shape
carat
color
clarity

1.71 K colored OEC in Rose Gold

GCGDanielle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to the entire PS community with the invaluable help. I didn't know anything about OEC's before I joined PS, so I owe this beautiful ring to all of you. Thanks for letting me share. Feel free to skip straight to the photos! :D

Background: This ring is a celebration ring for two reasons: a milestone birthday and my 15 year anniversary of being together with my husband. I knew I wanted a ring that was different from my existing MRB (Tiffany solitaire, purchased pre-PS), but I wanted it to be an alternative option to my original e-ring. So, a second e-ring. I don't wear much jewelry, so I knew I would get the most use out of another ring, and I'm terribly clumsy with my right hand, so a RHR wouldn't work for me. :angel:

As soon as I saw the beautiful patterns of OEC's on PS, I knew that I needed that kind of stone. Besides, I love the romantic notion of the diamond having a rich past and being cut by hand. I searched and searched, until finally finding my 1.71 carat, K color stone from Jewels by Grace (GIA: http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?rep...ename=GIA/Dispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355954554547. It's a stunning stone, and I still can't believe how lovely the color is. Nothing warm or dingy at all; just beautiful color play. Grace was very sweet and the transaction went smoothly.

option_6.jpg

I purchased the stone a year ago, and it took almost a year to find a setting I liked. I really love the way an OEC looks in a modern setting, but I wanted something with more pizzazz than I'm used to with my original solitaire. Many thanks to almondblossom for her stunning design, and for sharing her photos and design to be used by everyone else https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-1-86ct-antique-cushion-in-dk-solitaire.208578/. As soon as I saw the setting, I knew it was the one. I contacted David Klass and started the process. We had a small hiccup initially, but DK worked to make things right and I will use him again for future projects. I had the setting converted to work for a round stone, and in beautiful 14K rose gold, with diamonds set almost all the way around (with a small area open for future resizing, if needed). I used H/I diamonds on the shank and they play perfectly well with the K.

Enjoy:

rosering2.jpg

_26972.jpg

rosering9.jpg

rosering11.jpg

GCGDanielle

Shiny_Rock
More photos.

20150210_060612.jpg

rosering1.jpg

rosering8.jpg

rosering12.jpg

EC4me

Rough_Rock
That's such a beautiful ring! I love the combination of OEC and rose gold!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's magical :love: . I love the warm glow of the rose gold!
Seems like your beautiful OEC has found it's forever home. Congrats :wavey:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beauty! I love rose gold. :love:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your stone and rose gold setting look stunning together!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
It's so beautiful! Your stone looks stunning set in rose gold!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really beautiful! :love: And I am right there with you about wearing a 2nd e-ring more than a RHR!

GCGDanielle

Shiny_Rock
EC4me said:
That's such a beautiful ring! I love the combination of OEC and rose gold!

Thank you. Me too; it makes this diamond come alive.

Acinom said:
It's magical :love: . I love the warm glow of the rose gold!

Seems like your beautiful OEC has found it's forever home. Congrats :wavey:

Thank you so much for the lovely compliment. Your taste and collection are exquisite. I've spent many hours drooling over your pieces.

redwood66 said:
A beauty! I love rose gold. :love:

Thank you! I do too. I was initially worried about how RG would look on my very fair skin, but it has such a feminine, understated look that suits me just perfectly.

kathley said:
Your stone and rose gold setting look stunning together!

Thank you so much. :)

ricezo said:
It's so beautiful! Your stone looks stunning set in rose gold!

Thank you! It's really so true that each old cut stone really has it's own flavor which dictates the setting. I really waffled on whether to do platinum prongs or not, but in the end I felt that the entire ring in rose gold complimented the stone best.

diamondseeker2006 said:
That is really beautiful! :love: And I am right there with you about wearing a 2nd e-ring more than a RHR!

Thank you so much! :)

ericad said:
Beautiful!!! :love:

Thank you! :mrgreen:

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
That's such a pretty diamond, setting and gold color :love: Love it!

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! The rose gold compliments your stone so well. Well done :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So yummy and delicious! I'm loving the resurgence of yellow/rose gold - so classy and elegant!!!!!!

CorazonOro

Rough_Rock
WOW, is that ever gorgeous! Nice work on putting it all together. It's very unique.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and exquisite setting. Perfect! Enjoy your new ring, it's gorgeous!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
What a perfect gift to yourself to celebrate a double blessing - a milestone birthday and 15 years together! That's incredible. Love the design, the rose gold really adds a romantic air to old cuts.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Perfectly romantic and gorgeous! :love:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning, we must have more hand shots!!!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! My erring is a K tranny, so I have a soft spot for the Ks, but this one is special.
Thank you for sharing.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Your old cut is just dreamy in the rose gold. Congratulations! Your ring is perfect!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, a perfect combination. :love: Happy anniversary and happy birthday! Enjoy your gorgeous ring. It is just beautiful in every way. :love:

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock
Happy birthday, and happy anniversary. Enjoy your beautiful new ring.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, what a stunning ring! The rose gold is so perfect for your old cut stone. Lovely!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dlish! Now wait and see how many bands you will buy to stack with it!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!! :appl:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results