shape
carat
color
clarity

100% Satisfied!! It''s Done...Again

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s just the nature of a shared prong setting. At least, that is what I have been told by several different jewelers. I think SP rings are very well-made and probably very sturdy. But the fewer prongs you have holding in the diamonds, the less security there is. And when they are rubbing against other diamonds, the potential for stones getting loose increases. The other thing is, if one stone gets loose, the one next to it necessarily will as well because they are sharing prongs. I still plan to wear my shared prong wedding band on its own. I don''t mind checking for loose stones; I worry much more about chipped diamonds and/or scratched prongs.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2005 7:46:35 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~Demelza, are you going to put the diamond into the same solitaire etting you had befor, or are you going to get another solitaire setting???
33.gif

I'm looking into getting a new solitaire altogether, either the Superbcert Tiffany replica or the one from Whiteflash. If you're interested, there's a thread about it over in Rocky Talky called Scott Kay Pave Band.

ETA The head of the solitaire I had for all of five minutes got damaged when they tried lowering the diamond (jeweler's mistake), so it's out of the question at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results