shape
carat
color
clarity

1.61 round pink spinel

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful beautiful spinel. Gorgeous colour and how special to have that picture of the rough! I shall be interested to see how your ring eventuates. Enjoy the journey :))

Snowyrin

Shiny_Rock
Awww, Freke you are damn funny! *influenced and bobbing furiously now*

I remembered that post as well, sapphire and white diamond are still the best combination. Hope I'm that sure for my pink spinel, but that's the fun part of owning a pink stone.

I'll post more photos of the picking of halo process, keep coming back! :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You cannot go wrong with a diamond halo and anyway, with a stone like that, it'll look great in anything.

Snowyrin

Shiny_Rock
Btw, I'm also curious what the rest of the PS population had done to their pink spinels. :love:

Do post pictures of your pink spinel ring if you own one too!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a lot of "show me x colour" but none for pink. How strange, but let's rectify that here. :tongue:

bk_pink_tourm.jpg

jw_pink_asscher.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but I must say how much I love your spinel. It's so beautiful - I've had pink spinels on the brain a lot lately, and in my mind this is the ideal color. Congrats, can't wait to see how you set it!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the first setting Chrono posted. Gorgeous stone!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hideous. You must let me relieve you of this at once. :Up_to_something:

I, ummm...have a few pink spinels, I'll post a pic from my computer of the set ones.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my pink Mahenge spinel ring. I love the stone but I don't like it on my skintone. I like the amethyst idea and was considering haloing this with sapphires myself. The colour is similar to yours Snowyrin, right?

20140109_161301.jpg

20140109_162122.jpg

20140109_162008.jpg

Snowyrin

Shiny_Rock
Yay! I'm excited to see more pink spinel rings you guys have. And thank you Chrono for uploading pictures of pink spinels for my reference. I'm eager to know what tone and saturation of pink are PSers going after. Cos when I'm still a lurker back in July, I enjoy the coaching of "I can see a window. No, it's as big as a door. " and "There's extinction. Put the stone back." when others posted stones & requested for help. I always love honest opinions. And PSers are such a helpful punch!

NKOTB, can't wait for your uploads, thanks in advance!

ilovegemstones, yes, my spinel has about the same tone and colour like yours. But I'm setting it in white gold if I'm going for white diamond halo and maybe rose gold if I'm setting in pink diamond melees. Perhaps if you reset the ring, it's gonna change how it looks against your skintone. Don't give up on it yet. =)

And Katharath please get it off your mind by joining the club of pink spinels! We are waiting for yours to come along!! At least describe what you wish for in it and make us look out. :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll return tomorrow to post a gamut of pink spinels. None are mine but they show the many different modifiers and nuances possible.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stones are not all at their best here, fingerprinty and such, but here are my set ones...

img_8116.jpg

Snowyrin

Shiny_Rock
NKOTB|1389315047|3589875 said:
The stones are not all at their best here, fingerprinty and such, but here are my set ones...

I literally went "WOAH!" just scrolling half of your photo. What long fingers and pretty pink rings!

Totally love the cushion pink at the bottom.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A small sampling of possible pink spinel colours from Tanzania.

mahengespinel20ctipanko.jpg

mahengespinels.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are from Vietnam and Burma.

mogokspinel5ct.jpg

namyaspinelandrough.jpg

vietnamredspinel.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink spinels from other Asian locales.

pamirspinel20ct.jpg

tajikspinel25ct.jpg

Snowyrin

Shiny_Rock
I love those from Mahenge, which is also the origin of my pink spinel. :love:

The photos show certain degree of colour differences for the different locations.

The next item on my want list will be a peach pink stone, hopefully an unheated sapphire. :halo:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! The journey to go from rough to round and shiny is neat. I like the "big" stone surrounds but, I think I'm in a phase (which I can't afford!!!) Thanks for sharing.

AND I see you have a devil's back in bloom and your ixoras look nice, too. :twirl:

Snowyrin

Shiny_Rock
wordie89|1389375467|3590388 said:
It's beautiful! The journey to go from rough to round and shiny is neat. I like the "big" stone surrounds but, I think I'm in a phase (which I can't afford!!!) Thanks for sharing.

AND I see you have a devil's back in bloom and your ixoras look nice, too. :twirl:

Thank you for viewing too! I'm so excited as I'm heading off to the setter's place later.

And finally a flower lover! I don't even know them by their names. I'll take more flower shots when the ring is ready. =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results