shape
carat
color
clarity

1 Diamond sold by 2 online vendors with 2 different prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dazed&confused

Rough_Rock
I was just searching online for a diamond, when I stumbled across something I found a little confusing. A diamond being sold on Whiteflash for one price is being sold on the Mondera website for a marginally higher price (only about $117 higher). I realized it was THE SAME EXACT diamond, because the GIA Report number is the same. The price difference is not what really bother''s me since its less than 3% of the total purchase price and could easily be attributed to differences in the companies'' operating expenses (WF being based in TX as opposed to Mondera is based in NY), but question(s) is (are) where is the actual diamond, who owns its, and would it be possible to buy it from the source rather than going through these two companies?

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Often one company will match the price of the other if it is a small difference. I had that experience and, since i preferred to deal iwth on vendor rather than the other, they accommodated me.
Also, you should check into the additional services that come with the ring, e.g. Whiteflash has a lifetime upgrade at full value and gives a Pricescope discount if you ask for itaand a free certificate of authentification from an appraiser which is often acceptable to insurance companies as an appraisal.

Mondera may offer some other advantages that are more appealing to you in particular.If you prefer dealing with one company over the other, perhaps Mondera will match the Whiteflash price.
I do not believe it would be possible for you to buy the stone directly from the source even if you could find it. The diamond dealers who provide these stones to the Pricescope vendors usually have a long term relationship with the vendor and will not compete with them. Also, most of these dealers are not open to the public and are not geared toward a retail clientele.

dazed&confused

Rough_Rock
I have found more than one instance of this, in all the cases so far, Mondera is consistently 2-3% higher than the other online vendors. Has there been a survey or anything which can direct consumers to which vendor tends to have the lowest price?

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dazed...

I actually believe that you are asking the wrong question here. Unless I miss my guess - you are actually looking for the best value; which emcompases more than just low price.

There are vendors with low prices - and you will have to search through their inventory to find a really great diamond.

Alternately, there are vendors who charge just a bit more - but only list great diamonds - complete with all kinds of information. The classic examples are Good Old Gold and NiceIce. They only list truely great diamonds and provide lots of extra certification along with there expert selection.

There are a few who are close to those examples. However, I do not believe that you will find any of these to be the absolutely lowest price for a diamond. These companies add real value and they charge enough extra to pay their cost of their added value. In my book - these are the best buys. Anyone can list 20,000 diamonds in cyber inventory and let you sort through them to find a truely great diamond. Of course, you may also find a dud.

Perry

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could have been ''1 diamond 5 vendors online and off and 5 different prices, 50% apart''.

Welcome to undercutting paradise !
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results