shape
carat
color
clarity

1/3ctw vs 3/4ctw RB studs

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Debating whether or not to purchase RB studs in 1/3ct or 3/4ct..these are my first studs so I'm not too sure about them aside the major price difference. I'm looking at Brilliance & Brian Gavin...

Does size matter for earrings or less is more? :love:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
For a single, standalone pair, the .75 TCW will have a lot more presence.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there any way you can try on some different sizes to see how you like them? A lot depends on you - your features, your ears, and the look you're going for. And of course your budget, but I assume you've already got that part worked out.

I have 3 pairs of MRB studs, all set with PS-worthy well cut diamonds. Here's how I feel about each.

.25ctw, 8-prong martini setting. I originally bought these pre-loved, intending to give them to my teen-age niece. That was five years ago, she's now 20, and she still hasn't pierced her ears! :lol: Anyhow a few years ago I decided I might as well wear them. Although I love the earring style, I decided they looked too small on me. I'm not an overly large person but I do have large facial features and a somewhat large head (judging by hat size.) But they did inspire me to get...

.48 ctw, 8-prong martini setting. These are the earrings I grab for almost every day - understated bling. The 8-prong setting is very comfortable for me. They're centered nicely on my lobe, but they don't look lost on there.

.78 ctw, 3-prong martini setting. These are the earrings I'm likely to grab for when I'm wearing business/church type attire, which is not often now that I'm retired. I like the clean contemporary look of the 3-prong martini, but it's not as comfortable on me as the 8-prong setting. But I also think this is more diamond than I want for everyday wear, which is why I won't be moving these to an 8-prong setting anytime soon.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 pairs of studs, 0.33 and 1 ctw. I wear the small ones almost daily as I can't get away with anything bigger at work. The larger ones tend to be worn for more special occasions. I know some ladies on here wear much bigger studs all the time, I guess it just depends on your lifestyle. I should add that I have teeny earlobes and can't really go any larger!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results