shape
carat
color
clarity

10 year anniversary upgrade miss

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone. I have to do a redo on my previous thread about my 10th anniversary 2 carat diamond. Long story short the diamond we had got was damaged. It had an internal crack in it which was unacceptable. We returned it and tried to get my old Marquise back. We were still within the time to get it back. It took them forever to give it back when they did the diamond was not mine and it was broken. They tried to pass the crap off as mine. I was horrified. I went to the had of the company and demanded that they fix this issue. Long story short they had already sold my diamond. That was a big mistake. My diamond was a 1.24 SI2. Not the best but I loved it. After a lot of back and forth. I accepted a 1.10 GIA VVS2 I color Marquise. She is actually very beautiful. I also receive a gift card. I am satisfied. I will never do a trade again. I will keep this one forever. What made it even more special is that the diamond was graded on my anniversary 10th of 4.19.2018 I felt like GOD was telling me this is mine. I will eventually get my upgrade but now now. I am truly very leery right now. But for now I will enjoy the beautiful diamond I have now and think about what I will like to but with my gift card. I had a lot to process but I am finally able to be back looking at beautiful rings and things again. I was so upset that I had to take a break. It might sound stupid but I also felt stupid. Smh. Thank you all for letting me share.

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
56333C16-667A-4566-8E2B-1894823358F4.jpeg 629AE936-F978-41D0-95C8-A85F8EED8D8A.jpeg F1B7F665-B4AC-4E36-BF8A-EA6A8DE9FABF.jpeg 70470BA2-01B9-4CA2-B17F-093BD4F41F45.jpeg I am gonna take a page out of Matthews1127 book. She said she will keep the emerald forever. Now I understand that and I will keep this one forever too. Again thanks for letting me share. Here are some pictures.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
56333C16-667A-4566-8E2B-1894823358F4.jpeg 629AE936-F978-41D0-95C8-A85F8EED8D8A.jpeg F1B7F665-B4AC-4E36-BF8A-EA6A8DE9FABF.jpeg 70470BA2-01B9-4CA2-B17F-093BD4F41F45.jpeg I am gonna take a page out of Matthews1127 book. She said she will keep the emerald forever. Now I understand that and I will keep this one forever too. Again thanks for letting me share. Here are some pictures.

@Diamond425, I am so very sorry this happened to you. I can’t imagine the heartbreak you experienced, when you learned that, not only did they try to pass off a different Marquise as yours, but they sold your original stone, within the return window. How devastating!
As much as I liked your round upgrade, I missed seeing a Marquise on your hand. Your new Marquise is very striking, and doesn’t look close to an I; it’s beautifully cut!!! Such great presence, and it looks perfect in that NL setting that you & I both adore!!!
Everything happens for a reason, even if it takes a lot of tears & stress to get to the smiles & satisfaction. I love your new Marquise, and I’m thrilled that it all worked out, in the end!
I do hope that your old stone found a loving, forever home; no doubt its new recipient was tickled to see it!
I hope you bond with this stone, as closely as I have bonded with my EC. Upgrades may be in our future, but not with a trade-in...lol!!
Honestly, if I had an enlarging ray gun, I’d enlarge the EC I have now, and call it a day...lmao!! :lol-2:
Thank you for returning with your story & showing off your new, fabulous bling!!!
{{{{{Big Hugs}}}}}

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
Awwwww thank you so much. I was truly devastated. Time heals all wounds and I too missed my Marquise. You and me are back twinning (fraternal) lol. She is mine forever. Thank you for you king words (( hugs right back at ya))=)2=)2

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwww thank you so much. I was truly devastated. Time heals all wounds and I too missed my Marquise. You and me are back twinning (fraternal) lol. She is mine forever. Thank you for you king words (( hugs right back at ya))=)2=)2

I’m just glad you’re back & are able to enjoy your new sparkly! Once a fancy cut diamond lover, always a fancy cut diamond lover!!
Cheers to fraternal twinning, my friend!!
:mrgreen2::kiss2:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond and setting are spectacular! I’m so sorry about your previous stone!

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
Thank you AprilBaby. I really appreciate that.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Diamond425 - please share the name of the vendor. That's a jeweler we, here on PS, need to avoid.

Your new diamond is beautiful and I'm glad the outcome is acceptable to you. But it sounds as tho, had you not been on the ball, they would have gotten away with something between fraud and theft.

I'm sorry for this truly unpalatable experience and can totally understand needing a break. I hope time softens this memory and, if you ever try again for an upgrade, that it goes seamlessly for you.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. The end result is so spectacular though, I hope it brings you much joy!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most importantly, your new ring is beautiful and I am glad that you are happy with it.

What a terrible ordeal you have gone through! That's a terrible mark on the industry as a whole and on you individually. I am so sorry that this happened to you but hope you enjoy your new ring every day!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a stressful and heartbreaking experience. I'm so glad that after all that, you have an outcome that is wonderful, meaningful (definitely sounds meant-to-be!) and beautiful! You're new ring and diamond are gorgeous, I hope you continue to always enjoy it as you are now!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry you had such a tough experience! But I love the end result- stunning! And your attitude is admirable. You are a strong one!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, that is a tough experience. I am so sorry that your original stone was re-sold. That would be heart breaking. I hope this new stone grows on you and you are able to treasure it. Big hugs. The new stone is beautiful.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having this happen is the stuff of nightmares. However, your new diamond is absolutely stunning & that shape really, REALLY suits your hand. Definitely a keeper. You can always get additional bling like @Matthews1127 is doing. I do that too & as much as I want to change my pear for something blingier & bigger, it’s a damn near perfect stone & I am lucky to own it =)2

Enjoy your pretty & I love the stack!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that a stuller setting?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is truly a gorgeous marquise! Yeah, it stinks that you had to deal with all the strife, but how cool is it that this diamond was graded on your anniversary?! I love this part of your story! Your rings look beautiful together, so happy for you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond is gorgeous. I am sorry what you went through to get it though.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond and ring are absolutely stunning. I love the way you've stacked it with the diamond pave band which compliments the dainty side detail around the center stone and I love the yellow gold band which adds some visual interest.

I'm really sorry you had to go through that debacle. They did not act with integrity and that is a big no-no in my book. Mistakes happen but a vendor has the professional and moral responsibility to be honest and make things right and trying to pass a different stone off as yours is shameful. I'm so glad you took some time to let the negative feelings settle and that you're happy with your ring. It's soooo beautiful!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry that vendor wasn’t honorable. Your diamond and stack look beautiful. Enjoy!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is beautiful! :love: I love marquise stones. I'm sorry about all the issues and I hope you can find joy in your new diamond!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your new stone looks really pretty...I hope you can fall in love with it like your old stone (I think I could:geek2:)!

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
@Diamond425 - please share the name of the vendor. That's a jeweler we, here on PS, need to avoid.

Your new diamond is beautiful and I'm glad the outcome is acceptable to you. But it sounds as tho, had you not been on the ball, they would have gotten away with something between fraud and theft.

I'm sorry for this truly unpalatable experience and can totally understand needing a break. I hope time softens this memory and, if you ever try again for an upgrade, that it goes seamlessly for you.
I am almost embarrassed to share the vendor as I should have known better. It was Dana Augustine via Kay Jewelers. My husband and I were in a mall. Kay’s was having a reset show. They showed us a beautiful 2 carat round brilliant. It was a SI2. It was truly eye clean. We talked and decided it was a good deal for the price once they factored in my Marquise. They said we would get all the paper work in the mail in two weeks. He decided they he wanted me to have it. Of course I was excited. I left my ring and we went to eat. They told us about two hours. We can back and it was done. The ring looked gorgeous. So I thought. Fast forward a couple of weeks I called to see what happened with the certificate, they send they would put it in the mall this week. I was like you told me I would recieve it 2 weeks from purchase not you would be mailing it that following Monday. They assured me it would be mailed that day. Needless to say I never received it. I when to get it appraised and and to my home owners insurance. And that is when I found out about the fracture. The diamond was an I2. Apparently the had did a switch. We purchased an SI2 but the switched it out somewhere along the line. Needless to say I was heartbroken. I felt like a fool. My husband was livid. But since I was in my return period I was able to give it back. They were like we are not sure how that happened. I told them I just wanted my diamond back and that I would never do business with them again. Kay’s told me it would take 2 weeks to get my Marquise back. I was ok with that. Two weeks three weeks a month passed and still no diamond. I called and raised cane. This went on for another week. Finally I was called to the store to pick up my ring. The manager wasn’t there. The salesperson handed me the ring and walked away. I immediately knew that wasn’t my Marquise. They told me the manager was on vacation. Went to Jared’s to have them look at the diamond. I had my sizing done there and the had appraised my original Marquise so they had everything on file. They confirmed that that wasn’t my Marquise. I was devastated. Then on top of that the diamond had a chip on two sides. I burst out crying I was soooo angry. They really tried to get pass of a broken diamond to me. Jared called the district manager who it turned callled the manager at home or wherever he was. He deined it. Saying Jared must have did it. But they had my serial number and they didn’t match. They told me they would handle it and get back to me. Two later they offered me this diamond and a gift card to Jared. I don’t know what happened to any of the people involved. I haven’t been back to Kay’s since then. I never will.. I was and still so embarrassed. I hope no one makes the mistake I did. My husband said we will do it again but I said no. He said yes in time. Maybe for our 11th anniversary. This time we will use Blue Nile or James Allen or some like that. Maybe even Jared as they were so helpful. Didn’t realize the Jared and Kay’s were sister companies. Thank you for reading my story. I hope no one has to go through this. I am smarter because of it. Thank you.

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
That is truly a gorgeous marquise! Yeah, it stinks that you had to deal with all the strife, but how cool is it that this diamond was graded on your anniversary?! I love this part of your story! Your rings look beautiful together, so happy for you.

Yes that was when all the disappointment and hurt eased up a bit. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
Your diamond is gorgeous. I am sorry what you went through to get it though.

Your diamond and ring are absolutely stunning. I love the way you've stacked it with the diamond pave band which compliments the dainty side detail around the center stone and I love the yellow gold band which adds some visual interest.

I'm really sorry you had to go through that debacle. They did not act with integrity and that is a big no-no in my book. Mistakes happen but a vendor has the professional and moral responsibility to be honest and make things right and trying to pass a different stone off as yours is shameful. I'm so glad you took some time to let the negative feelings settle and that you're happy with your ring. It's soooo beautiful!

Sorry that vendor wasn’t honorable. Your diamond and stack look beautiful. Enjoy!

Your new ring is beautiful! :love: I love marquise stones. I'm sorry about all the issues and I hope you can find joy in your new diamond!

I think your new stone looks really pretty...I hope you can fall in love with it like your old stone (I think I could:geek2:)!
I just want to thank you all for your kind words and support. I really truly appreciate it. My husband was happy to see me smile again. I had felt like I let him down. He was like “ as long as I got you nothing matters. It just a diamond it can be replaced you can’t. “. He is the sweetest man I know. Thank you all.

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock

He brought the platinum diamond band and the 18kt band as a makeup anniversary gift. I didn’t want anything after everything that happened but he wanted me to have them. I still have my old bands. Thank you.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your husband is the best =)2.

Based on what you wrote in response to mrs-b, I highly urge you to report your incident to the Better Business Bureau and at the very least report what happened to someone very senior at Kay's (ie, not the manager of the store, but write a letter to C level person). I know that thought may be painful, but I have to believe they've done this before and because this thievery preys on the emotions of someone they have gotten away with it and will continue to get away with it because understandably people want to forget and move on. I'm really angry for you and you did NOTHING wrong. They need to be held accountable. You are strong and came through with the most valuable thing in all this.....the love and support of your hubby.

All the best to you!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your husband is the best =)2.

Based on what you wrote in response to mrs-b, I highly urge you to report your incident to the Better Business Bureau and at the very least report what happened to someone very senior at Kay's (ie, not the manager of the store, but write a letter to C level person). I know that thought may be painful, but I have to believe they've done this before and because this thievery preys on the emotions of someone they have gotten away with it and will continue to get away with it because understandably people want to forget and move on. I'm really angry for you and you did NOTHING wrong. They need to be held accountable. You are strong and came through with the most valuable thing in all this.....the love and support of your hubby.

All the best to you!

I agree with this. ;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results