shape
carat
color
clarity

$100 Referral

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
al,
I dont disagree with you.
But:
I actually think its good that these things get discussed.
While this could have been presented in a better manner and the Brian Knox thing is unfortunate, I think its a good thing to get it out in the open and discuss it.
It would have been better if this was started as a discussion on rewards programs on Internet boards instead of an accusation but the topic needs to be discussed at times. Just my 2c.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2005 11:31:24 AM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 2/6/2005 10:34:28 AM
Author: icelady
Am I the only one that questions the reasoning of the oringinal post here?  First, the question posed would not have been necessary had SI (knowing who the vendor was) gone to the vendor in question to verify this practice prior to opening this discussion publicly
No, I don''t question the motive of the original post at all.....I''m certain it was purely to be a troublemaker.

You''re right......this *wouldn''t* have been necessary IF the true intention was to clarify the issue. However, this is an ongoing pattern of behavior with SI.....he has a proclivity toward asking questions he KNOWS will start a s*itstorm and doing it just to cause strife and unrest.
Al,

I have noticed this as well.

Strmrdr,

I agree with you that the topic can be discussed in a professional way instead of starting with an undertone of accusation.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/6/2005 12:56:34 PM

Date: 2/6/2005 11:31:24 AM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 2/6/2005 10:34:28 AM
Am I the only one that questions the reasoning of the oringinal post here? First, the question posed would not have been necessary had SI (knowing who the vendor was) gone to the vendor in question to verify this practice prior to opening this discussion publicly
No, I don''t question the motive of the original post at all.....I''m certain it was purely to be a troublemaker.

You''re right......this *wouldn''t* have been necessary IF the true intention was to clarify the issue. However, this is an ongoing pattern of behavior with SI.....he has a proclivity toward asking questions he KNOWS will start a s*itstorm and doing it just to cause strife and unrest.
Al,

I have noticed this as well.

Strmrdr,

I agree with you that the topic can be discussed in a professional way instead of starting with an undertone of accusation.
Are ya''ll just noticing this pattern?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
OK, guys... We formulated a new entry to the forum rules:

Referrals and Recommendations:
  1. Recommendations given within the Pricescope community should be done in a good faith as genuine opinions based on personal knowledge and experience and not influenced by any commercial interests.
  2. It is absolutely forbidden to recommend vendors, products or services if there is any business or personal affiliation with these vendors (or service providers) without thorough disclosure.
  3. Referral fees or gifts for the recommendations originating on these forums (via posts or private messanger) are strictly prohibited. Any vendor who engages in these practices will be banned from this site and their posts or posts referencing said vendor subject to removal.
If there will be any facts or concernes about somebody abusing this or any other forum posliciy, please email or PM me.

Deal?

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I was asked to clarify my original post, first reply in this thread, as it seems to have caused confusion.

Please allow me to clarify: Whiteflash NEVER offered me any referral fee. This is what happened:

I recommended a WF stone to a poster a while back. It was slightly out of his budget. He (the customer) contacted me and asked if I wanted the referral. I didn''t even know it existed at the time. I said no, but if he was having a hard time with the price he could use me as a referral and I would give him the fee to help him with his purchase. He could consider it an engagement present. He ended up buying another stone.

I have never been offered any inducements nor would I accept them. I only post to help others as I was helped when I first came here.

In fact, the recommendation was ironic at the time, since I was not totally happy with some of my personal dealings with WF, but referred their stone anyways since I thought it was the best value for him. How''s that for an unbiased recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results