shape
carat
color
clarity

1 Carat I VS2 OEC/Tranny/MRB Hybrid for $3500

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Such stones appear in small batches at BN, usually deeper cut & with a slight discount for spread. Happy to see!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How tf is that VS2!? Those 3 peppers are top and center, I have SI2s that are cleaner. GIA is slacking...

+1

This sort of thing is why I only look at VS1 when fantasy window-shopping for myself!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love it and want to grab it. I will put it in Rose Gold setting. :kiss2:
Then I found another one on bluenile.

Which one should I go for?

Regarding light performance, I prefer the JA stone. In the video, the arrows light up and are responsible for the majority of light return, whereas for the BN stone the arrows look dark acting as contrast. Looking at the table reflection and how the arrows are appearing on each stone, I think the JA stone has slightly steeper pavilion than the BN stone.

Last edited:

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
Regarding light performance, I prefer the JA stone. In the video, the arrows light up and are responsible for the majority of light return, whereas for the BN stone it is more like 50/50. Looking at the table reflection and how the arrows are appearing on each stone, I think the JA stone has slightly steeper pavilion than the BN stone.

They have very similar profile on the GIAs. GIA of the JA stone is attached.

BN stone has GIA in it. The center/table reflection of the BN stone seems a bit messy.

I found a third one on rarecarat. https://www.rarecarat.com/product/76508729

Help me pick the winner and grab my first OEC/MRB hybrid!

Attachments

• 1358099498.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 52

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
Regarding light performance, I prefer the JA stone. In the video, the arrows light up and are responsible for the majority of light return, whereas for the BN stone the arrows look dark acting as contrast. Looking at the table reflection and how the arrows are appearing on each stone, I think the JA stone has slightly steeper pavilion than the BN stone.

I held the JA one. :kiss2:

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rarecarat one is very leakly between the arrows. It is a 38.5/40.2, the same as the BN stone.
The JA generally has good light return between the arrows under the table. There are couple leaky spots, but I think it is mainly because the diamond is tilted.

If you are serious, request the IS scope, and ask if the stone is milky or hazy due to strong fluo.
Also note others' concern about the inclusions. I think it is a low VS2. I am personally ok with these small black crystals. Lastly, it is still classified as a GIA VG CUT, not a Circular Brilliant or Old European.

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
The rarecarat one is very leakly between the arrows. It is a 38.5/40.2, the same as the BN stone.
The JA generally has good light return between the arrows under the table. There are couple leaky spots, but I think it is mainly because the diamond is tilted.

If you are serious, request the IS scope, and ask if the stone is milky or hazy due to strong fluo.
Also note others' concern about the inclusions. I think it is a low VS2. I am personally ok with these small black crystals. Lastly, it is still classified as a GIA VG CUT, not a Circular Brilliant or Old European.

JA does not have idealscope for this stone. But I still went ahead with it based on your recommendation!
In case the light performance is not well, I can still return it. :)

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JA does not have idealscope for this stone. But I still went ahead with it based on your recommendation!
In case the light performance is not well, I can still return it. :)

Please let us know how it perform. Maybe with some photos. I wish I lived in the US, so that I have flexibility of buying and returning without loas ane hassle.

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock

I went to GIA and found their standard of OEC and Circular Brilliant. https://www.gia.edu/gia-news-research-round-brilliant-cut-diamond-pay
Pay_circular_brilliant_table.jpg .

The JA stone does not have a culet and its star length is more than 50%, otherwise it will be graded as a "circular Brilliant". I think these differences are minor in affecting its face-up patterns (correct me if I am wrong). Overall, I am happy with the price and light performance in the video, but I am not happy with JA's shipping time, which is the end of July, too slow....

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Adorable!! I love the random old cuts that sometimes show up on JA. It's such a pleasure to see them after scrolling through pages of MRBs (ok, so, I look at diamonds recreationally for stress relief -- who here hasn't done that? :lol: ). My eyes always notice the short LGFs!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
When will you receive her? Can’t wait to see.

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
I was choosing between two settings, and finally selected this vintage setting from JA.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
I was choosing between two settings, and finally selected this vintage setting from JA.

Beautiful choice. It will compliment the stone well!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

I LOVE that JA setting!!! Like, I'm *absolutely* planning to base a future setting on it. I have several mockups of it already, with different stones I own or thought about buying, I just haven't made a final decision yet. :lol: I can't *wait* to see how your ring turns out!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking forward to seeing this finished project!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@LittleKite did you ever get the stone? And I was wondering if when you guys are looking at these site like BN and JA will the stones pop up if you search "transitional" etc, or did you just stumble across them like this? That stone looked amazing.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LittleKite did you ever get the stone? And I was wondering if when you guys are looking at these site like BN and JA will the stones pop up if you search "transitional" etc, or did you just stumble across them like this? That stone looked amazing.

Sadly, there is no way to search "Transitional" on JA or BN. :( You just have to go by the look of the stone. There
are some settings you can set that will help but these type stones are few and far between from what I can tell
from my searches.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Sadly, there is no way to search "Transitional" on JA or BN. :( You just have to go by the look of the stone. There
are some settings you can set that will help but these type stones are few and far between from what I can tell
from my searches.

That is what I figured when I saw that lovely stone but there was no mention of the word "transitional". How strange! A scavenger hunt for sure :) But I'm curious as to whether the OP kept it because it looked amazing.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is an old post but i'm DROOLING over that stone!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results