shape
carat
color
clarity

10 carat tennis bracelet

New2gems

Rough_Rock
Hello I bought a 10 carat bracelet that is 7" and has 46 stones. It is stunning, but i'm now doing some research and cant seem to find any online that have this number of stones. Can anyone give any insight?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It just means that each of the stones is approximately .22 each. Ten carat bracelets can be made of larger or smaller stones but still should add up to roughly 10 carats. There is no prescribed number or carat weight of each stone.

New2gems

Rough_Rock
It just means that each of the stones is approximately .22 each. Ten carat bracelets can be made of larger or smaller stones but still should add up to roughly 10 carats. There is no prescribed number or carat weight of each stone.

does is make is any more or less valuable? Also visually?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm not sure I understand the question. More valuable than what? In general, bigger = more expensive, so a 10ct bracelet is more expensive than a 5ct one.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No, it doesn’t. A ten carat bracelet is a ten carat bracelet. As long as the total weight of the stones come in at roughly ten carats, there is no more or less value to be had.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you still lift your tennis racket with all that weight pulling down your wrist?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fewer pieces of bigger diamonds translate to more value though total carat weight remains the same.

How so?
I'm trying to understand.

What do you mean by "value"?
And what do you mean by "fewer pieces of bigger diamonds"?
Wouldn't the purchase price new be the relative same "value" as the same piece's used "value"?

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Tiny wrist, huge stones, 10 carats.
Huge wrist, tiny stones, 10 carats.
Visibly, the first would look bigger and more valuable. But 10 carats are 10 carats.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Aren't bigger stones more expensive? So a 10ct tw bracelet with fewer bigger stones is likely worth more than a 10ct tw bracelet with more small stones?

That is exactly so. But in this case the difference would be minimal, since tiny or huge wrists are most certainly not involved.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aren't bigger stones more expensive? So a 10ct tw bracelet with fewer bigger stones is likely worth more than a 10ct tw bracelet with more small stones?

Yup
Ten 0.10 ct stones that add up to 1 ct cost way less than a single 1 ct stone, of course all other specs being equal.

New2gems

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the responses. I guess I feel it takes a little away from the deal I got because it has 46 stones as opposed to the 40 i see most bracelets have. Can anyone put a dollar amount in the difference 40 vs 46 both being 10 ct total weight?

E6EAC3BE-86B2-4953-BFF4-10A25DF31FB7.png 06E0AD9A-2628-4EAF-BA82-7CC284AD9EB8.jpeg 7F3A1757-A0A5-46FC-B784-D74A1545F448.png

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
It looks lovely! I couldn’t answer your question. I guess it’s not a huge $ difference. Why is it so important? Out of curiosity or do you intend to sell again?

New2gems

Rough_Rock
It looks lovely! I couldn’t answer your question. I guess it’s not a huge $ difference. Why is it so important? Out of curiosity or do you intend to sell again?

Thanks for the compliment. I am actually the husband and I bought it for her as a gift. I didn't mean to get into that in the original post. She's been wanting this for a long time so I doubt she will ever sell unless we ever get a bigger one, which is not very likely.

Just hoping someone else can answer how much more the same bracelet with 40 rocks would be worth.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliment. I am actually the husband and I bought it for her as a gift. I didn't mean to get into that in the original post. She's been wanting this for a long time so I doubt she will ever sell unless we ever get a bigger one, which is not very likely.

Just hoping someone else can answer how much more the same bracelet with 40 rocks would be worth.

Sorry, not a Nida post then :). Sorry, sorry! It is very very nice!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I believe the price difference would be negligible between a 10ctw tennis bracelet with 40 diamonds vs. a 10ctw tennis bracelet with 43 diamonds. That is assuming both bracelets are right at 10ctw, in which case the only difference would be the size of each diamond (which would be slightly smaller on the 43 diamond bracelet). Now if you take your 10ctw bracelet and simply remove 3 diamonds making it "40 rocks", I think there would be more of a price difference because it would no longer be a 10ctw bracelet.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
A 0.25 diamond (40 stones) would be a bit more expensive than a 0.22 diamond (46 stones). Assuming both are about the same quality. But the price difference would be small. But the more expensive diamonds would only need to be purchased 40 times, whereas the smaller diamonds needed to be purchased 46 times.

New2gems

Rough_Rock
A 0.25 diamond (40 stones) would be a bit more expensive than a 0.22 diamond (46 stones). Assuming both are about the same quality. But the price difference would be small. But the more expensive diamonds would only need to be purchased 40 times, whereas the smaller diamonds needed to be purchased 46 times.

okay so it sound like everyone is saying it would barely make a price difference, so that makes me feel better. what is a "NIDA" question?

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
A “Nida question” might be defined as a question or statement in relation to the possession of huge diamonds, accompanied by IG pictures of a third party. Better forget it ;-). I’m sorry!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the responses. I guess I feel it takes a little away from the deal I got because it has 46 stones as opposed to the 40 i see most bracelets have. Can anyone put a dollar amount in the difference 40 vs 46 both being 10 ct total weight?

E6EAC3BE-86B2-4953-BFF4-10A25DF31FB7.png 06E0AD9A-2628-4EAF-BA82-7CC284AD9EB8.jpeg 7F3A1757-A0A5-46FC-B784-D74A1545F448.png

Yes. I can. Because I've been collecting stones in this range for years, and I also did a quick comparison using James Allen's site. The average price for a 22 pt stone E SI1 is $360. For a 25 pt stone - $400. $360 (22 pt stones) x 46 = $16,560. $400 (25 pt stones) x 40 = $16,000. So the 46 x 22 pt stones is actually going to be a more expensive bracelet, tho the difference is minimal. There are a lot of other factors at play here - certification, mark ups of all kinds - and so on. But basically, there's about a 3% difference in price.

Visually, I also think you'd barely see a difference. The (roughly) average diameter difference between the two is .2mm (4.05mm vs 3.85mm), which is generally agreed to be the smallest difference you're going to be able to discern. And I mean the absolutely smallest amount! So basically, these stones will look the same; the 46 stone bracelet will just look like it has more of them. If you were talking 20 x 50 point stones, vs 50 x 20 point stones - sure. But even then, not as much as you'd think. But for stones all coalescing around 22-25 points? No, not much difference at all.

It's a great looking bracelet. That's the bottom line.

Last edited:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, an equal length bracelet made of fewer, bigger diamonds might cost slightly more than a bracelet with more smaller stones. However the biggest effect on price would be the quality of the diamonds. A bracelet of F/VS1 quality stones would cost far more than a bracelet of equal number and size stones of J/I1 quality.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cant help you with the price difference but it does look lovely on her!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
However the biggest effect on price would be the quality of the diamonds. A bracelet of F/VS1 quality stones would cost far more than a bracelet of equal number and size stones of J/I1 quality.

Yup, I can relate to that, as I am getting a 5cttw I/J SI instead of 4cttw G/H VS for the same price.

DK :))

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Does your wife love it? If so, that's all the answer you need.

It looks lovely by the way, I can't imagine she wouldn't be happy.

If you want to worry about whether you got a good value/deal etc, the number of diamonds in the bracelet is not what you should be concentrating on. How well cut the diamonds are is the primary thing to look at (which translates into how much they sparkle on your wife's wrist). The color and clarity of each diamond is also a key factor in the quality/value of your bracelet. By worrying about the number of diamonds you are focussing on the wrong aspect of the bracelet.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yup, I can relate to that, as I am getting a 5cttw I/J SI instead of 4cttw G/H VS for the same price.

DK :))

Great choice, we would have gone that way too. In fact we did exactly that when we bought DW's diamond studs. For the same budget they come a whole lot bigger in a J. If the stones are well cut nobody can tell the difference, even if they get within kissing distance! :)

We did find you have to be a bit more careful about clarity in the larger stones, clean SIs are definitely harder to find. I learned the other day the size of inclusions GIA allows for a given clarity increases as the carat size increases. So an SI2 size inclusion could be a lot bigger in a 1.0ct stone than in a 0.2ct stone.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Well cut stones definitely can mask a lower color grade or clarity! I do think specs on bracelets are important since the person wearing it will likely be looking at it a lot and others may get closer to it (compared to a pendant or earrings). Color and clarity are definitely more obvious the larger the stone is too!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, please be welcoming to new people. Just because one person trolled the forum does not mean every new person is doing the same.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results