.gif
My modest digs won''t be good enough for you.
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt that it is modest!
2.gif

Anyway, it is all abt the company!
1.gif

whitney

Rough_Rock
Hi lienTN. I''ve been lurking around PS for a while now and felt compelled to register after reading this thread because I have such a great suggestion for your anniversary trip!

SANTORINI, Greece!!

My husband and I went there for our first anniversary a couple of years ago and several great holidays later (including the Maldives this past January) we''re still talking about it. It is absolutely fantastic. We stayed in Kamari, which is right on the coast. It''s a volcanic island so the beaches are black. There were lots of people on them, but they weren''t for us. When we did spend time relaxing in the sun we stayed by the pool at our hotel, which was fine. In the evenings we ate at different tavernas every night and the food was, overall, great. The island is small and easily accessible, but extremely hill-y which could be a problem for some. You can get a coach or rent a car or even a little ATV and it only takes about 30 min. to get from one end to the other. For such a small island there is a lot to do and we were never bored, unless we wanted to be! We even watched a movie at an outdoor cinema, which was cool! Our evenings were pretty quiet, but I know there are lots of bars and some clubs in Fira if that''s your thing. There are several vineyards and we did a wine tasting at a very quaint and lovely winery just outside of Kamari. It is such an interesting place if you''re into history. We went to a couple of different ruins, plus there is a volcano to visit (especially interesting since it is thought that Santorini may have been the location of Atlantis). We did a bus tour, which we were a bit skeptical about as those can be a bit of a hassle, but it turned out to be a great way to get around quickly and easily and we met some really nice people who we still keep in touch with! I think Santorini definitely meets all the criteria on your list, although it can be a bit touristy. The extraordinarily narrow streets did tend to get crowded from time to time, but it wasn''t too much of a problem for us.

If you have a great room with a great view, trust me, you''ll spend the majority of your time there in awe! The views are especially stunning from every angle in Oia. That''s where I would recommend you look for hotels. I''ve said that I WILL go back there again and I will definitely stay in Oia. When you see pictures of Santorini, Oia is probably what you''re looking at. Santorini (Oia in particluar) is supposed to have the best sunsets in Europe--everything stops for the sunset. For our anniversary my husband and I got a coach to Oia and wandered around for a while. We found a prime spot for the sunset and sat with our bottle of Santorini wine and some lovely cakes from a local cake shop and had one of the most enjoyable evenings of my life!

So anyway, can you tell I loved it there?! I hope this is helpful! If you haven''t been there already, I would definitely look into this. No matter where you go, I hope you have a great trip!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about Tuscany or Marbella, Spain?

The Amalfi coast is nice, there are some great resorts or villas there too as in Tuscany...

Bali? St. Barth''s? Nevis? Anguila? Virgin Gorda? St. B''s has nice beaches, great shopping, good restaurants, chic and fun. It might be a bit hot then, though, the season ends around the end of April, but of course some people still go there, it is just not the high season then...

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Lien what about the The Oberoi Rajvilas Jaipur for soemthing very memorable and different a friend of mine''s daughter had her 4oth here. Or for the ultimate once in a life time place the Oberoi in Agra right next to the Taj Mahal

agrahoney.jpg

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
stunning

taj.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2007 12:28:10 AM
I doubt that it is modest!
2.gif

Anyway, it is all abt the company!
1.gif
We''re lucky. It''s actually pretty nice. That said, I wonder what we could get in S''pore for the same price!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
what about malta or a greek island?

ETA - I had this sitting on my computer for a couple days and I guess forgot to hit submit LOL I've been on my laptop and hadn't sat at my desk for a while and I hope its not too late for a suggestion LOL

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitney,

Thank you so much for yr thoughtful suggestion and details provided. However, I''ve been to Santorini and you''re right, it is absolutely beautiful and the sunset magnificient. It is also rather crowded at that time of year (July). We''ll definitely keep it in mind and it is certainly on our list of places to visit. Thanks.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lien,
I doubt I''m going to Bintan afterall. The Banyan Tree is a little spooky, and I''m too chicken to stay alone!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF,

We''d LOVE to go to Tuscany and/ or Marbella. I just really really looovveeee Italy and have never been to Spain but always wanted to go. In fact, I''ve always wanted to go Tuscany and/ or Marbella for a looongg time now. I wish I had when I was living in London. It is a bit harder now with us living in Asia. They are still a possibility for our anniversary but isn''t it rather hot and crowded at that time of year?

We''ve been to Bali tons of times. It is an amazing place.

The other places seem like great suggestions. We actually went to St Lucia and Barbados for our honeymoon and really LOVED them. Been thinking of going back to the Caribbean. I am a bit worried abt the flights/ distance btw S''pore and there. Will definitely check them out though. It is ok that it is not the high season..in fact that''s what we''d like. But you know, when we went in July 97, it was rather wet and rainy. Is it always supposed to be like that around that time?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katebar,

Great suggestion! Unfortunately, hubby has been to India umptem times for work and he''d rather not go there for our anniversary. But I''d definitely like for us to go see the Taj Mahal some time. It is after all one of the seven wonders of the world.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about Sentosa?
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sara,

No, it''s not too late at all. In fact, we still haven''t decided. There have been wonderful suggestions and we''re calling around, doing our internet checking....

I''ve been to a ton of Greek Islands already. Malta is a possibility. Thank you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, shame abt the Banyan Tree!
7.gif
. When was it supposed to be again? My hubby and I are going to be there at the end of May for his triathlon.

Funny abt Sentosa!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Towards the end of August. If I stop reading about hauntings on PS, I might be able to pluck up the courage to go by myself!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, do stop reading them! I haven''t even attempted, as I just know Id'' be so bothered [translated into "scared"] by them.

Oh, you know your trip back to S''pore, I hope you''re not arriving back at the end of August? Hubby and I are going back to the US for the wedding of one of his nieces''. Pls tell me you''re arriving a bit earlier than that?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
17th to 28th? Please tell me you''ll be around!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hooray!! I should be around, up until the last week of August. Yay!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phew. High tea?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For sure!
1.gif

Even better, how abt martini''s at Morton''s Bar at the Oriental? They have these gorgeous lychee martinis, chocolate..you name it AND Happy Hour fromm 5pm-7pm everyday...AND they give you free steak sandwiches too!!
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds good. Unfortunately, I can''t handle alcohol at all!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.gif
you serious?!

You're so lucky. All that money that you can save to put towards more worthy causes, like diamonds!! he he
2.gif
, not to mention alcoholic drinks are chock full of calories [sigh]! I wish I could give up my vino and my martinies' [double sigh]..

High tea it is then. Lemme think of a nice place to go to.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, am I barred from your household then? Btw, where are the nice high tea places these days? For that matter, which are the nice spas?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no!! [horror] I am sorry if I gave you the wrong idea! you're definitely welcome, any time
1.gif
. In fact, if you don't come over to visit, i'd be offended!
2.gif

i am not sure abt high tea places, but will think of something. Spa-wise, there's a nice place in the Paragon. Hubby went there yesterday as part of his b'day treats. He was happy as a clam.

Hey, when were you last in S'pore? Things have changed so much even in the 7 yrs we've been here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results